Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119430 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5745 on: October 04, 2023, 03:46:50 PM »

What's interesting, in a therapeutic sense, is how you've made this about me.  Tony made a statement. He was wrong and I corrected it.
How could you have?
Tony stated that she was a Professor at Columbia.  I said she wasn't because I looked at the same place you did. The only difference being that I read it correctly.
Then you made a mistake( as I did) because that was not the entire LinkedIn history of the professor.
To see that you had to join LinkedIn
But it still begs the question of why you would bother to correct something that had absolutely no bearing on Tony s message.

Hey dumbass, I already had a LinkedIn account.  As soon as I read Salute Tony V's statement about her being a Professor at Columbia, I looked up her up and I found the same exact information that you did, specifically that she's not a professor at Columbia.   Except, again, I read the information correctly.   And allowing for a possible mistake there, I looked her up on the Columbia University website. She wasn't there either.  Because I don't like to be wrong.  Something, apparently, that doesn't bother you.

And you can keep begging away.     Because being the clown you are, you seem far more concerned with why I posted then what I posted. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:55:13 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: October 04, 2023, 03:50:25 PM »

Guns are great! Cocked and ready to fire!!

Yes they are.

A recently reopened Philly cheesesteak joint hired armed security guards to protect customers and staff as the City of Brotherly Love faces an ongoing crime wave

"What we have become accustomed to in society is to react to issues once they happen," Victoria Wylie, co-owner of Jim
11 year olds shooting 13 year olds is "great!"
And extremely rare, unlike crime in democrat run big cities.
Yep!!! That long-standing big-city Democratic Party machine in Apopka, Florida is a disgrace.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:53:21 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: October 04, 2023, 03:55:10 PM »

Looks like Kate has had enough of the antics of Sparkle and her man, so that's that...for the time being at least.
No more metaphorical blue beret wearing for her.

All praise to her for trying...and for lasting so long. She deserves a medal.
I know one woman who would've been done with them after that interview, and done with them permanently after that book was released.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:59:35 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: October 04, 2023, 03:58:39 PM »

Yes they are.

A recently reopened Philly cheesesteak joint hired armed security guards to protect customers and staff as the City of Brotherly Love faces an ongoing crime wave

"What we have become accustomed to in society is to react to issues once they happen," Victoria Wylie, co-owner of Jim
Yep!!! That long-standing big-city Democratic Party machine in Apopka, Florida is a disgrace.
Man you are one dude that needs some time off.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: October 04, 2023, 04:01:56 PM »

Yes they are.

Says the guy who reads (though I'm still not sure he can) a story about an 11-year shooting a couple of 13-year olds and still is comfortable with the idea that guns are great. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: October 04, 2023, 04:04:52 PM »

The lady in the true story 'Lifetime' movie I watched on Youtube yesterday could've done with a gun strapped on and ready to fire, when the intruder who smashed his way into her home chased her wielding a knife, and murdered her with it.

"Never take just your hands to a knife fight" [in America, the land of "Guns and God"].
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: October 04, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »

Yes they are.

Says the guy who reads (though I'm still not sure he can) a story about an 11-year shooting a couple of 13-year olds and still is comfortable with the idea that guns are great.
You said guns were great.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: October 04, 2023, 04:20:02 PM »

Yes they are.

What are you talking about?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: October 04, 2023, 04:23:32 PM »

Yes they are.

Wow.  Have a nice day.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: October 04, 2023, 04:24:33 PM »

Yes they are.

What are you talking about?
Have a nice day.  It's amazing I once thought you were a pretty smart guy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: October 04, 2023, 04:35:06 PM »

I do not have a LinkedIn account, so the information that I am able to see is limited. From what I saw I was under the impression that Professor Marks Ellis is now teaching at Columbia in New York, but in any case, she is a wonderful professor, and the fact that she is a Black woman from Haiti may allow her to be a good role model for the young Black women. Regardless of her race, or sex, or where she is from, she is a great professor, and I enjoyed my time in her classes. Of note, she brought Rosa Parks to speak at Antelope Valley College.

On the issue of Think Tanks, and forums, it is best if we try to use the good ideas that people have to move society forward, instead of fighting against each other, and letting egos get involved, etc. I was really happy to join a group on Facebook to help the poor, the World Bank invited me to join an economic development forum for poor nations, and I was happy to join and I was happy to try to contribute. But, sadly they have a lot of people who just want to argue, they do not want to actually advance the poor nations, the people on the forum obviously studied hard but they just want to be important instead of helping the poor. They want to be important, instead of humbly helping the poor. On Think Tanks there are no bad ideas, and any idea might lead to a good idea, so you do not punish people for sharing ideas, but sadly on the World Bank forum they bash your ideas to show you how stupid you are while pointing out how great they are, and that is not the way that a Think Tank is supposed to work. I have thick skin, but I rarely share on the World Bank economic development forum now, and when I do I can expect to be bashed on whatever I say, it is not very fun, but if I have a great idea then I share it anyway.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: October 04, 2023, 06:55:54 PM »

Wow.  Have a nice day.

It gets kind of surreal when members try to call Ward out on his bullshit.  One thing I'm certain of is that he does not get irony.  Even when you put ironic quote marks around it. 

Oh well, time for my ward meeting in Apopka - we're going to pick Joe's running mate!

Cheers.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: October 04, 2023, 08:15:02 PM »

Wow.  Have a nice day.

It gets kind of surreal when members try to call Ward out on his bullshit.  One thing I'm certain of is that he does not get irony.  Even when you put ironic quote marks around it. 
  well one thing is certain about the conversation referenced.
IRONY was not a componnent.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: October 05, 2023, 12:15:15 AM »

Australia is not 95% empty.

Farms,, big farms, family farms are each thousands of acres.
Crops, cattle, sheep.

Ranches 10,000 cattle, 8 people for example, out in the middle.

'Empty' of people, but agriculture abounds.
No skyscrapers in rural areas and the outback...but there are thousands of wild cattle that are harvested on large Aboriginal owned land ranches in the Northern Territory.
Wild camels exported to America, Arabia for racing and meat.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 12:18:12 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: October 05, 2023, 10:48:07 AM »

Wow.  Have a nice day.

well one thing is certain about the conversation referenced.
IRONY was not a componnent.

QED
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 566