Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119430 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6765 on: December 09, 2023, 02:07:33 AM »

That safest large county is Ventura County, where the crime rate in 2022 was recorded as the lowest in its history. San Diego County ranked second, with Orange County rounding out the top three. "This doesn't happen by accident," Ventura County District Attorney Erik Nasarenko said in a statement. 1 day ago

---------

Anaheim is nice, but we could do more to make it nicer. We need to plant more trees and plants and flowers and we need to improve the public landscaping, and we need to have fountains, and cobblestones, like Rome. Our city is rich, we can hire and pay the homeless people to work on public landscaping, etc. And Anaheim needs hostels with a shower and a bed for $15 per night, and I support Sober Living homes for $150 per week. We also need a movie studio like Occidental in East Hollywood with movie equipment rentals, etc. And we have a new program at Fullerton Community College where they train people for jobs at Disney and that is fantastic. Disney also needs to hire people from Chapman film school, etc. We need to be active in good ways. But, meanwhile we are the 3rd best county in California here in Orange County.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: December 09, 2023, 05:53:40 AM »

RIP Ryan ONeal, who definitely competed with Joan Crawford for the Worst Parent in Showbiz title.  I liked his stint as Tempe's father on Bones.  He seemed to draw from his own personal life when showing Brennan's father reflecting painfully on his parenting and general peccadillos in youth.

I really liked that story arc!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: December 09, 2023, 11:14:09 AM »

Yep.

Meanwhile, for the GOP, cruelty is still a feature not a bug.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-abortion-roe-568c09dc8794c341095189362ece9004

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: December 09, 2023, 11:49:23 AM »

Yep.

The republican party is about ending the rule of law, mother killing, and supporting mass shootings.

If these things are important to you you will vote against economic prosperity, national security and the American worker to put trump back in power.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: December 09, 2023, 02:42:47 PM »

Yep.

The republican party is about ending the rule of law, mother killing, and supporting mass shootings.

If these things are important to you you will vote against economic prosperity, national security and the American worker to put trump back in power.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: December 09, 2023, 03:59:34 PM »

Yep.

Hogwash.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: December 09, 2023, 06:10:39 PM »

The World Bank reported that Egypt has the worst food cost inflation in the world right now at 35% and now they are flooded with refugees from Gaza, and from Syria, etc. They seriously need to grow their own food in Egypt and in the region, like Israel does. All of the refugees from Gaza can be put to work as farm workers in Egypt, etc.

And Afghanistan can grow food instead of opium poppies, they can grow legitimate crops.

I am so grateful to have local produce at affordable prices, we had inflation for a while but prices are coming back down.

I will write some more messages to the World Bank, but some people get offended, when I wrote about having Future Farmers programs to teach people how to farm, I was attacked as being condescending and they thought I acted like people are too stupid to farm, and I did not mean to offend anyone, I seriously want for there to be programs to teach people how to farm, like the Future Farmers of America, etc.

And the stupidest thing in the world is when people are forced to sit around and starve instead of being able to farm and grow food and have chickens for eggs, etc. People can even grow and eat the Prickly Pear Cactus, the Mexicans eat the cactus with scrambled eggs and with salsa and tortillas, and the Mexicans also make candy out of the cactus. We can teach people how to grow food and survive.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: December 10, 2023, 03:51:27 PM »

Manny Pacquiao

I strongly condemn China's recent actions in the West Philippine Sea. The Philippines will not stand down to China's bullying. We are a nation of courageous people, and we will stand up for what is right and what is ours. China should work for peace in the region. We have always been open to dialogue and diplomacy, but we will not tolerate any attempt to bully us into submission.

The Philippines remains open to diplomatic discussions aimed at finding a peaceful and lawful resolution to the disputes in the South China Sea. We hope that through sincere dialogue, we can achieve stability and harmony in the region for the benefit of all nations involved.

-------------

Bambu, it is all going to be okay, we can have peace, but we need to all be equals and we cannot be subordinates to China. Tell Australia to stand strong with the Philippines, and with Taiwan, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: December 10, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »

The World Bank reported that Egypt has the worst food cost inflation in the world right now at 35% and now they are flooded with refugees from Gaza, and from Syria, etc. They seriously need to grow their own food in Egypt and in the region, like Israel does. All of the refugees from Gaza can be put to work as farm workers in Egypt, etc.

And Afghanistan can grow food instead of opium poppies, they can grow legitimate crops.

I am so grateful to have local produce at affordable prices, we had inflation for a while but prices are coming back down.

I will write some more messages to the World Bank, but some people get offended, when I wrote about having Future Farmers programs to teach people how to farm, I was attacked as being condescending and they thought I acted like people are too stupid to farm, and I did not mean to offend anyone, I seriously want for there to be programs to teach people how to farm, like the Future Farmers of America, etc.

And the stupidest thing in the world is when people are forced to sit around and starve instead of being able to farm and grow food and have chickens for eggs, etc. People can even grow and eat the Prickly Pear Cactus, the Mexicans eat the cactus with scrambled eggs and with salsa and tortillas, and the Mexicans also make candy out of the cactus. We can teach people how to grow food and survive.

Salute,

Tony V.

Muslim countries are 'different'.
You live in the "Christian West'.
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: December 10, 2023, 05:56:31 PM »

The proposed Menorah Lighting today at the 2nd Sundays Art and Musical Festival in Williamsburg, Virginia did not happen.
Organizer Shirley Vermillion had this explanation

We couldnot approve the lighting because we did not want to make it seem like we were choosing a side,
supporting the killing/bombing of thousands of men, women and children.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:58:14 PM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: December 10, 2023, 07:26:30 PM »

Since WW2, reportedly, America has bombed 14% of the world.
Sometimes it's just what the good guys have to do.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: December 10, 2023, 08:06:16 PM »

Since WW2, reportedly, America has bombed 14% of the world.
Sometimes it's just what the good guys have to do.

You are making a stunning late career resurgence as the rictus death face of imperialism. Good job, mate. Mind you, mother said you are likely to freeze that way.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: December 10, 2023, 09:25:49 PM »

Leges sine moribus vanae.   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: December 10, 2023, 10:25:35 PM »

On my walk thru Paris France today (Youtube), I came across the Pantheon.
Lovely building, lovely monument.
While touring the building I encountered the Pantheon Crypt.
In said crypt, by chance, I stood before the last resting place of Alexandre Dumas, French Novelist and Playright..he of 'The Count of Monte Cristo' fame.
In my mind that was ok to do, just like standing respectfully at a graveside, and not 'grave-robbing'/disturbing the remains of the dead. Not holding up the heads of ancient Egyptians taken from coffins etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 10:28:30 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 566