Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119326 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6705 on: December 06, 2023, 07:31:06 PM »

Auto companies appreciate your belief in their infallibility. Wrong as it may be.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: December 06, 2023, 07:44:57 PM »

Auto companies appreciate your belief in their infallibility. Wrong as it may be.
LOL

I will bet on Honda, GM, Ford, and Tesla who look at data ( you did not provide) every day of the week over your sophmoric view of capitalism.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: December 06, 2023, 07:48:20 PM »

Heh. I did provide data supporting increased sales, the definition of wanting a product. It is you, Capitalism incarnate, who has provided no data for an idiotic statement you continue to try to defend with irrelevancies: Americans do not want EVs.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:18:14 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: December 06, 2023, 08:05:41 PM »

Besides being an ideas man...bambu is also a "what if" man.

What if...one buys an EV, with the warranty on the battery usually being 100,000 miles, ...and the battery fails at 150.000 miles?
The cost to replace the battery is from $4,000 tp $20,000 depending on car make and model.

Do what Ice-T says, get Carshield!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 12:24:31 AM by LarryB! »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: December 06, 2023, 08:28:31 PM »

Heh. I did provide data supporting increased sales, the definition of wanting a product. It is you, Capitalism incarnate, who has provided no data for an idiotic statement you continue to try to defend with irrelevancies: Americans do not want EVs.
When the largest carmakers pull back on EV production that is data. 
When car dealers are complaining of growing EV s sitting unsold that is data.
You can choose to ignore at your own peril.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:30:47 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: December 06, 2023, 08:32:43 PM »

When sales increase that too is data.

"My own peril"?  You sure can turn a phrase!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:44:19 PM by Yankguy1 »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: December 06, 2023, 08:44:51 PM »

When sales increase that too is data.
Sure
But if i had  100 copies of a book you wrote in my bookstore and sold 10 the first week and 3 the next sales would increase.
But I would not be ordering more on that data.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: December 06, 2023, 08:54:49 PM »

Given how much Red usually likes polls, it's amusing how he tiptoed around the Pew Research poll I posted. And the Consumer Reports data, as well.  Perhaps he was too occupied with tutoring Yankguy on capitalism, based on his eminence as an economist.   

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/why-electric-cars-may-soon-flood-the-us-market-a9006292675/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/07/13/how-americans-view-electric-vehicles/

4 in 10 Americans are planning to buy an EV at some point.  That's a pretty big market.  And the percentage is higher among younger drivers.  Sensing a trend there...
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: December 06, 2023, 08:56:39 PM »

That analogy would work if you sold 10 the first week and 15 the next week.  Your analogy suggests that sales are decreasing from the previous time period.  That's incorrect.

EV sales are increasing at a similar rate.  That companies don't think it's enough is a business determination (one made by the always infallible car companies), that there's not enough demand for the product to make it profitable to produce, not a determination that "Americans don't want EVS" which again is the statement that you are trying to defend.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: December 06, 2023, 08:59:29 PM »

But don't buy an EV.  That's fine with me.  If you continue to want to buy cars that run on gasoline, I have no interest in preventing you from doing so. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: December 06, 2023, 09:34:41 PM »

That analogy would work if you sold 10 the first week and 15 the next week.  Your analogy suggests that sales are decreasing from the previous time period.  That's incorrect.

EV sales are increasing at a similar rate.  That companies don't think it's enough is a business determination (one made by the always infallible car companies), that there's not enough demand for the product to make it profitable to produce, not a determination that "Americans don't want EVS" which again is the statement that you are trying to defend.
No.
If I sold any books the second weeks sales would have an aggregate gain over zero.
The fact that major car manufactures are pulling back production of EVs  and charging stations are not being built despite massive amounts of government aid is proof that Americans in Toto are not buying EVs.

Why you would argue the opposite is known only to you.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: December 06, 2023, 09:40:19 PM »

Americans want EVS. Keep trying and failing, IN TOTO, to prove otherwise.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: December 06, 2023, 10:25:25 PM »

Americans want EVS. Keep trying and failing, IN TOTO, to prove otherwise.

Then buy a Tesla.
But stop wasting taxpayer money on a niche market.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: December 06, 2023, 10:33:20 PM »

Red is constantly being run over by the tide of history these days.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: December 06, 2023, 11:53:15 PM »

Toyota has announced a new "water" engine.
See YouTube videos.
Bye bye EVs.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 566