Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119401 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5550 on: September 18, 2023, 10:47:44 AM »

My state is now 70% renewables, and electricity rates are lower than the national average. 

Thanks mostly to geography and the 46 th fewest people of the 50 states.
The great abundance of prairies lets the wind  blow freely and the Misssouri River is a main contributor to hydroelectric power, about 30% of the total renewable number. The state has very little oil, natural gas, or coal supplies and no pipelines.
https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=SD

America's high energy consumption is related to lifestyle choices that have given us a sky-high obesity rate. 
Absurd comment.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:59:09 AM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: September 18, 2023, 11:54:18 AM »

So absurd it made your chins wiggle and sent a rolling tremor through your XXXXL diaper.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: September 18, 2023, 01:37:41 PM »

A cop was murdered in Palmdale, California. 1,000 people showed up for a vigil last night at the Palmdale Sheriff's Station. Some people think Palmdale is a ghetto, but it is not really, the Antelope Valley builds top secret airplanes, etc, and satellites, etc, the Space Shuttles were built in the Antelope Valley, etc. A suspect has been arrested in the case.

https://abc7.com/palmdale-deputy-killed-ryan-clinkunbroomer-person-of-interest-detained/13796505/

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: September 18, 2023, 01:58:10 PM »

The President of Colombia made a post on Facebook this morning telling the Colombian immigrants here in Queens, New York, that he wants to make Colombia safe so that people do not have to leave to move to the USA for safety. I sent the President of Colombia a message telling him that New Orleans, Louisiana, has important ports, and I told him that a lot of the Colombian coffee enters the USA through ports in New Orleans, and I told him that it would be great if we could improve relations and trade between Colombia and New Orleans. As conditions improve in Colombia we can also improve trade and relations between Colombia and New Orleans.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: September 18, 2023, 02:21:10 PM »

The USA just made a deal with Iran to free some people, and the people on the news are leaving a lot out when they discuss Iran. For instance, we have 500,000 people from Iran in Beverly Hills, and 40% of the children in the schools in Beverly Hills are from Iran. Iran is right here in California. We need to improve relations and we need to improve human rights.

Also of note, is we have Mahlagha Jaberi who is a leader in the Persian community, and Mahlagha can help.

I worked with people from the Middle East at The Broadway Department Store in Pasadena, my Boss was Persian, She loved fashion and she dreamed of owning her own store, and we had Persians on our team.

Of note, when you pay high prices for gasoline, a lot of the money is being spent in Beverly Hills, some of the oil money is coming right here to Beverly Hills.

We have a lot of people here from Iran, one community leader is Mahlagha Jaberi, and we need to improve relations with Iran, and we need to improve human rights for the people of Iran.

( And I am a crusader, I would love to bring all of the Persians to Christ, I would love to show them the love and charity of the Lord and I would love to bring all of the Persians to Jesus. We can show the Persians love, and we can win them over with love. Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. We can show love and charity to the people of Iran, while we stand in protest to abuses suffered by the Persian people. The Calvary Chapel Church is a good Church to begin with on helping to win over the hearts of the Persians, and other churches can join in as they are able. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: September 18, 2023, 02:30:25 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: September 18, 2023, 04:19:16 PM »

Just another Monday in a universe where thick chunks of fat didn't migrate to Trump's coronary arteries and stop the beating of his cruel and vicious heart. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: September 18, 2023, 04:30:14 PM »

What a sweetheart he remains.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ominous-warning-jews-1827703
Every time I read something like that, I wonder why the right got its panties in a bunch over Clinton calling racists, homophobes and Islamophobes deplorable.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: September 18, 2023, 04:41:39 PM »

Every time I read something like that, I wonder why the right got its panties in a bunch over Clinton calling racists, homophobes and Islamophobes deplorable.

The right comprises a group made up of the very weakest members of our society and those who feed on them to explore the internal kinks they developed as a result of the extra terrible parenting they received as children.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: September 18, 2023, 05:16:12 PM »

The right comprises a group made up of the very weakest members of our society and those who feed on them to explore the internal kinks they developed as a result of the extra terrible parenting they received as children.
Constitutes.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: September 18, 2023, 06:06:17 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: September 18, 2023, 08:24:24 PM »

A Nevada teenager is facing murder charges for deliberately using a stolen car to run down a bicyclist and killing him last month. The victim turned out to be a retired police chief.

The driver had a passenger who recorded the horrendous incident on his IPhone
Now that the video has surfaced the murder charges were filed and the hunt is on for the teenage passenger.
The video is viral, millions of views on X and YouTube.
But do not look for coverage in or on the MSM.
The teens,  apparently, are not white.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: September 18, 2023, 09:50:08 PM »

A google search showed hundreds of news outlets picked up the Las Vegas papers report and subsequent stories on the search for the teen passenger who shot the video.  I saw the story on AP some time ago.

You are both an idiot and a liar.  Good to know I can put you on Ignore here and miss nothing of value.  Don't bother trying to post this kind of garbage misinformation at the Ex Elba site.  Which likely means that you will post nothing.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: September 18, 2023, 10:23:32 PM »

A google search showed hundreds of news outlets picked up the Las Vegas papers report and subsequent stories on the search for the teen passenger who shot the video.  I saw the story on AP some time ago.
Some time ago?
The video just went viral.

Don't bother trying to post this kind of garbage misinformation at the Ex Elba site.  Which likely means that you will post nothing.
Gee, the whole purpose of Exlba is to give you the power to delete opinions YOU do  not like by calling them misinformation. 
You have not fooled anybody.
What is the point of a discussion forum if only to rubber stamp your opinions?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:34:45 PM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: September 19, 2023, 01:28:05 AM »

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 566