Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119340 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7395 on: February 05, 2024, 02:03:30 AM »

Six Day War 1967...

Israel responds to a build-up of Arab forces along its borders by launching a preemptive aerial attack against Egypt. Jordan subsequently entered the fray,...

#####

Now that would've been genocide/ethnic cleansing..."kill the Jews", "drive the Jews into the sea", "no more Jews".

The built up Arab forces were celebrating their impending victory, cheering footage on tv etc.

Israel, smarter than the partying Arab forces, sent up its jets while Egypt was having breakfast...and blew Egypt's air force to 'kingdom come'.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 02:09:57 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: February 05, 2024, 11:26:18 AM »

The build up of forces surrounding a border followed by bombardment and invasion constitutes ethnic cleansing in your view. That is straight forward and in accordance with international law. I think the ICC will use your definition when prosecuting Bibi for the war crimes he has so far committed against the Palestinians in the service of propping up his fading political career.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: February 05, 2024, 02:29:52 PM »

Man, Charles has not even had the chance to have anyone's head chopped off. Or have his own.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: February 05, 2024, 02:32:32 PM »

Let not poor Camilla starve!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: February 05, 2024, 03:46:24 PM »

Man, Charles has not even had the chance to have anyone's head chopped off. Or have his own.

He had prostate surgery.  So...close!

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: February 05, 2024, 03:58:50 PM »

He had prostate surgery.  So...close!

Not prostate cancer, they say.
They reportedly found another type of cancer...according to mrs bambu who has read all about it.
He's at the age, as am I... the Trumpster, every man over 75.
Yes, all waiting to die, it's just a matter of when.
More than one person in my complex of hundreds is living with cancer.
The flag flies at half-mast more often than is preferred.

Oh well, such is life.
No one lives forever.
Not the rich, not the poor, and everyone in between.

Long live the King.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: February 05, 2024, 04:05:17 PM »

The build up of forces surrounding a border followed by bombardment and invasion constitutes ethnic cleansing in your view. That is straight forward and in accordance with international law. I think the ICC will use your definition when prosecuting Bibi for the war crimes he has so far committed against the Palestinians in the service of propping up his fading political career.

Self defence is not ethnic cleansing/genocide.
US /allies fire-bombed Tokyo and nuked Japan...hundreds of thousands of civilians killed.
Self defence in a war that Japan started.

Same deal in Gaza today.
If Israel lets Hamas terrorists live, they will only kill more Israelis...as has clearly happened in the past.
All Hamas terrorists must be killed or taken prisoner by force, if they won't surrender.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: February 05, 2024, 04:07:11 PM »

US /allies fire-bombed Tokyo and nuked Japan...hundreds of thousands of civilians killed.

Same deal in Gaza today.
If Israel lets Hamas terrorists live, they will only kill more Israelis...as has clearly happened in the past.
All Hamas terrorists must be killed or taken prisoner by force, if they won't surrender.
Hamas considers its war on Israel self defense too.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: February 05, 2024, 04:39:47 PM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

Hamas considers a lot of things.
Not much wisdom in its thoughts though, obviously.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: February 05, 2024, 05:12:43 PM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

Not to you, but i suspect you do not see Palestinians as worthy of concern.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: February 05, 2024, 05:17:35 PM »

Same deal in Gaza today.
No, it does not.  Hamas has only one goal.  To destroy Israel.
Hamas is not doing well in a war that now has gone almost 4 months. The USA and Europe continue opposing a cease fire,  tha Arab States, minus Iran, still honor the Abraham accords.

Hamas atrocities in October were not acts of self defense.
How could they be?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:30:48 PM by jmmengel »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: February 05, 2024, 05:22:28 PM »

Israel was attacked, so they have every right to remove the enemy who attacked them. And then one hopes that people realize that attacking Israel has consequences and in the future they need to let Israel live in peace, so the whole area can have peace.

And the Arabs have used the Palestinians as a thorn in Israel's side forever, Arafat and Saddam used to pay Palestinian suicide bombers to blow themselves up at bus stops in Israel, etc, Israel made a lot of progress after the death of Arafat and Saddam, things were better, until the stupid missile attacks. Now the Palestinians get to reap the punishment for the missile attacks.

Truthfully the Palestinians have not had good lives in the region, they just live like refugees in poverty, while the Israelis have families and lives and while they grow eggplant the size of watermelons. Sending the Palestinians to be essential workers in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai would be a better life for the Palestinians than just suffering in poverty in Gaza. Or a home in the wilderness of Canada such as at the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, Canada, would be a step up for the Palestinians, just a peaceful life with a peaceful family and a regular job.

The world needs to keep working to have peace. With the United Nations, etc, we need to evolve and eliminate the wars.

And it makes me even more hopeful when the Daughter of the President of China, Xi Mingze, also known as Xiao Muzi, came here to the USA and studied at Harvard and received a degree from Harvard. This is wonderful that the young Chinese all love America, and it is great that they study here. I want peace, and trade, and teamwork for a better world, with China on our team. And China can buy food exports from California and from Mexico, we can help to feed the workers in China and it can help our farmers here. And meanwhile the Chinese are living here in Malibu, they love it here.

I want peace, and I want the hungry to be fed, and I want at least cheap hostels where the homeless can get a bed and shower for $15 per night, and Sober Living Homes are great for $450 per month, etc. And we need to build more Mental Health Associations, and Wellness Centers, etc. Xi Mingze studied Psychology at Harvard, so she might be able to help on the issue of Mental Health. Natalie Portman has a Degree from Harvard in Psychology as well, Natalie was born in Israel, but she soon came to New York where she was quickly discovered as an actress, maybe Natalie Portman can help on Mental Health issues, and also with issues pertaining to Israel. Maybe Xi Mingze can team up with Natalie Portman as friends here in Malibu and maybe they can do things to help people.

And we need to improve the image and the expectations in Mexico, and we need to make more movies like "Fun In Acapulco" which stars Elvis. Mexico needs to be a safe and fun place where people go on vacation, and where elders can retire to live on a peaceful beach. And lots of schools and libraries need to be built in Mexico, etc, and hospitals, and orphanages, etc.

And we have Youth For Christ to help to make the world a better place, and we have Kiwanis International, and we have the Peace Corps, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:35:22 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: February 05, 2024, 05:30:42 PM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

I do consider Palestinians worthy of concern, the loss of life is terrible.
Perhaps you can think of another way of defeating Hamas and freeing the hostages held in Gaza, other than what Israel is doing? [don't see any UN army arriving]

Hamas considered its attacks on Israel Oct 7 as wise.
Hamas and those who cheer for them, were severely misguided, totally crazy if you like.
Look what those attacks on Israel have led to.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:36:37 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: February 06, 2024, 07:00:39 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

I do consider Palestinians worthy of concern, the loss of life is terrible.
Perhaps you can think of another way of defeating Hamas and freeing the hostages held in Gaza, other than what Israel is doing? [don't see any UN army arriving]

Hamas considered its attacks on Israel Oct 7 as wise.
Hamas and those who cheer for them, were severely misguided, totally crazy if you like.
Look what those attacks on Israel have led to.

Not crazy, just misguided by their leaders.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 566