Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119336 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5640 on: September 25, 2023, 01:33:10 PM »

Another entry of the millions of Good Guy With A Gun Stories.

Would be burglars armed with billy club pick the wrong farmer to try to rob: I will shoot!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/would-be-burglars-armed-billy-club-pick-wrong-farmer-rob-i-will-shoot

Here is one more!

https://phillipslaw.com/man-accidentally-shot-and-killed-in-phoenix-gun-accident/
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: September 25, 2023, 01:58:28 PM »

Helpful discussion of section 3, from legal expert Ruth Marcus. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/25/disqualify-trump-14th-amendment/

Is it time to put Salmon P. Chase on full ignore?

https://archive.ph/fmIED

- paywall free screenshot
Pretty good analysis of a couple of the reasons why the attempts to use the 14th Amendment are not going to work. The idea that the 14th somehow excludes the two highest offices is unlikely to fly for anyone who pays attention to origin intent which in other contexts would include conservative judges, though they have shown a marked willingness to disregard that type of principle when it is politically inconvenient, and the idea it needs congressional action is not even the most troublesome issue 9n how the provision gets enforced. I think applying the provision to someone who has never been convicted of a criminal offense that could be described as insurrection is highly problematical, and there are a whole lot of other issues, like standing or political questions that will likely lead to a.court noping out without even thinking of the merits. Diverting Trumpian attention and resources for amusement is about the only reason to try it.

I note RedDick's benefit since he has trouble understanding the concept that none of those reasons have anything to do with due process.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: September 25, 2023, 08:37:39 PM »

Jack Smith would need a verrry speedy trial.  Section three is broad, broader than the more specific insurrection statute, and that's both a virtue and a weakness afaict.  It seems clear to a casual observer that Trump would definitely qualify for the given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof clause, possibly in both of Jack Smith's actions - if that whole showing top secrets at Mara Lagoon pans out.  OK, I'll let the typo stand. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: September 25, 2023, 08:51:01 PM »

Jack Smith would need a verrry speedy trial.  Section three is broad, broader than the more specific insurrection statute, and that's both a virtue and a weakness afaict.  It seems clear to a casual observer that Trump would definitely qualify for the given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof clause, possibly in both of Jack Smith's actions - if that whole showing top secrets at Mara Lagoon pans out.  OK, I'll let the typo stand.
You need to broaden your research.
By the way, casual observers of the Constitution are invariably idiots.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: September 25, 2023, 08:55:35 PM »

A startling moment of candid self-disclosure from Ward!  Well done!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: September 25, 2023, 09:10:05 PM »

A startling moment of candid self-disclosure from Ward!  Well done!
I thought so since you qualified.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: September 25, 2023, 10:18:39 PM »

Well you are.in a confessing mood, I see.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: September 25, 2023, 10:39:53 PM »

Well you are.in a confessing mood, I see.
Okay , stick with the DNC talking points. 
That way you dont have to think.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: September 26, 2023, 01:30:39 AM »

Red talks like a sticky sock puppet. I wonder what went wrong with him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: September 26, 2023, 08:33:02 AM »

Maybe he was born that way.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: September 26, 2023, 12:14:19 PM »

Maybe he was born that way.

It could have been mabeline. It is not made to be taken internally and Red does not have the capacity to read warning labels or instructions.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: September 26, 2023, 02:32:32 PM »

31-year-old model Maleesa Mooney was found dead in her downtown LA apartment on September 12, according to the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). Two days before, on September 10, authorities found 32-year-old Nichole Coats dead in her apartment, less than a mile away. Sep 18, 2023

------------

While there has been some gentrification in Downtown Los Angeles, and while attempts are being made to make Los Angeles nicer, Downtown Los Angeles is still dangerous. I recommend that the young beautiful single models get together and share homes in Malibu, that would be the safest and the best. Also, there are nice luxury condominiums in West Hollywood at Empire West, where they have security guards, door men, valets, and cameras, Empire West is very safe. Hollywood is safe too, and Los Feliz, and lots of young models live there. While they try to trick the new people by calling the apartments in Downtown Los Angeles "Luxury" apartments, they are not really that nice, and the area is not very safe, there are other areas where the young beautiful women will be safer. And Orange County is safe, as well as Ventura County.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: September 26, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »

Possibly best not to dwell on what made the sock sticky. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: September 26, 2023, 04:14:16 PM »

Possibly best not to dwell on what made the sock sticky.

Yes, similar to how one should not build condos on native burial grounds. Terrible fucking juju is what you get.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 566