Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119380 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6525 on: November 19, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »

Rosalynn Carter died, may she rest in peace, she was married to Jimmy Carter for over 70 years, and she served our nation well.

Jimmy Carter said he always felt loved and supported by Rosalynn. They had such a wonderful love for each other.

Jimmy and Rosalynn were a shining example of a great American couple and they lived the American Dream in all its glory.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: November 19, 2023, 11:12:44 PM »

Napoleon's hat has sold at auction for $3.1m.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: November 20, 2023, 02:33:47 PM »

I like to get out and walk around Anaheim, like the Europeans in Europe, and I saw something interesting, there was an open house at an apartment complex and the real estate agent had Berkshire Hathaway signs, so I guess Berkshire Hathaway is involved with real estate here in Anaheim. Interesting.

And I spent an hour at the Pharmacy waiting, and Anaheim has good diversity with our population, we have people here from all over the world, the people at the Pharmacy were of every race. And the lady at the Pharmacy was so good and patient with the people, she had a never ending line of customers and she kept a smile on her face and she was polite and nice with every client.

We have some problems with drunks and homeless people in the area around the pharmacy, I need to send a message to my local Representative at City Hall and have her address the issue. We have housing for the homeless now, and she can help them to get into housing. She can send Social Workers to the area to help the people. And meanwhile, we cannot have rude drunks harassing our good citizens, so the police can patrol the area, etc, being drunk in public is a crime here.

Anaheim is a great city, with lots of diversity, and it is still safe to walk the streets here, like in Paris and in Rome. We have some work to do to make it nicer, but I will send a message to my Representative, and it looks like we have Berkshire Hathaway here to help with housing. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: November 20, 2023, 03:11:57 PM »

B Hathaway has a real estate company all over the US, especially the West and Midwest.  Their reputation is not real great atm....

On November 1, 2023, a federal jury in Kansas City, Missouri found Berkshire Hathaway and the National Association of Realtors liable to pay 1.78 billion in damages.  The verdict came as the Warren Buffett led brand, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, along with National Association of Realtors were found guilty of manipulating and artificially inflating the commissions on numerous home sales....

According to the jury in Kansas City, the manipulation resulting in inflated commissions caused an artificial rise in mortgage rates and property prices in the housing market...   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: November 20, 2023, 04:00:26 PM »

B Hathaway has a real estate company all over the US, especially the West and Midwest.  Their reputation is not real great atm....

On November 1, 2023, a federal jury in Kansas City, Missouri found Berkshire Hathaway and the National Association of Realtors liable to pay 1.78 billion in damages.  The verdict came as the Warren Buffett led brand, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, along with National Association of Realtors were found guilty of manipulating and artificially inflating the commissions on numerous home sales....

According to the jury in Kansas City, the manipulation resulting in inflated commissions caused an artificial rise in mortgage rates and property prices in the housing market...   

Sad.

We need for people to have good ethics and to earn their money honestly, and for real estate we need to have value added to our communities, with nicer housing, and with nice public landscaping, and we need attractive businesses in the area that meet the needs of the community, and we need to help the homeless and we need to reduce crime, etc. Gentrification due to crime is a sin, and shame on the bad actors, I hope the punishment in court taught them a lesson.

It is sad that we have people who only care about money, instead of caring about the communities and the people. When my Mother did Real Estate she used to care about the people and the communities, and they loved her, she had television commercials and everything, her mistake was to marry a guy who was a part owner of the real estate company and then when she divorced him she left the company. But, she was great because she really cared about the people and about the communities. And that is what we need in Anaheim, we need real estate companies that care about the people and that care about the communities.

Greedy companies that just raise prices with crime are not the kind of companies that I want in my City. I hope Berkshire Hathaway learned their lesson, and I hope they can be a good part of our City, they are rich and they have the power to help our City to become nicer and to help our people, but we do not want crime and we do not want people who only care about money and who do not care about the people and about our communities.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: November 21, 2023, 10:54:29 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/rolling-stones-2024-north-american-tour-1c8fcfedb1b44c1a5b1d54ede5ca24c0

The word phenomenal is overused but I think it fits these lads.  Ronnie Wood 76, Mick 80, and Keith turns 80 in a few weeks.  And Wyman, 87, sat in this year for one of the tracks on their new album. 

Anyway, happy 81 Mr President.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: November 21, 2023, 02:06:37 PM »

New documentary "The Fall of Minneapolis" tells all about the death of George Floyd, and much more.

"On May 31, 2020, Sweasy said that Baker shared the results of toxicology tests with prosecutors, which showed that Floyd, 46, had "a fatal level of fentanyl" in his blood, along with methamphetemine".
"Floyd also had Covid and severe "arteriosclerosis heart disease", with one artery 75% obstructed, and "hypertensive heart disease".

"George Floyd was a healthy young man", lawyer told the media".

"There is so much that is shocking in the documentary."

#####

A very interesting and enlightening documentary indeed.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: November 21, 2023, 02:21:27 PM »

New documentary "The Fall of Minneapolis" tells all about the death of George Floyd, and much more.

The video of the cop choking the fucking life out of him for 8 minutes is much shorter and more enlightening.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: November 21, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/rolling-stones-2024-north-american-tour-1c8fcfedb1b44c1a5b1d54ede5ca24c0

The word phenomenal is overused but I think it fits these lads.  Ronnie Wood 76, Mick 80, and Keith turns 80 in a few weeks.  And Wyman, 87, sat in this year for one of the tracks on their new album. 

Anyway, happy 81 Mr President.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: November 21, 2023, 02:51:08 PM »

"On May 31, 2020, Sweasy said that Baker shared the results of toxicology tests with prosecutors, which showed that Floyd, 46, had "a fatal level of fentanyl" in his blood, along with methamphetemine".
"Floyd also had Covid and severe "arteriosclerosis heart disease", with one artery 75% obstructed, and "hypertensive heart disease".

"George Floyd was a healthy young man", lawyer told the media".

"There is so much that is shocking in the documentary."

#####

Derek Chauvin murdered Floyd on camera and you can spout your right wing talking points til the cows come home. In the documentary did they mention the Umbrella Man?

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: November 21, 2023, 03:11:14 PM »

The video of the cop choking the fucking life out of him for 8 minutes is much shorter and more enlightening.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: November 21, 2023, 08:16:27 PM »

New video shows knee on shoulder not neck....reportedly.
Shows th hold is as per police text book...reportedly.
Also reportedly shows changed autopsy report.

If I were the cops I'd be crying "foul" and demanding a new trial, holding this doco and its evidence high.
 If I were the cops I''d get the
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: November 22, 2023, 08:10:00 AM »

If I were the cops I'd be crying "foul" and demanding a new trial, holding this doco and its evidence high.

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers. He is crying foul and demanding new trial. The Supreme Court of the United States said fuck your.

https://www.msnbc.com/top-stories/latest/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-supreme-court-rcna126057

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: November 22, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers. He is crying foul and demanding new trial. The Supreme Court of the United States said fuck your.

https://www.msnbc.com/top-stories/latest/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-supreme-court-rcna126057

He was found guilty on certain evidence. New evidence has come to light.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: November 22, 2023, 10:09:08 AM »

He was found guilty on certain evidence. New evidence has come to light.
No it has not. A huckster is just capitalizing on the well known proverb, a conservative and his money are soon parted.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 566