Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119365 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7410 on: February 06, 2024, 07:12:53 AM »

The build up of forces surrounding a border followed by bombardment and invasion constitutes ethnic cleansing in your view. That is straight forward and in accordance with international law. I think the ICC will use your definition when prosecuting Bibi for the war crimes he has so far committed against the Palestinians in the service of propping up his fading political career.

Self defence is not ethnic cleansing/genocide.
US /allies fire-bombed Tokyo and nuked Japan...hundreds of thousands of civilians killed.
Self defence in a war that Japan started.

Same deal in Gaza today.
If Israel lets Hamas terrorists live, they will only kill more Israelis...as has clearly happened in the past.
All Hamas terrorists must be killed or taken prisoner by force, if they won't surrender.
Hamas considers its war on Israel self defense too.

Hamas considers a lot of things.
Not much wisdom in its thoughts though, obviously.
Not to you, but i suspect you do not see Palestinians as worthy of concern.

I do consider Palestinians worthy of concern, the loss of life is terrible.
Perhaps you can think of another way of defeating Hamas and freeing the hostages held in Gaza, other than what Israel is doing? [don't see any UN army arriving]

Hamas considered its attacks on Israel Oct 7 as wise.
Hamas and those who cheer for them, were severely misguided, totally crazy if you like.
Look what those attacks on Israel have led to.
You continue to view 10/7 in a vacuum, as a stand alone incident. It is not. One thing that Israel's current campaign will never result in is an end to their security issues with Palestinians in Gaza. They are making warriors out of nearly everyone they leave behind.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: February 06, 2024, 09:49:00 AM »

The build up of forces surrounding a border followed by bombardment and invasion constitutes ethnic cleansing in your view. That is straight forward and in accordance with international law. I think the ICC will use your definition when prosecuting Bibi for the war crimes he has so far committed against the Palestinians in the service of propping up his fading political career.

US /allies fire-bombed Tokyo and nuked Japan...hundreds of thousands of civilians killed.

Same deal in Gaza today.
If Israel lets Hamas terrorists live, they will only kill more Israelis...as has clearly happened in the past.
All Hamas terrorists must be killed or taken prisoner by force, if they won't surrender.

Perhaps you can think of another way of defeating Hamas and freeing the hostages held in Gaza, other than what Israel is doing? [don't see any UN army arriving]

Hamas and those who cheer for them, were severely misguided, totally crazy if you like.
You continue to view 10/7 in a vacuum, as a stand alone incident. It is not. One thing that Israel's current campaign will never result in is an end to their security issues with Palestinians in Gaza. They are making warriors out of nearly everyone they leave behind.
Yeah, sure. The whole world sees the inherent evilness of Hamas( well except for Dearborn, Michigan)
and acts accordingly. Hamas uses  the Palestinians to curry sympathy and all it accomplishes is more dead Palestinians.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: February 06, 2024, 10:11:33 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

Yeah, sure. The whole world sees the inherent evilness of Hamas( well except for Dearborn, Michigan)
and acts accordingly. Hamas uses  the Palestinians to curry sympathy and all it accomplishes is more dead Palestinians.
And then more dead Israelis. And then more dead Palestinians. And then more dead Israelis. Amd then... even bambu should get the picture.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: February 06, 2024, 10:13:30 AM »

One thing that Israel current campaign will never result in is an end to their security issues with Palestinians in Gaza. They are making warriors out of nearly everyone they leave behind.

A causal reality which, if widely understood by all parties, could lead to real negotiations and a Palestinian state. 

Taking a break on posting on the topic of Mideast conflict.  We are kind of looping here, as coders call it. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: February 06, 2024, 10:16:56 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

And then more dead Israelis. And then more dead Palestinians. And then more dead Israelis. Amd then... even bambu should get the picture.
All Hamas has to do is raise a white flag and agree to live in peace with Israel. But that option has been on the table for over 75 years and the Arabs refuse.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: February 06, 2024, 10:37:43 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

All Hamas has to do is raise a white flag and agree to live in peace with Israel. But that option has been on the table for over 75 years and the Arabs refuse.
All Israel has to do is agree to cede political control over all of Palestine to the Palestinians. That is not happening either.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: February 06, 2024, 11:01:25 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

All Israel has to do is agree to cede political control over all of Palestine to the Palestinians. That is not happening either.
Duh!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: February 06, 2024, 11:42:59 AM »

Same deal in Gaza today.

Duh!
So, we agree that abject surrender by either side is not a feasible option.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: February 06, 2024, 11:59:29 AM »

The only solution can be reached by either Hamas accepting peace with Israel or Israel completely destroying Hamas.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 12:05:31 PM by jmmengel »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: February 06, 2024, 12:06:34 PM »

RIP
Toby Keith

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: February 06, 2024, 01:15:09 PM »

The only solution can be reached by either Hamas accepting peace with Israel or Israel completely destroying Hamas.
Israel will never completely destroy Hamas. I remember an old I guess pre meme meme with a Russian tank rolling over the word Solidarnosc, with the word reforming behind it, only larger. That is the most likely dynamic.

And of course, if you had asked Israel on October 6, the would have told you Hezbollah was a bigger concern. The underlying issue is not Hamas or Hezbollah. It is why those organizations exist.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: February 06, 2024, 01:18:33 PM »

The only solution can be reached by either the republican party accepting peace with the United States or the United States completely destroying the republican party.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: February 06, 2024, 01:45:56 PM »

Israel will never completely destroy Hamas. I remember an old I guess pre meme meme with a Russian tank rolling over the word Solidarnosc, with the word reforming behind it, only larger. That is the most likely dynamic.

And of course, if you had asked Israel on October 6, the would have told you Hezbollah was a bigger concern. The underlying issue is not Hamas or Hezbollah. It is why those organizations exist.
They exist to hate Jews.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: February 06, 2024, 02:14:44 PM »

They exist to hate Jews.
Enjoy perpetual war.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: February 06, 2024, 02:43:18 PM »

They exist to hate Jews.
Enjoy perpetual war.
That is the choice the Arabs make.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 566