Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119320 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6435 on: November 13, 2023, 05:18:23 PM »

Happy birthday King Charles!

Long live the King.

He made former Prime Minister David Cameron, Lord Cameron, which means he can sit in parliament without being elected.
Current Prime Minister Sunak has made "explosive cabinet changes", one being appointing Lord Cameron Foreign Secretary.
bambu is pleased.
75 years unjustly avoiding the tumbil.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: November 13, 2023, 05:20:21 PM »

I think everyone understands what a censure vote is, Luee, but you and Red have both been asked what the false narrative was and where she specifically  called for the destruction of Israel.

For the record, I believe that Tlaib is right on the edge of being an anti-Semite (and since I'm equal opportunity in such judgment, I view Trump as an anti-Semite) and in another context, and in other situations, such provocative statements such as "from the river to the sea" would be viewed by some as "dog whistles".  That said, I view her censure as clearly political and not nearly specific enough.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 05:22:35 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: November 13, 2023, 05:21:48 PM »

My feeling is the House got it right. Actual support for a terrorist organization that  kills babies and rapes mothers should be unacceptable to Christians and Jews.
What do you think constituted that "actual suppprt for a terrorist organization"? Specifically.
There was only one person subject to censure.
Rashida Tailib?
Jumping in to answer a question and not answering it is a little rude, don't you think? As is not bothering to correctly spell a name.

But since you jumped in, what do you think Tlaib said that constituted that "actual suppprt for a terrorist organization"? Specifically.
Read the Censure motion.

The resolution censures Tlaib, D-Mich., for promoting false narratives regarding the October 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel and for calling for the destruction of the state of Israel.
Which does not answer this question: What do you think Tlaib said that constituted that "actual suppprt for a terrorist organization"? Specifically. If you prefer, what, specifically was the false 10/7 narrative she promoted, and how, specifically did she call for the destruction of the State of Israel?

Not that I expect you to ever answer the actual question. Or for that matter any question.
The Censure motion was specific to that question, an answered to the satisfaction of 234 House Members after debate.
What is your point?
That you
 cannot and will not answer the question.
The question was answered by the House members.
It was directed to them, specifically.
No, it was directed to luee and later you. You choose not to respond because you know there is nothing you can legitimately defend as "actual support for a terrorist organization." Luee.does not answer because he is incapable of it.

Everyone but you seems to understand what a censure vote means.

The House voted 234-188 to censure Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., over her remarks related to Israel and Palestinians. Twenty-two Democrats joined Republicans in voting to formally rebuke Tlaib for her comments.

The measure, sponsored by Georgia Republican Rich McCormick, accuses Tlaib of "promoting false narratives regarding the October 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel and for calling for the destruction of the state of Israel."
I know what a censure vote is, but it is not relevant to what I asked. I asked you for your support that Tlaib provided "actual support for a terrorist organization." You have none, and nothing you cite provides that basis.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 13, 2023, 05:41:34 PM »

I think everyone understands what a censure vote is, Luee, but you and Red have both been asked what the false narrative was and where she specifically  called for the destruction of Israel.
Those questions were answered overwhelmingly in the house vote.
The political vote was to table.
The vote on the issue itself was a near landslide against anti semites.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: November 13, 2023, 05:46:19 PM »

Those questions were answered overwhelmingly in the house vote

The only question that was answered by the vote is that they had enough votes to censure her.  Which is your same old riff: SCOREBOARD!

And again, for the record, I have no great love for her.

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 13, 2023, 05:52:33 PM »

I asked you for your support that Tlaib provided "actual support for a terrorist organization." You have none, and nothing you cite provides that basis.
You only asked that question because you did not like the answer the House gave Tailib on the same questions.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: November 13, 2023, 05:55:29 PM »

Those questions were answered overwhelmingly in the house vote

The only question that was answered by the vote is that they had enough votes to censure her.  Which is your same old riff: SCOREBOARD!
Exactly how else can an issue be decided in our democracy.?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: November 13, 2023, 05:59:54 PM »

As I said the numbers were sufficient to censure her. Not to answer the questions asked.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 13, 2023, 06:02:11 PM »

As I said the numbers were sufficient to censure her. Not to answer the questions asked.
Now it is you that cannot answer a question .

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: November 13, 2023, 06:02:37 PM »

Happy birthday King Charles!

Long live the King.

He made former Prime Minister David Cameron, Lord Cameron, which means he can sit in parliament without being elected.
Current Prime Minister Sunak has made "explosive cabinet changes", one being appointing Lord Cameron Foreign Secretary.
bambu is pleased.
75 years unjustly avoiding the tumbil.

In the world today it's fast becoming "Long live the King" or "Long live the Ayatollah".
I choose the King.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: November 13, 2023, 06:10:02 PM »

The question answered by the House was whether there were enough votes to censure her. A vote is the only way to answer that narrow question. Not the questions posed to you.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: November 13, 2023, 06:18:06 PM »

The question answered by the House was whether there were enough votes to censure her. 
That is Not the question asked in the House.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: November 13, 2023, 06:19:39 PM »

I asked you for your support that Tlaib provided "actual support for a terrorist organization." You have none, and nothing you cite provides that basis.
You only asked that question because you did not like the answer the House gave Tailib on the same questions.
I asked liee and then you for your basis for the assertion Tlaib supported a terrorist organization. Not what the House did.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: November 13, 2023, 06:58:23 PM »

It is very important for our schools to teach children right from wrong, and we need for the public schools to be just as safe as the Christian Schools, and we need for all children to learn to treat other people the same way that they themselves wish to be treated, we need to teach our children empathy.

Christians are taught the 10 Commandments, along with the Golden Rule to Love Our Neighbors, and we need to teach the same basic principles to all children, they need to be taught not to lie, and not to steal, and not to sleep with someone else's wife, and not to kill, etc, etc, etc, and to love your neighbors and to treat other people as you wish to be treated yourself.

We have 33% of our population in California who moved here from other nations, and we need to teach them what type of behavior is acceptable in America. 40% of the children in the public schools in Beverly Hills are Persian, and it is up to us to teach them all of the wonderful things about America, and about what makes America special, and we need to teach the children to love America and to be grateful to have America.

Right now we have people stealing so bad that the stores cannot even keep toilet paper on the shelves because people steal it...

https://nypost.com/2023/11/12/news/washington-dc-cvs-replaces-shelves-of-toilet-paper-with-photos-of-products-amid-rising-thefts/

And we have the Cub Scouts for the young boys that teaches the boys many wonderful things, we need for the Persian boys to join the Cub Scouts here with the other boys. You do not have to be Christian to be a scout, the Persians are welcome in the Scouts.

And Kiwanis International is a welcoming organization, and they have the Key Club, and there is Circle K, etc. The Persians can do charity work with Kiwanis, they are welcome.

We need to raise better children, and I would rather spend more money on teachers, and less money on prisons. Plus, we want a good society to live in, we need to raise better children.

Hillary said it takes a village to raise a kid, and that is true, we need to raise better children who grow up to be better adults.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 07:01:35 PM by FlyingVProd »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: November 13, 2023, 07:11:47 PM »

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 566