Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119336 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5610 on: September 20, 2023, 06:19:01 PM »

In America, Bambu, it is all about the content of your character,

?  It is?
I think he has roughly the character of a cube of wombat poo.

That fact will never not amuse me.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: September 20, 2023, 06:39:14 PM »

Do clothes make the man?

Mark Twain opined they do but Naked people have little or no influence on society.
It turns out slobs can however.
Like Pennsylvania Senator Fetterman, a man with suspect brains and a dress code befitting Fred Flintstone
Which is now the norm in the Chuck Schumer Senate where he needs evert democrat vote he can sell his soul to get.

Too funny

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: September 20, 2023, 07:54:34 PM »

Great stuff, Red!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: September 20, 2023, 07:55:42 PM »

Cool to see how easy it is to get the far right bubble's panties in a bunch nowadays.

Also funny to read this:

Which is now the norm in the Chuck Schumer Senate where he needs evert democrat vote he can sell his soul to get.

When the jagoffs on the other chamber cannot even bring a floor vote on a military spending bill it negotiated with itself.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: September 20, 2023, 08:45:57 PM »

Great stuff, Red!
Yes, I think so, too.
Especially in a Senate with at least two missing brains trying to pass legislation supporting a President who is already in dementia.

I appreciate your support.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: September 20, 2023, 09:45:17 PM »

Yes!! Keep up the good work!!!!  I love it when fans of the party of Jim Jordan and Tommy Tuberville question the intellect of other pols.  Good stuff indeed!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: September 20, 2023, 09:56:13 PM »

UK PM revokes country's green policies  - Sky News

Al Gore thinks it's 'unfortunate'.

Seems the people having to live it, and pay for it, the People, do not.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:37:55 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: September 20, 2023, 10:29:20 PM »

Yes!! Keep up the good work!!!!  I love it when fans of the party of Jim Jordan and Tommy Tuberville question the intellect of other pols.  Good stuff indeed!!!
What that  has to do withthe Senate dress code is beyond me.
Maybe you can explain it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: September 20, 2023, 10:33:40 PM »

Why bother?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: September 21, 2023, 12:09:23 AM »

A well groomed man, in a stylish, well-fitting, suit...stylish, classic business shirt, matching tie (Windsor knot), (3 piece suit with a vest is my favourite), business shoes, matching belt, matching socks.....who speaks the relative language correctly and without profanity, and with a charming, kind, caring, manner...can be attractive to women (or men), employers, clients, mostly everyone.

How do I know this?
It worked for me.
Well I didn't have much else going for me ...no degrees to wave around, no fancy car to impress with, no money, no muscles, no height. lol
So I tried "nice".  :)

"Dress/appear like you deserve an upgrade" - life expert.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 01:13:59 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: September 21, 2023, 12:45:17 AM »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: September 21, 2023, 03:33:01 AM »

A well groomed man, in a stylish, well-fitting, suit...stylish, classic business shirt, matching tie (Windsor knot), (3 piece suit with a vest is my favourite), business shoes, matching belt, matching socks.....who speaks the relative language correctly and without profanity, and with a charming, kind, caring, manner...can be attractive to women (or men), employers, clients, mostly everyone.

How do I know this?
It worked for me.
Well I didn't have much else going for me ...no degrees to wave around, no fancy car to impress with, no money, no muscles, no height. lol
So I tried "nice".  :)

"Dress/appear like you deserve an upgrade" - life expert.

I dunno.

Short, stout East Village thrift attire and several reliable marijuana sources worked for me until I got a real job
with my local government as a political appointee.
I was always confident in myself.

I was always a bit of a charmer, what do I do? Im single, professional and I have all my teeth!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: September 21, 2023, 07:55:30 AM »

Great stuff, Red!
Yes, I think so, too.
Especially in a Senate with at least two missing brains trying to pass legislation supporting a President who is already in dementia.

I appreciate your support.
What that  has to do withthe Senate dress code is beyond me.
Maybe you can explain it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: September 21, 2023, 12:53:46 PM »

Walmart on Wednesday opened its first Pet Services center, offering grooming and veterinary care in the same place where shoppers can buy pet food and supplies, the retail giant announced.

---------

We can teach the people in our prisons how to groom dogs, they can learn by grooming the dogs from the Animal Control facilities, then when the people get out of prison they can go to work grooming dogs. The people who show aptitude and who rise to the top can keep rising to go to college to become Veterinarians.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: September 21, 2023, 01:40:17 PM »

A lot of the reason why many people are in prison is because they are ignorant and they do not know how to work at an honest job and earn honest money, if we teach them how to work and how to earn honest money then I believe that many of the people from the prisons can be saved. A good dog groomer can earn $50,000 per year or more. And maybe we can give the Businesses such as Walmart a Tax Break if they hire ex cons.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 566