Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119355 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7635 on: February 18, 2024, 01:38:37 PM »

RIP Navalny.  A light has gone out of the world in Russia. Am very sad to hear of this.

Wondering if Vladimir Kara-Murza is on the same horrible path now.

VKM disappeared from his prison near Omsk a couple weeks ago, so it seems likely he got the Arctic circle hellhole transfer that Navalny got in early December. Special regime colonies, they call them.

Both of them didn't 'read the room' very well.
You just can't go doing things like that in Russia and China.

They decided to disrupt the room. They are heroes and martyrs. Change does not happen by itself.
Some folks have the courage to stand up while others pull the cover over their heads while sucking their thumb.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: February 18, 2024, 01:48:32 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: February 18, 2024, 02:05:29 PM »

RIP Navalny.  A light has gone out of the world in Russia. Am very sad to hear of this.

VKM disappeared from his prison near Omsk a couple weeks ago, so it seems likely he got the Arctic circle hellhole transfer that Navalny got in early December. Special regime colonies, they call them.

They decided to disrupt the room. They are heroes and martyrs. Change does not happen by itself.
Some folks have the courage to stand up while others pull the cover over their heads while sucking their thumb.

They are dead.
Nothing in Russia will ever change while Putin is alive.
They gave up their lives for nothing.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: February 18, 2024, 02:14:18 PM »

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: February 18, 2024, 03:26:33 PM »

He had four pair and had to buy two of them himself to hit the number. The wanker boots are made from unliqidateable trump steaks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: February 18, 2024, 03:44:34 PM »

There was some speculation that trump would be running with the my pillow guy. Instead, as it turns out, trump is running as the my pillow guy. There is simply no accounting for taste when it comes to deranged minds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: February 18, 2024, 05:26:33 PM »

They are dead.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry 1775

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: February 18, 2024, 09:11:52 PM »

Today on Youtube, On America's Got Talent, I watched a chicken play  'America The Beautiful' on a keyboard, note perfect.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: February 18, 2024, 09:19:13 PM »

They are dead.

No.  Dissidents sometimes bring great change this way.  I recall a Judean dissident a while back...had quite an impact. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: February 18, 2024, 11:43:19 PM »

Today on Youtube, On America's Got Talent, I watched a chicken play  'America The Beautiful' on a keyboard, note perfect.

That sounds like the most productive and least harmful day you have made for your self in many years.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: February 19, 2024, 01:01:09 AM »

They are dead.

No.  Dissidents sometimes bring great change this way.  I recall a Judean dissident a while back...had quite an impact.

Yes, dissidents in Russia obviously are wasting their time and their lives.

But hey, if it's what people want to do, it's their time and their lives.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: February 19, 2024, 01:51:06 AM »

China now has the world's largest navy, and every 12 months adds "the whole British navy" capability to China's navy.

Review of Australia's navy has been completed.
The review has declared that said navy is 'inadequate'.
As a result, the planned building of 9 new frigates has been cancelled or severely cut back...as a "lighter and more deadly navy is now needed."

The AUKUS nuclear submarines will not now be starting to arrive in Australia until 2040.
I'll be 94 by then!
I need something now, so the rest of my life can be lived in safety.
My only hope is ANZUS alliance...the US ranked no1 in the most powerful military chart shown on my tv news tonite.

1. US
2. China
3. Russia
20. Australia...lower than a whole lot of countries, including Algeria and Bangladesh.
I'll be cheering for whichever US Presidential candidate is the most committed to ANZUS.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:43:03 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: February 19, 2024, 02:25:27 AM »

It is probably time to start talking about a partition of Australia among more responsible nations.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: February 19, 2024, 09:44:45 AM »

It is probably time to start talking about a partition of Australia among more responsible nations.

What Australia should be doing is making nuclear bombs itself.
Has the uranium etc, has the scientists.
Going around signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties was absolute folly.
Can't change the past...but certainly can change the the planned future.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 566