Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119409 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7110 on: January 15, 2024, 08:13:13 PM »

Before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 people could say "Help Wanted, Blacks need not apply." But after the Equal Opportunity Act then people cannot say that. At NASA the Blacks have the same opportunities as anyone else under the law. It does not mean you are going to be able to achieve success without hard work, it just means that they cannot block you based on race.

The same with my apartment complex, they cannot say "Apartment for rent, no Blacks allowed," after the Civil Rights Act of 1968 then we all have the right to rent that available apartment. They cannot make you be homeless because you are Black, or Irish, or Palestinian, or Jewish, or whatever.

Our Civil Rights Acts of 1964, and 1968, make America a better and more just place.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 08:15:47 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: January 15, 2024, 09:30:16 PM »

Well lets compare my failure to your grand achievements:
(...)
Yes, I know you cannot judge a life by such material things...

So why mention them, and in such detail?

This sort of whipping out a tape measure stuff, especially with someone you claim bored you to tears and whom you want to ignore, is baffling and seems manifestly not worth your time.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: January 15, 2024, 10:10:15 PM »

I find no joy in personal attacks, and you do not see me on here attacking the people here.

And we have 50,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles alone, if one has a home then one is one of the lucky ones.

I could never serve in the military, and I could never be a cop, because I am Color Blind, and I cannot see the color of the clothing and of the cars. I have a disability that prevents me from being able to serve in the military.

And in a world that runs on nepotism I am unfortunate to have had my Father die when I was 9 years old, and my Grandfather died when I was a baby, I was raised by poor widows, and I worked 12 hours a day at 10 years old washing dogs for my Grandmother who was forced to work as a Dog Groomer, we worked very hard for 12 hours a day, and she refused to accept welfare. My uncles were criminals who sold drugs and who did time in prison, I tried to help my one uncle and he ended up committing suicide here in my apartment. I was never a drug dealer, and I tried my best to make an honest living.

I never succeeded, but the streets are full of homeless people who never succeeded, it does not make me a bad person. And there are many people who are wealthy who are scum, so you just never know.

Anyhow, I am not going to get into personal attacks. And I never claimed to be anything that I am not.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: January 15, 2024, 10:11:58 PM »

You have an equal shot at being QB for the Rams?

You are as mistaken about the concept of Equality as you are about everything you post.

You live in the world of your imagination; sorry, it is not the real world.

You are projecting your own failure as a human being onto me.

You live in an apartment complex (section 8 housing) and I live in a $500,000 + single family home with 2 Volvos and 3,000 sq.ft. No mortgage.

You have zero in Savings. I have $ 430,000 in 2 CDs earning 5%, a nice pension check and Soc. Sec. Check monthly.  And I will not mention my wife s income, since you have no wife except the one you imagine waiting for you in Rome at the pizzeria you will never have.

Yes, I know you cannot judge a life by such material things and I am a failure for telling you some truth about your postings here. But not to worry. Your posts drive me to tears and bore me to death. Somehow I will find the strength to ignore you again.

No salute for you, you never served.

Hey! You wanna adopt a new tax deduction?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: January 15, 2024, 11:48:17 PM »

No, you just insult people s intelligence with your naive and idiotic prescriptions about how we should improve the country and the world.  You may be the nicest person in the universe, but you do not know a damn thing about quote what we need to do unquote.

So long. Happy trails.

You are a sad little Troll is what you are. And you did nothing to enlighten us about your point of view on our Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1968 that people marched and worked hard to get and that Martin Luther King Jr helped to bring about. Today is Martin Luther King Jr day and he dedicated his life to improving Civil Rights, and instead of acknowledging that you attacked me with personal attacks, and then you keep going with your stupid shit.

You are a Troll.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: January 16, 2024, 12:29:24 AM »

No, you just insult people s intelligence with your naive and idiotic prescriptions about how we should improve the country and the world.  You may be the nicest person in the universe, but you do not know a damn thing about quote what we need to do unquote.

I beg to differ.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: January 16, 2024, 12:54:08 AM »

I beg to differ.

Thank you Bambu!

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: January 16, 2024, 01:02:18 AM »

(...)

This sort of whipping out a tape measure stuff, especially with someone you claim bored you to tears and whom you want to ignore, is baffling and seems manifestly not worth your time.

Nothing baffling really.  I just pity him for thinking his nonsense posted here could have any effect on making America better.  He is beyond help and not worth my time.  But someone needs to slap some sense into his head now and then.

You have to massage sense into his head. Slapping just feels like slapping.

Tony seems like a nice guy, extremely susceptible to the entertainment industry in ways that very rarely work out to an individuals benefit.

Several here do try to catch him up on developments of the last fifty years though very little of it seems to stick or alter his course.

Go gentle with our brother Tony, if only as a test of your own ability to push back with delicacy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: January 16, 2024, 04:05:52 AM »

Tony is working for good not evil.
His ideas, ...high speed train, shelter and support for the homeless, beautifying America and promoting tourism, ideas for promoting trade....peace, love and harmony in the world are good ones.

Never know who reads these forums, other forum sites...politicians are always looking for new ideas, and public opinion.

Slap Tony around?
No, ...eye damage can result from a slap. Death even. A person slapped could fall, topple, leaving the head exposed to damage.

One punch can kill.

Is Tony a "romantic", a "dreamer"?
Maybe, but that's not a crime.
In fact we could do with more "romantics" and "dreamers" in the word today.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: January 16, 2024, 09:11:40 AM »

Oh what will become of basically defenceless Australia?
It was revealed on Sky News last night that the extra few military personnel promised to the US instead of ships to fight the Houthis in the Red Sea haven't even been sent yet.
It was also revealed that 2 of the only several warships in Australia's fleet will have to be taken out of service...can't get enough personnel to sail them.
Ditto the army.
Seems no one much wants to join the military today.
No surprise to bambu-ilk, given the suicide and PTSD  statistics of young soldiers/sailors, and the war crimes allegations/impending trials (possible).
See the Taliban holding any war crimes trials?
See the Taliban charging any of their fighters with murder if ordered out on a night raid, and when fired upon from a house, seriously firing back at the house, killing the occupants including women and children?
No 1 radio host saved the troops involved from murder charges.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 09:23:12 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: January 16, 2024, 09:37:04 AM »

It was also revealed that 2 of the only several warships in Australia's fleet will have to be taken out of service...can't get enough personnel to sail them.
Ditto the army.
Seems no one much wants to join the military today.
You like dreamers? I dream of the day when that is universal.

See the Taliban charging any of their fighters with murder if ordered out on a night raid, and when fired upon from a house, seriously firing back at the house, killing the occupants including women and children?
So, your primary question on how civilized nations and their military should act is, "What would the Taliban do?" They are your standard of behavior? Interesting.
No 1 radio host saved the troops involved from murder charges.
Fuck your No. 2 No. 1 radio host.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: January 16, 2024, 11:14:30 AM »

(...)

Nothing baffling really.  I just pity him for thinking his nonsense posted here could have any effect on making America better.  He is beyond help and not worth my time.  But someone needs to slap some sense into his head now and then.

You have to massage sense into his head. Slapping just feels like slapping.

Tony seems like a nice guy, extremely susceptible to the entertainment industry in ways that very rarely work out to an individuals benefit.

Several here do try to catch him up on developments of the last fifty years though very little of it seems to stick or alter his course.

Go gentle with our brother Tony, if only as a test of your own ability to push back with delicacy.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: January 16, 2024, 12:25:06 PM »

I am not defending naive political views (after all, we come here and discuss to reduce naivete, no?), just saying that someone with a kind heart who doesn't disparage others in his posts is not really a threat to the overall dialog.  One reason Tony has such a profusion of ideas is that he retains an open mind - I think that deserves some respect.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: January 16, 2024, 12:56:33 PM »

I am not defending naive political views (after all, we come here and discuss to reduce naivete, no?), just saying that someone with a kind heart who doesn't disparage others in his posts is not really a threat to the overall dialog.  One reason Tony has such a profusion of ideas is that he retains an open mind - I think that deserves some respect.
Well, I seem to recall an overtly racist post about the people moving into Antelope Valley.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: January 16, 2024, 01:18:37 PM »

I feel like he moved away from that when challenged.  Maybe - I don't remember that chat well.   In any case, I've seen Tony somewhat modify his views after getting feedback, which is kind of refreshing. 

On a different topic, I was so annoyed that a Trump victory party would appropriate George Harrison s What is Life that I had to cleanse that wonderful song by watching this video, with two dancers from the SF Ballet... beautiful!

https://youtu.be/fiH9edd25Bc?si=b8hQU03TCitJoIWq

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 566