Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119334 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6780 on: December 10, 2023, 10:49:47 PM »

Next to Alexandre Dumas lies Victor Hugo, former Senator of France and of 'Les Miserables' fame.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: December 11, 2023, 09:16:10 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: December 11, 2023, 10:00:48 PM »

Arkhouse Management, a real-estate focused investing firm, and Brigade Capital Management, a global asset manager, on Dec. 1 submitted a proposal to acquire the Macy's stock they don't already own for $21 a share. 1 hour ago

---------

Instead of unsuccessfully trying to buy the big retailers, then they should re-open the closed retailers which still have name recognition such as The Broadway Department Stores including reopening the one in Pasadena, California.

San Bernardino, California, also needs new retailers and new markets, etc.

And the Mexicans want to expand in the USA in the area of retail, they can expand in San Bernardino, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: December 11, 2023, 10:40:55 PM »

Retail in central San Francisco is slowly dying, according to a Youtube video.
VIdeo did a walking tour, empty once-retail space 'everywhere'.
Seems oeople are shopping online today.
Also, with the cost ot living so high, people could be cutting theiir non-essential spending.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: December 11, 2023, 11:01:21 PM »

The Chinese can help to save San Francisco, the China Town in San Francisco is vibrant. And the main thing is to clean things up and to get the homeless into housing, and then you make it nice for the customers, etc.

And wages are rising thanks to the workers having won several strikes recently, and thanks to raising minimum wages, etc.

Of note is that people love real stores, people love Toy Stores so Toys R Us is re-opening, the Toy Stores are coming back.

And the FYE stores are popular ( For Your Entertainment ). And music stores are coming back, etc.

We also need to bring back surfing and then we can sell them surf boards, etc, and skateboards, etc, and we can sell them roller skates, etc, just like the old days.

Sober Living Homes are needed for $150 per week, and Hostels for $15 per night for a shower and bed. The Chinese women in San Francisco can open Hostels and Sober Living Homes for the homeless, etc.

And we can bring in the Mexicans to expand trade and the Mexicans can have markets and retail stores. The Mexicans can also open Movie Theatres, etc, and Pinball Arcades, etc, and Bowling Alleys, etc.

Lots can be done to improve the situation in San Francisco and the Chinese and Mexicans can help.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:03:30 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: December 12, 2023, 12:16:28 AM »

"The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas needs to be made as a Mini Series for Netflix, it can be made at Cinecitta in Rome. And Rome is mentioned in the famous novel, as was my neighborhood mentioned where I lived on Via Urbana.

And I went to the Pantheon in Rome, it is by the United States Embassy, I put in a job application at the US Embassy in Rome, and then there is the Hard Rock Cafe there, and they have a McDonald's there, etc, I had a Big Mac there. It is funny, my Grandmother worked as a Car Hop at the Original McDonald's in San Bernardino, California, and then here I was eating a Big Mac in Rome. ( Also, I had Big Macs with Bruce Willis at the Arch in Saint Louis at the McDonald's in the Greyhound Bus Station, he was waiting for his Mercedes to be be delivered. )

I sent a headshot and resume to every Production Company that was in the Roman Yellow Pages in their Telephone book there. I would love to make movies in Italy.

In France, I went to Cannes for 3 days and I lived like a King, they gave me 7 French Francs for every 1 US Dollar so I had all kinds of money to have fun with. I would like to spend more time in France in the future, and I want to spend some time in Paris, etc, and I want to see Monaco, etc. And the Cannes Film Festival is fantastic and I would go every year if I could. I used to dream about dating Princess Charlotte Casiraghi, and I went to the same acting school as her Grandmother, Princess Grace Kelly Grimaldi. And they all do charity work. I am sure Princess Charlotte Casiraghi has some ideas on how to help in San Francisco. France is great, I want to spend more time in France.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: December 12, 2023, 10:36:16 PM »

Also, with the cost ot living so high, people could be cutting theiir non-essential spending.

According to a YouTube video, Australians have one leg and one tooth each and they walk around all day with their children stuffed up their rectums so the ugly little tots will not get lost and be eaten by large flightless birds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: December 13, 2023, 01:44:21 AM »

According to a YouTube video, Australians have one leg and one tooth each and they walk around all day with their children stuffed up their rectums so the ugly little tots will not get lost and be eaten by large flightless birds.

LOL

And everyone walks around bare feet, and some deadly snakes roll themselves up into hoops and roll down hills ...there being a special dance and jump people can do to avoid them...shown in a YouTube video.
Lots of useful info in YouTube videos.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: December 13, 2023, 03:14:05 AM »

I take the and to mean that you confirm what I learned from a YouTube video about your country. It goes some way to explain why you guys cannot get nukes.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: December 13, 2023, 04:31:26 AM »

I take the and to mean that you confirm what I learned from a YouTube video about your country. It goes some way to explain why you guys cannot get nukes.

It's a weird place...but dingo-cunning is invaluable everywhere when encountering it.
There was a movie "They're a weird mob."

We don't have nukes because we were suckers, ...gullible, fools who went around signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties while others stocked up on nukes.
France, US, Britain, India, Pakistan, Israel, soon Iran, Russia, China, Nth Korea.
Go woke, go broke.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: December 13, 2023, 10:17:43 AM »

Seems way more accurate than the video junk Bamboob is watching.

I saw one the other day showing how Australian national healthcare requires you be tossed from the top of Ayer's Rock on your 75th birthday.  Reminiscent of the Swedish Attestupa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%84ttestupa

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: December 13, 2023, 11:12:33 AM »

Seems way more accurate than the video junk Bamboob is watching.

I saw one the other day showing how Australian national healthcare requires you be tossed from the top of Ayer's Rock on your 75th birthday.  Reminiscent of the Swedish Attestupa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%84ttestupa

It was a better healthcare scheme before massive immigration overran the system.

It was sad when the British tourist fell to his death from Ayer's Rock/Uluru.
If it had not happened, Linda Chamberlain would likely still be rotting in prison, convicted of murdering her baby Azaria in the camp grounds at Uluru.
British tourist landed at a dingo lair. When retrieving his body rescuers discovered a baby's jacket, exactly the same as the one Lindy said Azaria was wearing when taken from the tent by a dingo.

Divine providence strikes again.
Linda was released from prison.

Her original trial was a joke.
The forensic evidence was a joke, the supposed blood in the floor of the car turned out to be rust paint.
Trial by media, she a Seventh Day Adventist.
Her husband had a black coffin in their garage (church play prop)...everything from "Satanists, voodoo, evil spirits, witch' etc were being tossed around.
The lynch mobs in western movies had nothing on the noose waving mobs at her trial.

Anyway, valuable lessons were learnt by a lot of people.

No more camping allowed at Uluru...and no more climbing the Rock allowed.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: December 13, 2023, 12:12:35 PM »

COP 28 seems to have had a awakening!

That a transition away from fossil fuels and to renewables is needed.

Transition...they didn't say "sensible transition", but that's what's required.

America seems to have decided that having the majority of electric cars on its roads made in China in not a good idea for America's welfare.
China is blowing up deluxe about its electric vehicles being 'rejected' by America, claiming it is unfair trade or something.

Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: December 13, 2023, 02:09:40 PM »

Brick and mortar retailers are suffering due to internet vendors. No gas and easy returns. No covid in home shopping.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 566