Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119459 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6660 on: December 05, 2023, 01:46:32 AM »

And going your way has led you to never leave your house, an assuredly popular option.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: December 05, 2023, 02:28:10 AM »

And going your way has led you to never leave your house, an assuredly popular option.

I left my house today, in my petrol driven car, did my neighbour a favour.

More than one car rental company has reportedly dumped a particular electric car from their fleets, citing 'massive depreciation cost' etc.
Yes, the gloss is fast wearing off your electric car dream.
That guy in Britain, on YouTube, who drives and tests them, and evaluates the electric car ownership experience in everyday life, is very unimpressed with the whole thing.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 03:33:49 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: December 05, 2023, 11:39:37 AM »

axios.com

"Car dealers tell Biden;
Customers aren't ready for electric cars".

#####

Stuck with them at the dealerships for  6 months or more, while gas cars are walking out the door at express pace.

Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: December 05, 2023, 01:53:32 PM »

It is getting a little easier for the dreamers who are coming to Hollywood chasing their American Dream, now that you can earn $20 per hour from working fast food, you can work as a cook and you can rent a room while you chase your dreams. Before when it was $5 per hour then you had to be homeless unless you could find a cheap room. Now at $20 per hour you can find a room easy.

And we need hostels for $15 per night for a shower and a bed. And people need to be able to live in Sober Living Homes for $150 per week.

If you are honest, then you need to be able to get a job and rent a room and have an honest life while you try to become an Actor in Hollywood, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: December 05, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »

21 Jump Street

Fresh-faced undercover cops head back to high school on the hunt for criminals in this riveting crime drama starring screen icon Johnny Depp.

----------

There was also a television special starring David Cassidy as an undercover cop at a high school.

---------------

Today a high school student brought a gun to school, and they were able to stop the student from hurting anyone, they arrested him and no one was hurt. It happened at Redondo High School.

When I was in high school we had a race riot, and people brought guns to school, and the undercover cops were able to stop the violence, all of a sudden uniformed police officers came in and broke up the race riot and arrested the people with weapons, etc. No one was hurt thanks to the undercover cops.

The schools need security, and the high schools need to have lots of undercover cops.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 03:21:06 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: December 05, 2023, 03:41:11 PM »

I guess such anecdotal "evidence" can be spun any way you'd like.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-electric-vehicle-sales-to-hit-record-this-year/7366987.html#:~:text=Electric%20vehicle%20sales%20are%20expected,new%20car%20sales%20in%202022.

bnnbloomberg.ca

Red State Drivers Turn Up Their Noses at EVs Despite Incentives

The dealers said customers cited the high cost of EVs,  no garages equipped for home charging, the time it takes to charge and loss of driving range in cold or hot weather.
Truck owners also pointed to a dramatic loss of range when towing.

"As many as half of all Americans don't even have a garage, " Anderson said, making EVs an unrealistic option for most of them.

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: December 05, 2023, 04:00:54 PM »

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-electric-vehicle-sales-to-hit-record-this-year/7366987.html#:~:text=Electric%20vehicle%20sales%20are%20expected,new%20car%20sales%20in%202022.

bnnbloomberg.ca

The dealers said customers cited the high cost of EVs,  no garages equipped for home charging, the time it takes to charge and loss of driving range in cold or hot weather.

"As many as half of all Americans don't even have a garage, " Anderson said, making EVs an unrealistic option for most of them.
$500 for my home charger. Pending coming increases in battery life, my car suits my commuting perfectly. The push to electric is about the future and.spurring 8nnovati9n to solve the logistics. After all,, there was a time when gas cars were mamothly inconvenient too.. And by the way, my two neighbors with Teslai charge their cars outside. You do not need a garage.

I think bambu s pension fund heavily invested in buggy whip stocks.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: December 05, 2023, 04:10:48 PM »

bnnbloomberg.ca

By all accounts EV sales are increasing. Nobody is forcing you to buy one. So do not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 04:50:40 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: December 05, 2023, 04:17:40 PM »

Solar is perfect for the desert, including having solar panels on the carports to charge electric cars, etc.

And I like the new Electric VW Buses that are being developed, I do not think they sell them yet, but they showed the prototype on television.

But, be careful out there on the streets driving. I have an apartment that overlooks a parking lot, and some people are so high on opiates and drunk on alcohol, etc, that they cannot even walk and they get in their cars and drive. I see accidents everyday when I am out walking. People are drunk and on opiates and they are crashing into each other. I get anxiety now when I drive on the freeways, Los Angeles has the worst traffic in the world and you see upside down cars on the freeway on fire and dead bodies out on the pavement. I would rather ride the trains and buses.

Or, it would be nice to live like Zsa Zsa Gabor and to have a Rolls Royce Limousine and to ride in the back of a Rolls with a driver driving. And for all of the stars who drink and drive, that is stupid, ride in the back of a Limousine if you are rich and create jobs for people.

I can hire a young beautiful starving actress to drive my Electric VW Bus for me.

Right now my complex is not set up for Electric Cars, but it would be possible to put solar panels on the car ports to charge the cars, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: December 05, 2023, 05:25:48 PM »

Solar is perfect for the desert, including having solar panels on the carports to charge electric cars, etc.

And I like the new Electric VW Buses that are being developed, I do not think they sell them yet, but they showed the prototype on television.

But, be careful out there on the streets driving. I have an apartment that overlooks a parking lot, and some people are so high on opiates and drunk on alcohol, etc, that they cannot even walk and they get in their cars and drive. I see accidents everyday when I am out walking. People are drunk and on opiates and they are crashing into each other. I get anxiety now when I drive on the freeways, Los Angeles has the worst traffic in the world and you see upside down cars on the freeway on fire and dead bodies out on the pavement. I would rather ride the trains and buses.

Or, it would be nice to live like Zsa Zsa Gabor and to have a Rolls Royce Limousine and to ride in the back of a Rolls with a driver driving. And for all of the stars who drink and drive, that is stupid, ride in the back of a Limousine if you are rich and create jobs for people.

I can hire a young beautiful starving actress to drive my Electric VW Bus for me.

Right now my complex is not set up for Electric Cars, but it would be possible to put solar panels on the car ports to charge the cars, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Young and beautiful actresses in America are starving?
Yikes!

bambuland doesn't operate like that  :)
There'd always be a long queue of people willing to house, feed, clothe them, and provide for there every need. :)

For elderly males, the queue is a lot shorter, if one even forms at all.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: December 05, 2023, 05:37:07 PM »

People in Colorado were charging an EV in their garage.
There was a massive explosion...so great it blew off the garage door, the door blown down the driveway.

There is a YouTube video.

Before I bought an EV and charged it in my garage...if I were y'all, I'd be doing a lot or research to get some clear answers.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: December 05, 2023, 05:54:45 PM »

Google :

Explosion inside Erie
garage sends fire-fighters,
garage door flying.

Roger Mares                 8 months ago

Erie, Colo. (KDVR)                 kdvr.com
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: December 05, 2023, 05:58:20 PM »

bnnbloomberg.ca

Red State folk turned up their noses at healthcare, too.

Even on deathsdoorstep, Trevor was not angry. In fact, he staunchly supported the stance promoted by his elected officials. Aint no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it,he told me. I would rather die.When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained, We do not need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.

https://www.bostonreview.net/articles/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness/
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 567