Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119376 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7275 on: January 27, 2024, 07:08:54 PM »

Came out of the supermarket today, into the carpark...thought I'd died and gone to Heaven...Billy Ray was singing Achy Breaky Heart over the PA system!

It's always a great day when your hear Bill Ray singing that song.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: January 27, 2024, 10:03:50 PM »

Giorgia Meloni

As promised, we have passed today a legislative decree implementing the Treaty for the Third Age: it is a reform that we are proud of and that Italy has been waiting for for more than 20 years, just one step of a path that will continue throughout the Legislature.

With more than 1 billion euros in two years and the start of the experimentation of a universal benefit that will allow an increase of more than 200% the accompanying allowance for the most vulnerable and needy elderly, we are finally giving concrete answers to the needs of our over 14 million elderly, and who are not Self sufficient and their families.

The Government has been working since its settlement on a structural reform of policies in favour of the elderly aware that the elderly represent the history of this Nation.

I thank all the Ministers for the choral work that has been done which enables us to launch a new national governance of policies for the elderly.

----------

Italy is great, and it is good that they are compassionate and are helping their elderly.

As Baby Boomers age in the USA then we will need to provide more services for our elderly.

A good Role Model for our people to go by as they work to help our elderly would be for people to look at Leisure World in Laguna Beach, California, where the elderly drink champagne and eat strawberries by the swimming pool, and they can ride horses on the beach at night, it is a great place.

We can also train our immigrants to be nurses, and maids, etc, for our elderly. A lot of elderly need assistance with their living, and we can train our immigrants to be good assistants for our elderly. I had a maid from El Salvador and she was awesome, she was part of our family like Alice on the Brady Bunch. As soon as I can afford it I will hire another maid, it is nice to have maid service. And I would love for my Mother to be able to get helpers when she needs help as she ages.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: January 28, 2024, 12:03:46 AM »

In-N-Out will close its first location in its 75-year history due to a wave of crime that's affecting customers and employees alike at its only restaurant in Oakland.

STORY: http://tinyurl.com/3nfa2uj2

===========

Oakland, California, was bad the last time I was there. I went to a gas station in Oakland and a million homeless people surrounded me asking for money, millions of dirty homeless people begging for money. 

And you know it is bad when the restaurants close and leave.

They can learn from Homeboy Industries and from Father Boyle in Los Angeles, he could teach a lot to Oakland.

And then they need to clean things up and reduce crime and open cheap hostels and sober living homes to get the homeless people off of the streets.

Then they need to paint everything, clean up Oakland, and try to bring the businesses back.

Right now Oakland sucks.

Maybe the Chinese can help to save Oakland.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: January 28, 2024, 12:03:52 PM »

"Landslide in California suspends train service indefinitely".

#####

Charming way to start the new year.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: January 28, 2024, 12:28:24 PM »

Your disgusting coal addiction is becoming a big pain in the ass for everyone.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: January 28, 2024, 12:46:41 PM »

Came out of the supermarket today, into the carpark...thought I'd died and gone to Heaven...Billy Ray was singing Achy Breaky Heart over the PA system!

That's the one where he sings She's a witch of trouble in electric blue ?

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: January 28, 2024, 05:47:00 PM »

No.

I almost started dancing...almost.

One of the classics, song never gets old.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: January 29, 2024, 12:32:18 AM »

California removed the ban on Cruising, so right now Anaheim Blvd is full of low-riders and classic cars cruising, I guess Sunday night is a Cruise Night on Anaheim Blvd in Anaheim.

It reminds me of when I was a teen and we used to cruise Lancaster Blvd in the Antelope Valley, and Van Nuys Blvd, and we used to hang out at Balboa Park in Van Nuys, it was a lot of fun. Sunset Blvd in Hollywood was always fun too.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: January 29, 2024, 01:40:44 AM »

US troops killed in an attack on their base in Jordan.

Hamas official on my screen said "a warning to America, directly linked to the war in Gaza."

Joe said that he would "make those responsible pay".

Bibi said that ...after terrorists invaded Israel and slaughtered and kidnapped Israeli citizens...."will make them pay".
He's been condemned as...well, you know.

Unfortunately, the Hamas terrorists responsible are hiding in 500 miles of underground tunnels in Gaza.
Israeli troops are dying every day try to get them...it's very difficult.
Israeli air force is bombing facilities of Hamas terrorists in Gaza...civilians are dying, casualties of war, as in every other war when bombs are falling.

Hamas is still holding Israeli citizens hostage.

When are the South African, International Court of Justice and UN armies arriving in Gaza to relocate the Palestinian people from Gaza to safety and help get the Hamas terrorists and free the hostages?

On the twelfth of never is my guess, because...as explained by someone else in this forum, nobody wants to accept the Palestinians into their country for fear that Hamas terrorists could be among them.

Also, their troops would die, just as Israeli troops are dying.
It's a job that others are not prepared to do...but are quick to speak "restraint" and "genocide".

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: January 29, 2024, 02:23:57 AM »

The USA can send Israel some Bunker Buster Bombs.

Plus we have Satellites, we have an Eye in the Sky, we can see everything that they are doing in Gaza from space.

We can also send Israel some more Apache Helicopters, and we need to send them some Modified and up-graded F-104 Starfighters with vectored thrust to improve the steering and to help it to pull out of spins, etc, nothing can out-run a Modified F-104 Starfighter ( And they can use simple Sidewinder Missiles to be very effective ).

So far as the Children, Kiwanis International is Global and has operations in Egypt, Kiwanis will help the Children, Kiwanis can transport the children and their families to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai where the adults can become essential workers, etc. Kiwanis also has a camp for refugees in Victoria, Canada.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 02:28:04 AM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: January 29, 2024, 07:20:06 AM »

No.

Your taste in music is as wretched as your politics.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: January 29, 2024, 08:57:43 AM »

No.

Nothing wretched about:
Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, O.C. Smith, Dolly Parton, Del Shannon, John Denver, Seekers, Cilla Black, Dusty Springfield, Kenny Rogers, Slim Dusty, Beach Boys, Hot Chocolate

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: January 29, 2024, 09:17:10 AM »

I just dropped in to see what condition your condition was in. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: January 29, 2024, 11:11:04 AM »

No.

From someone named after a B film actor in a movie memorable only because of a Zither, LOL,
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 11:39:06 AM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: January 29, 2024, 12:17:45 PM »

No.

From someone named after a B film actor in a movie memorable only because of a Zither, LOL,
Liar.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 566