Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119451 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5970 on: October 17, 2023, 02:19:42 AM »

Do Australians die of autoerotic asphyxiation?

Well, do Palestinians use their children and other family members as suicide bombers?
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: October 17, 2023, 02:22:24 AM »

Jewish Lives Matter

You could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, given what's on show in the West today, including in America.

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: October 17, 2023, 08:19:26 AM »

According to RedDick and bambu, Hamas's fault:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/6-year-old-boy-killed-anti-muslim-attack-illinois-police-say-rcna120543

It is Hamas' fault.
Hamas invaded Israel, its atrocities sent some people's minds off-centre.
Then there are people in America celebrating the horrors of Hamas.
Next minute a boy is dead.
Of course that is horrible.
But no surprise to me.
What if Hamas's war crimes of last Sunday were in retaliation to a provocation by Israel?
Wouldn't that make the massacre Israel's fault? That is Hamas's view of the case.
They were responding to Israeli provocations, who was responding to Palesintians provocation who was responding to Israeli provocation and on and on back to the mandate creating Israel against the express wishes of 61% of the people then living in the area, and in reality dating back to Sarah forcing Abraham to expel Hagar and Ishmael. It is a very very slippery slope to start excusing barbaric and illegal conduct because it was triggered by prior barbaric and criminal conduct.
Except , of course, the original sin of the 1948 partition of Palestine was the  Arab refusal
to co exist with Israel.
Yeah, for some reason the Arab majority objected to having a settlement imposed on them, with no regard to any right of self-determination despite the UN Charter, that gave 1/3.of the population 2/3 of the land, most of which they owned. Weird they objected to that.

In reality Israel will be responsible for any war crimes it commits, regardless of provocation.
Just as Hamas is. Israel's war crimes are not Hamas's fault any more than Hamas's are Israel's.
Not true. It is not a war crime to respond to an attack.( see Hiroshima, Dresden) And the history of this
conflict is replete with acts of war by Arabs.  If Hamas puts missiles into schools, for example, to kill Jews, Israel is justified in demolishing the school.
Period.
You are correct.  Responding is not in and of itself a war crime. How you respond may be. If Israel does commit war crimes, regardless of who started it, Israel will bear the legal and moral responsibility for those crimes.
Nice dodge.
Hamas has already forfeited anything moral about its actions.
Israel is thus justified in the absolute annihilation of Hamas since anything less is a threat to the existence of Israel.
Israel uses its missiles to protect its citizens.
Hamas uses its citizens to protect its missiles.
Nice dodge. The issue under discussion is not whether Israel is justified in going after Hamas with a vengeance (yes). The issue is whether Israel bears the moral and legal responsibility for acts taken 8n the conduct of the war that violate the laws of war (also yes).

We have an upside down little unwiped bottom of  sociopath who feels Israel has no moral obligation at all, because Hamas "started it". It is far too complex a situation to talk of anyone starting it. After all, if an act of war allowed you to violate international law with impunity in retaliation,  Israel has blockaded Gaza for over 15 years, and a blockade, by definition, is an act of war.

Everyone is morally responsible for their own acts. Tony is normally anodyne at best if not outright stupidly naive, especially when it comes to white Christians, Celebrities and the people of Battle Mountain, but sometimes the anodyne escapes people. Hamas and only Hamas, is responsible for its unspeakable acts of last Sunday, regardless of provocation. Israel, and only Israel, is responsible for any of its acts in pursuit of a justified military reaponse that violate international law.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: October 17, 2023, 08:36:40 AM »

Oct 12 2023
The Missed Chance for Peace

David Brooks
New York Times

Prime Minister Ehud Barak of Israel, President Bill Clinton and Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat at Camp David in 2000.

But this offer pointed the way to the sort of fair solution negotiators had been struggling toward for years. It is hard to see this kind of option ever being on the table again. And the Palestinians let it slip away.

#####

Indeed.
Seems a big waste of time trying to talk with the Palestinians and their allies, the Arab states.
A big waste of time.
My guess is that you know absolutely nothing about the Camp David negotiations of 2000 and had never even heard of them before reading Brooks's article. Anyone who claims Palestinians should have taken an offer there is going to run hard into figuring out what any offer was, since nothing was in writing. Although it is pretty clear that Israel's offer involved seizing or retaining more land than previous agreements, and a disjointed, non-contiguous Palestine at the mercy of Israel for things like water, electricity and even travel from one part to another.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: October 17, 2023, 09:39:28 AM »

It is far too complex a situation to talk of anyone starting it. After all, if an act of war allowed you to violate international law with impunity in retaliation,  Israel has blockaded Gaza for over 15 years, and a blockade, by definition, is an act of war.

Everyone is morally responsible for their own acts. Tony is normally anodyne at best...but sometimes the anodyne escapes people. Hamas and only Hamas, is responsible for its unspeakable acts of last Sunday, regardless of provocation. Israel, and only Israel, is responsible for any of its acts in pursuit of a justified military reaponse that violate international law.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: October 17, 2023, 10:13:46 AM »

Do Palestinians use their children and other family members as suicide bombers?
Yes or No?
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: October 17, 2023, 10:25:51 AM »

Why don't you research the issue since you're not getting any satisfaction here?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: October 17, 2023, 10:42:40 AM »

Everyone is morally responsible for their own acts. Tony is normally anodyne at best if not outright stupidly naive, especially when it comes to white Christians, Celebrities and the people of Battle Mountain, but sometimes the anodyne escapes people. Hamas and only Hamas, is responsible for its unspeakable acts of last Sunday, regardless of provocation. Israel, and only Israel, is responsible for any of its acts in pursuit of a justified military reaponse that violate international law.
You somehow combine cheap insults about Tony with a total misreading of the laws of war.
Israel is totally justified in wiping out Hamas. If Israel does not attack, Hamas will keep attacking
If you are naive about this remember Israel is not required  to stop  protecting its own citizens in order to spare Palestinian children.
As to the totality of the conflict there will never be Peace in the  Mid East until the jihadists are annihilated.
There is no law of war that makes victory a crime
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:59:44 AM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: October 17, 2023, 10:58:50 AM »

Israel has blockaded Gaza for over 15 years, and a blockade, by definition, is an act of war.

Incorrect.
The blockade is a joint effort by Israel and Egypt to stop  Hamas from smuggling in weapons.
It violates no international Law and was enforced after Hamas fired thousands of rockets into Israel.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: October 17, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »

You somehow combine cheap insults about Tony with a total misreading of the laws of war.
Israel is totally justified in wiping out Hamas. If Israel does not attack, Hamas will keep attacking
If you are naive about this remember Israel is not required  to stop  protecting its own citizens in order to spare Palestinian children.
As to the totality of the conflict there will never be Peace in the  Mid East until the jihadists are annihilated.
And you willfully misread my posts, which has nothing to do with a war against Hamas but rather the treatment of Palestinian civilians and potential war crimes against them.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: October 17, 2023, 11:14:36 AM »

And you willfully misread my posts, which has nothing to do with a war against Hamas but rather the treatment of Palestinian civilians and potential war crimes against them.
I didn

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: October 17, 2023, 11:21:56 AM »

I didn
"I mean, how long does it take to check your own work?"
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: October 17, 2023, 11:28:02 AM »

In the asbsence of a "No" answer I'll assume the answer is "Yes".
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: October 17, 2023, 11:41:13 AM »

In the asbsence of a "No" answer I'll assume the answer is "Yes".
You would have made the same assumption had someone said no, instead of just ignoring your worthless ass.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: October 17, 2023, 11:42:48 AM »

Jewish Lives Matter

You could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, given what's on show in the West today, including in America.
Indeed, right wing antisemitic violence has been a growing problem in this country for a while. But I suspect you have something else in mind.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 567