Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119336 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6180 on: October 27, 2023, 08:00:55 PM »

Ah yes, the lives of the past, when life in the West was sane, and affordable.
Today in the West, for average joe, nothing much is affordable, let alone the life you seek.
But, "you never know your luck in a big city".
A rich divorcee is maybe your best bet.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: October 28, 2023, 03:42:44 AM »

Australian PM has departed the US...and already there's a problem with the AUKUS pact...the US Navy short of Virginia class submarines for itself, America's defence.
Any attempted increase in manufacture could cause problems...as the subs have to be made properly, no rushing.
Yes, rushing is where mistakes get made.

Also mentioned on my news was the fact that once delivered to Australia the subs would  be owned and sailed by Australia.
The "crown jewels" of 'America's nuclear defence' then in the hands of others.

Simple solution :
America rotates some of its nuclear subs thru Australian ports, Indian ocean, Pacific Ocean, South China Sea etc.
That way America still owns the subs, owns the technology, the subs totally sailed by Americans.
...with Australia contributing the cost.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: October 28, 2023, 12:18:40 PM »

It is a better idea than giving you tech you do not understand and cannot learn to use.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: October 28, 2023, 02:59:08 PM »

Australian PM has departed the US...and already there's a problem with the AUKUS pact...the US Navy short of Virginia class submarines for itself, America's defence.
Any attempted increase in manufacture could cause problems...as the subs have to be made properly, no rushing.
Yes, rushing is where mistakes get made.

Also mentioned on my news was the fact that once delivered to Australia the subs would  be owned and sailed by Australia.
The "crown jewels" of 'America's nuclear defence' then in the hands of others.

Simple solution :
America rotates some of its nuclear subs thru Australian ports, Indian ocean, Pacific Ocean, South China Sea etc.
That way America still owns the subs, owns the technology, the subs totally sailed by Americans.
...with Australia contributing the cost.

We will sell you some submarines and we will teach you how to use them.

But, the United States Military is not a Mercenary Force. We do not fight for money, we fight only when it is necessary and only when we consider it to be the right thing to do.

In Kuwait when we ran Saddam out, the Government of Kuwait wanted to pay the USA money for saving them, and President George H.W. Bush told them that the United States Military is not a Mercenary Force, we removed Saddam because it was the right thing to do, and we did not do it for money.

We are not mercenaries. But, we will sell you weapons. And we are your allies.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: October 28, 2023, 03:10:27 PM »

It is a better idea than giving you tech you do not understand and cannot learn to use.

LOL
 It's a good idea because subs could be in the region ...now, not in a decade plus from now.
Renting  "fully furnished" is often better than buying.
If I were the US, no way I'd be selling my nuke subs to anyone.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: October 28, 2023, 03:37:03 PM »

We have it all under control.

But, we need to watch people, and we need to be wise.

When I was 13 the streets here were flooded with cocaine to support the Civil War in Nicaragua, etc, the stupid fuckers were selling cocaine on the streets of America to support their war. Teens were doing cocaine.

We need to support the Peace Corps, and we need to be wise, and we need to be smarter than the fuckers in the past.

We can help to fund peace, and aid to the poor, and education, and healthcare, etc, by selling oranges to China.

And Biden needs to be playing Golf with the President of China right now, they need to spend a weekend in Palm Springs playing Golf and making peace and building a friendship.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: October 28, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »

Maybe Xi and Biden can get a moss bath together at Two Bunch Palms, just like Tim Robins and Greta Scaachi.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: October 28, 2023, 04:15:50 PM »

It is a perfect 81 degrees Fahrenheit in Palm Springs right now, Xi and Biden need to have an emergency meeting in Palm Springs, and they can enjoy the best that Palm Springs has to offer, while they strengthen peace and strengthen the friendship between China and the USA. They can drink mimosas with Sunkist orange juice.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: October 28, 2023, 04:19:00 PM »

It is a perfect 81 degrees Fahrenheit in Palm Springs right now, Xi and Biden need to have an emergency meeting in Palm Springs, and they can enjoy the best that Palm Springs has to offer, while they strengthen peace and strengthen the friendship between China and the USA. They can drink mimosas with Sunkist orange juice.

Salute,

Tony V.

If only that could be.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: October 28, 2023, 04:35:44 PM »

We have it all under control.

But, we need to watch people, and we need to be wise.

When I was 13 the streets here were flooded with cocaine to support the Civil War in Nicaragua, etc, the stupid fuckers were selling cocaine on the streets of America to support their war. Teens were doing cocaine.

We need to support the Peace Corps, and we need to be wise, and we need to be smarter than the fuckers in the past.

We can help to fund peace, and aid to the poor, and education, and healthcare, etc, by selling oranges to China.

And Biden needs to be playing Golf with the President of China right now, they need to spend a weekend in Palm Springs playing Golf and making peace and building a friendship.

Salute,

Tony V.

That would be wonderful.
Then I could relax again, and only have to concern myself with a bushfire escape plan instead of also having to work out the shortest route to the 'billabong'...death before capture by the evil invaders.

Several people have already died as fires ravage parts of Queensland state.
"You can't fight a firestorm with a garden hose".
One lady had a heart attack while being evacuated.
I never want to hear "it's too late to leave".
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: October 28, 2023, 09:19:00 PM »

Maybe Xi and Biden can get a moss bath together at Two Bunch Palms, just like Tim Robins and Greta Scaachi.

It was moss, wasn't it?  I remember it as mud, but I think that's wrong. 

I was smitten by Scachi.  Was sorry she turned down the lead in Basic Instinct. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: October 29, 2023, 08:45:59 AM »

Seems Israel is the only country not "allowed" to win a war.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: October 29, 2023, 09:08:44 AM »

It was moss, wasn't it?  I remember it as mud, but I think that's wrong. 

I was smitten by Scachi.  Was sorry she turned down the lead in Basic Instinct.
I think it was moss. They have both.

And Greta Scaachi bursting out of a Santa Claus suit in an explosion of.feathers in Coca Cola Kid is the scene i replayed on a VHS tape.more than any other.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: October 29, 2023, 12:07:50 PM »

There's talk online that the US govt is going to draft young men into the military again.
With everyone being equal, why only young men and not young women.

If all males, and all females, of all races and religions, of all occupations, are not drafted then it's total discrimination against those who are drafted.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: October 29, 2023, 12:24:04 PM »

Nobody who matters has discussed resurrection of the draft
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 566