Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119368 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6900 on: December 20, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »

Hectoring Red is the best Red.
So take up your complaints with Biden and Austin.  I am on their side.
You are not?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: December 20, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »

On January 10, 2024, the Government of Brazil (GOB) will reinstate a visa requirement for all U.S. nationals visiting Brazil, with an option for an e-visa for qualified applicants. Please share this information with family, friends, and colleagues who are planning to visit. Dec 13, 2023

-----------

It is getting harder to travel. There are issues now with people who owe money on child support being able to travel, and also convicted criminals may have problems traveling, etc. And Brazil might keep gangster rappers out of Brazil, etc. It is interesting that Brazil wants to vet American travelers now.

I can still go to France, and Italy, without getting a visa in advance, I can just show up and spend 3 months in Rome without any forms, just with my Passport, and I can go to the Cannes Film Festival, etc. I want to go spend some time in Paris too.

I think we should send a diplomat to Brazil to try to work to prevent the requirement of a visa to travel to Brazil, I prefer freedom.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: December 20, 2023, 07:30:42 PM »

Mike Godwin weighs in, on the original intent of his famous law of Internet discourse, and on why Hitler comparisons are not hyperbole when it comes to TFG.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/12/20/godwins-law-trump-hitler-comparisons/

PW free:   

https://archive.is/eFCpf
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: December 20, 2023, 07:33:33 PM »

Warner Brothers and Paramount want to merge...

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/warner-bros-discovery-paramount-merger-talks-1235847958/

I vote NO.

Anti-trust / Anti-monopoly / Fair Trade rules need to apply.

I also do not like for the Japanese to own our studios.

And if I was going to do some merging, I would have Universal buy Playboy and I would make television shows for the Playboy Channel, etc, including making the Slocum Westerns as a series for the Playboy Channel, etc. And I would hire some young geniuses from National Lampoon at Harvard to save Playboy Magazine.

If I was rich like Carlos Slim, then I would buy Universal Studios and then I would have Universal buy Playboy and re-start the Playboy Channel.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 07:35:19 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: December 20, 2023, 07:46:11 PM »

Disney is getting involved with Sports Gambling, with ESPN, etc.

Universal might as well buy Playboy and bring back the Playboy Channel for adults, along with saving the magazine with the help of some geniuses from National Lampoon.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: December 20, 2023, 09:25:55 PM »

Youtube;

Houthis Warn To Turn Red Sea Into 'Graveyard' Over U.S.-led Naval Task Force; Attack Another Ship
Todaus top stories:.Cowardly Man Wets Self Over Grandiose Threat, Demands Nukes. Man Dog Confrontation Results in Mild Discomfort. But first, in today's weather, the sky's current blue condition is.expected to last through the New Year.

Just to be clear as you make light of....
Just to be clear i am making light of bambu's panicked, chicken little, sphincter clutching response to every security threat ever.

LOL

Seems the Pentagon is also panicking...it's reportedly going to give Joe authority for a "big hit" on the Houthis.
USS Carney is being fired upon...that'd be enough for me, I'd be turning the home of the Houthis into ash.
Well, bomb their ability to make war first, and see what result that brought.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 09:29:37 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: December 20, 2023, 09:40:50 PM »

Joe gives the pentagon authority. No one would give any authority to you. You are a fucking maniac.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: December 20, 2023, 09:59:43 PM »

There is a song "In the Ghetto" by Elvis, and it always made me cry as a kid, the song touches me, and the world has changed and we no longer have to tolerate horrible conditions in our ghettos, we can build libraries, and schools, and coffee shops, and we can give everything a fresh coat of paint, etc, we can clean things up in the ghettos, and we can reach the children when they are young and we can save the children, they can have good lives.

We need for Biden and Harris to help the people in our ghettos, and we need to erase the ghettos and transform the areas. And we can bring in the Mexicans and the Chinese and the refugees from Ukraine, and from Russia, and we can wash everything and give the ghettos a fresh new coat of paint, etc.

And we are growing lots of fresh winter vegetables now for the people in the ghettos, we can send them good fresh healthy food from Arizona, etc, there can be lots of spinach for the people in the ghettos, etc.

Of note too, we have poor homeless people who know how to read and write who could help to teach other people how to read and write, we can pay the homeless people to teach other people how to read and write, etc.

And we can give the ghettos redevelopment money, etc, and business loans, etc.

America will be kinder and gentler if we can transform our ghettos.

And of course we need to build schools and libraries in the poorest parts of Kentucky, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: December 20, 2023, 10:18:40 PM »

You are not?
Adding hectoring to the list
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: December 21, 2023, 03:10:56 AM »

Joe gives the pentagon authority. No one would give any authority to you. You are a fucking maniac.

Anyway, looks like US is gonna big-whack the Houthis.
It's really  the only way to stop them.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: December 21, 2023, 04:15:36 AM »

Sky News:

'China celebrates Australia's decision not to send a warship to Red Sea".
No surprise.

This no suitable ship debacle is a national embarrassment.
The People have red faces and believe that the US could be seriously offended that its request has not been met, and give Australia a big miss now.

And right on Christmas too.

PS:

The People's already red faces of embarrassment turned bright red when their Leftist Defence Minister, with a straight face said :
"We won't be sending a warship to the Red Sea, but will be tripling our military personnel, from 5 to 16 (in the office in Bahrain)."

Pity we didn't have the nuke powered subs yet.
We could've loaded them up with missiles and blown up Houthi land for the cause.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:28:48 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: December 21, 2023, 08:03:34 AM »

You are not?
Adding hectoring to the list

Good for you.
Curing  your fear of definitions phobia starts with admitting you have a problem.
Dial
1 MIS USE WORD
for help 24/7.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: December 21, 2023, 08:08:58 AM »

Please do not be ashamed of your limited vocabulary.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: December 21, 2023, 08:14:31 AM »

lol!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: December 21, 2023, 08:35:24 AM »

lol!
That is better. Go with what you know.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 566