Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119459 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7200 on: January 21, 2024, 07:12:53 PM »

Gotta be careful giving one's heart and soul to politicians ... some will lead you over a 'cliff', you finishing up unemployed...or even in prison.

Imagine dating the Daughter of the President of China.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: January 21, 2024, 07:42:16 PM »

I wonder if the President of China was a fan of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans? Roy Rogers was a huge star next door in Mexico, and I was surprised to see that they were selling Roy Rogers movies at the local bodega, Roy was huge in Mexico. Maybe Roy Rogers was a star in China too.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: January 21, 2024, 07:55:34 PM »

I used Roy and Dale as my Character Reference when I rented my room in Malibu, the lady who owned the house was a huge fan of Roy and Dale and they were still alive at that time, and I had a roommate there who was a Daughter of a Chinese General. They all knew who Roy Rogers was.

I bet Roy Rogers was a huge star in China.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: January 21, 2024, 09:53:52 PM »

Those posts should contain a Trigger warning.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: January 21, 2024, 10:03:42 PM »

Gotta be careful giving one's heart and soul to politicians ... some will lead you over a 'cliff', you finishing up unemployed...or even in prison.

Salute,

Tony V.

Imagine.
Not for the faint hearted.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: January 21, 2024, 10:10:47 PM »

I used Roy and Dale as my Character Reference when I rented my room in Malibu, the lady who owned the house was a huge fan of Roy and Dale and they were still alive at that time, and I had a roommate there who was a Daughter of a Chinese General. They all knew who Roy Rogers was.

I bet Roy Rogers was a huge star in China.

Salute,

Tony V.

Life seemed a lot simpler when Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Sgt Preston of the Yukon, and The Rifleman were saving us from the bad people.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: January 22, 2024, 12:04:26 AM »

It was all fictional bullshit designed to entertain and pacify you. No surprise you found life in the pictures more your speed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: January 22, 2024, 12:26:35 PM »

It was all fictional bullshit designed to entertain and pacify you. No surprise you found life in the pictures more your speed.

He wanted a Harvard education but settled for American Westerns on TV.
And not even the good ones.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: January 22, 2024, 12:32:19 PM »

Those posts should contain a Trigger warning.
Well, I appreciated that.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: January 22, 2024, 12:33:03 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.
She would probably look like Winnie the Pooh, just like her dad.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: January 22, 2024, 03:37:44 PM »

He wanted a Harvard education but settled for American Westerns on TV.

Nah, he realised that he was not suited to university...which would've been just 'more school'.
The car accident turned 'flying' into 'slower'...blunted the 'sharp' edge. 'Sharp' would never appear again.
The 'flying' had an academic ceiling of 70%. You don't become a 'professional man' with grades of 70%.
'Slower' had an academic ceiling of 49%.
Missed by 'that' much.
Oh well, such is life.

A job was arranged...office work...'educated to HS graduation standard if not actually graduating' being acceptable enough to sit for the corporation's entrance exam.
Basic maths, 2 +2 = 4...and the ability to speak and write the Queen's english the requirements.
So 18 going on 12 yr old "mommy's boy" young bambu [he wasn't the only one like it] started in the "dog eat dog" workforce...like a lamb to the slaughter.

Prepare your children for life, ...life after school/college, and life in the workforce, so they'll be more ready than I was.

Special, serious, steel-mind preparation is needed before college...if college is anything like I see in the movies.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:01:27 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: January 22, 2024, 05:03:41 PM »

There is going to be a new homeless count done here, we will find out how well Mayor Bass has done, Bass has made helping the homeless her number one priority.

The rain could present some problems when the homeless count is done, but the count is going to happen even if it rains.

And I still have been suggesting cheap Hostels where people can shower and sleep, and also cheap Sober Living Homes, etc. The Wellness Centers and Mental Health Associations can send clients for the Sober Living Homes, etc. And people should be able to run Hostels and Sober Living Homes TAX FREE in order to inspire entrepreneurs to open and operate Hostels and Sober Living Homes.

And Bambu, you are doing fine Bro, and you have empathy and compassion for people, and you represent Australia well. There are poor people in Kentucky who do not even know how to read and write, they have been working in coal mines for generations and they cannot read and write, it is sad, we need to teach our people how to read and write. You are highly educated Bambu when compared to our poor people in Kentucky, etc. We need to send teachers to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:05:31 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: January 22, 2024, 05:10:27 PM »

There is going to be a new homeless count done here, we will find out how well Mayor Bass has done, Bass has made helping the homeless her number one priority.

The rain could present some problems when the homeless count is done, but the count is going to happen even if it rains.

And I still have been suggesting cheap Hostels where people can shower and sleep, and also cheap Sober Living Homes, etc. The Wellness Centers and Mental Health Associations can send clients for the Sober Living Homes, etc. And people should be able to run Hostels and Sober Living Homes TAX FREE in order to inspire entrepreneurs to open and operate Hostels and Sober Living Homes.

And Bambu, you are doing fine Bro, and you have empathy and compassion for people, and you represent Australia well. There are poor people in Kentucky who do not even know how to read and write, they have been working in coal mines for generations and they cannot read and write, it is sad, we need to teach our people how to read and write. You are highly educated Bambu when compared to our poor people in Kentucky, etc. We need to send teachers to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta watch out you don't get a flood of new homeless moving in from elsewhere/other states, seeking access to the new facilities.
Other states might be very 'persuasive".
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: January 22, 2024, 05:42:40 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta watch out you don't get a flood of new homeless moving in from elsewhere/other states, seeking access to the new facilities.
Other states might be very 'persuasive".

I like Christina Pascucci who is running for Congress, and I like Sabrina Cervantes who is a local politician who attended Harvard, and they are both Roman Catholic and they support Organized Labor, and Education, and Health Care, etc.

I am trying to get Shakira to sing the Elvis Presley song "In The Ghetto" to raise money for beautification projects in our ghettos, we can paint our ghettos bright cheerful colors, and we can build libraries, and coffee shops, etc, in our ghettos. I sent the idea on Facebook to Priscilla Presley and to Shakira.

I would love to help the people in all of our states, plus Latin America, etc.

And we MUST send teachers to Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc.

We can also use our Entertainment Industry to teach people, and to improve society. And we have the History Channel on television, etc.

Mentally ill people and homeless people from Kentucky are welcome here in California to live in our new facilities and to get help here, people from all of the states are welcome here in California. And our Wellness Centers and Mental Health Associations help ALL people, including people from Kentucky and from other states. And the people from New York love California, and a lot of the Jews from New York help to run our Entertainment Industry, etc. The United States must be UNITED and we must all work together as a team.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 567