Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119326 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5776 on: October 06, 2023, 04:41:17 PM »

Olvera Street in Los Angeles is having problems with homeless people, and with rats, and the problems are easy to solve.

People can go to the Animal Control Shelter and they can get the cats and they can turn the cats loose on Olvera Street, like they do in Rome, Italy. When you go to visit the Colosseum in Rome then you will see cats all over. Rome would rather have cats instead of rodents. Olvera Street can have cats instead of rats, like in Rome.

Also, on the issue of housing, Olvera Street can learn from Rome, Italy, and Los Angeles can have hostels where people can shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night. Instead of being homeless the people can shower and sleep in a hostel.

Olvera Street can learn from Rome.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: October 06, 2023, 04:42:42 PM »

Yes, but then you have a cat problem.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: October 06, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »

They can sterilize the cats before they turn them loose.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: October 06, 2023, 04:56:20 PM »

They can sterilize the cats before they turn them loose.

Salute,

Tony V.
Bastard. How would you like it if someone sis that to you?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: October 06, 2023, 06:14:04 PM »

Your discussions are usually based on your bigotry not facts.

That has a much stronger ring of truth if you substitute the clearly out of place second person pronoun for a first person pronoun that you have spent years convincing everyone is absolutely appropriate and accurate to the rest of your response
I just put it.down as one of the many, many words and phrases RedDick utters without knowing what they mean. Like "nihilist", someone called him that and he worked out it an insult and uses it that way without regard to actual definitions.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: October 07, 2023, 06:12:23 AM »

Israel declares "We are at war" "enemy Hamas will pay price"...after Hamas fired 5000 rockets from Gaza Strip...people dead.
...and has invaded.

One day, Israel is gonna do its nana and fire some big rockets into Gaza, turning it into ash.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 06:27:11 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: October 07, 2023, 11:53:22 AM »

Israel reprisals kill far more people, probably most of them not part of Hamas.   Every time these Hamas idiots do this, they condemn more of their own compatriots to death.  In a sense, it's Hamas who brought an authoritarian like Bibi to power. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: October 07, 2023, 01:43:02 PM »

"Idiots" is kind to Hamas.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: October 07, 2023, 04:03:21 PM »

Israel reprisals kill far more people, probably most of them not part of Hamas.   Every time these Hamas idiots do this, they condemn more of their own compatriots to death.  In a sense, it's Hamas who brought an authoritarian like Bibi to power.
Uh, no.
The Palestinians started this war in 1948 and never stopped.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: October 07, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »

It is just like the war white Christian nationalists have been carrying on without letup since the 1860s.

Red is saying we should not give bloodthirsty fanatics like him any foothold whatsoever.

At least that is what he would be saying if he were in any way consistent 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: October 07, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »

Uh, no.

Uh, no.  They lived there already.  It's called PALESTINE for a reason. Then the new arrivals started shoving them off their lands and razing farms and generally treated them like garbage.  (sound familiar?)

But thanks for that very Putinesque take on "ahh look what you made me do!" 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: October 07, 2023, 06:13:17 PM »

Uh, no.

Uh, no.  They lived there already.  It's called PALESTINE for a reason.
Palestine was  partitioned to give the Jews a home after World War Two.
The Arabs never accepted it and have fought constantly, and always (ALWAYS lose).

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: October 07, 2023, 07:05:58 PM »

Nuance causes Red extra horrendous hemorrhoid flare ups. 

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: October 07, 2023, 07:19:41 PM »

Scumbags like Arafat profited from the conflict in the Middle East, and Saddam, and others, and we have made progress in the Middle East in the last 20 years. Israel used to have people blowing themselves up at bus stops in Israel and then Saddam and Arafat would give money to the families of the suicide bombers.

That is a fucked up life if you are so miserable and poor that you blow yourself up at a bus stop. By alleviating extreme poverty and suffering and by teaching the people peace then we can make progress towards a healthier civilization, and you cannot do that with a gun. It takes more than a gun to create a peaceful world. You feed them, and you tell them this food I give to you out of love for you, and you teach them to treat other people the same way that you want to be treated. I am a Christian and I am a crusader, and as I feed people then I would tell them that God loves them. And the Peacetime is the time to be sending in the teachers and the priests and the business leaders, etc.

My friend who I made a student film with at USC film school wanted to open an American style movie studio in Turkey to make movies and television shows for the Arabs, and that is the way to reach their hearts and minds. Movies, music, television shows, etc, all have the power to change how people think, feel, and behave.

Blessed are the Peacemakers, and Pope Francis is a great man of peace, and we need to fully fund the Peace Corps, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 07:22:05 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 566