Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119424 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6750 on: December 08, 2023, 01:06:57 AM »

I do not understand why we have not educated our people better. And I loved school, I loved my teachers, and I loved the beautiful women, and I enjoy learning and growing. We need for the young men to appreciate getting an education, you cannot just get by as a coal miner anymore, and also an education is great. They can drink wine and they can discuss Euclidean Geometry, etc. And Poetry, and Theatre, etc. And film, and music, etc.

Bambu, watch the movie "Summer Lovers" with Daryl Hannah, we can build that same housing in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and we could have swimming pools and tennis courts, and libraries, and movie theatres, etc, etc, etc. We can have a Commune in Battle Mountain that can be like Greece out in the middle of Nevada on the Cowboy Highway.

Education is fun. Science is fun. Space exploration is fun, high speed trains are fun, electric cars are fun. Jet planes are fun. Philosophy is fun. Etc. They can study everything in Kentucky, and in Arkansas, and in Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Also, Playboy Magazine needs to bring in some great young geniuses from National Lampoon at Harvard and they need to save Playboy, and Universal can buy Playboy and they can bring back the Playboy Channel, and one new series for the Playboy Channel can be the Slocum Westerns by Jake Logan, Hef loved the Slocum Westerns, they are Westerns with hot beautiful women, so the Slocum Westerns can be made at Universal and the series can be shown on the new Playboy Channel that can be made at Universal Studios here in Hollywood, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Euclidean geometry"?
Yikes.
That sounds like one step down from "rocket science".

I was flying at school, until I was 12, ...until I hit high school.
In the first three years HS was OK, there was an exam "Intermediate Certificate" end of the third year. And 15, I passed (about 70% in every subject).
You were given a Certficate.
Then, you could legally leave school...which the future mrs bambu did, in a very rural area. Moved to the big city to attend "Business college"...shorthand/typing/ basic bookwork-accounting/receptionist/telephonist.
Like Dolly and the gals in the movie '9 to 5'.

Most of the boys in my all-boys high school were 13 going on 7 when they hit high school, and 18 going on 10 when they left.
'Mommy's boys'...no idea much about girls, no idea much about the rest of the world, certainly not much idea about life beyond school, or the workforce.
You did what your parents told you, "seen but not heard" most of the time.

Boys whose parents were wealthy enough to send them to private schools received a much better education, were absolutely better prepared for life, and did better in the workforce and "business" than those who attended public govt schools.

There should be basic HS education so every student graduates after 3 or 4 years, ("high school failure" is no recipe for prospective workforce success), then another 2 years for those wishing to be educated to a higher standard,  and/or attend university.
A Masters in Russian Literature has limited employment potential, seems to me.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 01:09:58 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 08, 2023, 01:31:37 AM »

You seem to be a degenerate idiot with a closed and tiny mind incapable of grasping most of what is going on around him. Now that you tell your story, it seems like a very natural progression as to how you have fallen and let yourself get so far behind. Best of luck to you and absolutely no nukes
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 08, 2023, 02:08:17 AM »

You seem to be a degenerate idiot with a closed and tiny mind incapable of grasping most of what is going on around him. Now that you tell your story, it seems like a very natural progression as to how you have fallen and let yourself get so far behind. Best of luck to you and absolutely no nukes

LOL

No computers, no cell phones, only "Sammy Sparrow" and "Sea Hound" on the radio, and "I Love Lucy in black and white on the tv [if your family could afford a tv].

I did well, all things considered.
The farm girl taught me what school didn't. Her father and brother taught me to shoot, avoid snakes, gun safety, and all about life beyond the city.

If the boys had been taught 'survival skills', 'life skills', 'cooking', 'self-reliance' instead of having to study the 'lunacy' of Shakepeare, we would no doubt have left HS with a much better chance of coping with the delights and horrors of the workforce.

I was not alone.
Back in those days only 20% of students attended a university. The rest found jobs in the fed and state govt public services, insurance companies, companies, the DMV etc. Others left at age 15 and became trades apprentices.

Married women were not allowed to work [in banks, govt offices, local councils etc.]
The man's salary was sufficient to support a wife and family.
Unemployment was very low.
Life was simple.
Married men often worked part-time in pubs, clubs etc to supplement their income.
Homelessness was very rare, and shelters were sufficient in number to provide for those who were homeless/struggling.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 08, 2023, 02:16:31 AM »

There is a YouTube video;

'Christmas in Australia'  ........ From the Film Australia Collection. Made by The Commonwealth Film Unit 1958

I was age 12 then.

It shows exactly what life was like then.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 08, 2023, 08:56:03 AM »

"Euclidean geometry"?
Yikes.
Euclidean Geometry is the easy part.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 08, 2023, 10:19:59 AM »

"Euclidean geometry"?
Yikes.

For someone who had trouble with isosceles triangles, ...that geometry would've been a step too far.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 03:06:11 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 08, 2023, 02:49:39 PM »

Columbus used Euclidean Geometry when he sailed in 1492, and also we used Euclidean Geometry when we sent men to the Moon, etc.

I had a Professor for Euclidean Geometry who was a Magician at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, Professor Thompson, he was great. It was a fun class.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 08, 2023, 02:51:55 PM »

I sent a message to Pope Francis, there is a lot more that the Church can be doing to help Christians.

The Church needs to create more services for Christians so that we can help each other, there needs to be Christian Employment Services where Christians can go to hire other Christians and where Christians can go to find a job. There also needs to be Christian Dating Services where Single Christians can go to find a mate. And there needs to be Christian Real Estate Offices where Christians can go to rent a home from other Christians, and where Christians can go to rent their properties to good Christians, etc. We need more Services for Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:53:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 08, 2023, 03:21:59 PM »

"Euclidean geometry"?
Yikes.

Easy as π.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 08, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »

Oz PM 'Albo', tanking fast in the polls...

Daily Telegraph
Today:

"Anthony Albanese reins in migrant numbers to ease housing, cost of living crises."

#####

Well there you go,
A good message for Joe.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 08, 2023, 03:51:30 PM »

I had a neighbor who spent his life doing charity work, and he said that the best way to make money is to learn how to profit from the buying and selling of foreign currencies.

The Dude was cool, he used to go out to Lancaster and buy a truck load of watermelons straight from the farmer for cheap and then he passed out the watermelons to my neighborhood for free here in Anaheim.

He retired by making money from buying and selling foreign currencies, and he bought a ranch in Mexico and he went to live in Mexico. He told me to learn how to buy and sell foreign currencies for profit.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: December 08, 2023, 04:04:33 PM »

I had a neighbor who spent his life doing charity work, and he said that the best way to make money is to learn how to profit from the buying and selling of foreign currencies.

The Dude was cool, he used to go out to Lancaster and buy a truck load of watermelons straight from the farmer for cheap and then he passed out the watermelons to my neighborhood for free here in Anaheim.

He retired by making money from buying and selling foreign currencies, and he bought a ranch in Mexico and he went to live in Mexico. He told me to learn how to buy and sell foreign currencies for profit.

Salute,

Tony V.

So what are you waiting for?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: December 08, 2023, 04:27:57 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

If it were easy and risk free, everyone would be doing it.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: December 08, 2023, 04:52:26 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

If it were easy and risk free, everyone would be doing it.

My friend had wealthy friends who taught him how to profit from trading currencies.

I learned a little when I went to France, I got 7 French Francs from every 1 U.S. Dollar, back in 2000, and I lived like a King in Cannes, I had a hotel room with a view of the Mediterranean Sea, I bought wine for everyone at a restaurant at dinner one night, I lived great, the strong U.S. Dollar at the time was really fun in Cannes with the weak French Franc.

Learning how to profit from trading currencies is something his wealthy friends taught him how to do.

Salute,

Tony V.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: December 08, 2023, 10:00:34 PM »

RIP Ryan ONeal, who definitely competed with Joan Crawford for the Worst Parent in Showbiz title.  I liked his stint as Tempe's father on Bones.  He seemed to draw from his own personal life when showing Brennan's father reflecting painfully on his parenting and general peccadillos in youth.

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 566