Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119467 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7650 on: February 19, 2024, 10:02:38 AM »

They are dead.
Nothing in Russia will ever change while Putin is alive.
They gave up their lives for nothing.

No.  Dissidents sometimes bring great change this way.  I recall a Judean dissident a while back...had quite an impact.

Yes, dissidents in Russia obviously are wasting their time and their lives.

But hey, if it's what people want to do, it's their time and their lives.

whooooshhhh
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: February 19, 2024, 10:11:46 AM »

They are dead.

No.  Dissidents sometimes bring great change this way.  I recall a Judean dissident a while back...had quite an impact.

. You are amazing.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: February 19, 2024, 12:12:07 PM »

They are dead.

. You are amazing.

Chinese Australian 'democracy blogger' / 'writer' / 'academic'  Yang Hengjun thought he'd take them on, he was sentenced to death by a Chinese court recently..."spying" charge.
Execution suspended for 2 years, conditional on good behaviour, might get life in prison instead.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:35:28 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: February 19, 2024, 12:17:32 PM »

"When you're alone, you can make any choice you want...but when someone loves you, you lose that right"  - Alice Paul (Iron Jawed Angels movie...19th Amendment)

Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: February 19, 2024, 02:58:07 PM »

I could put the people at Universal Studios to work on several projects, I have lots of ideas.

I have my script for "Echo, A Rock and Roll Tragedy" that I want to make. This project has been ready to make for over 20 years, and it would be nice to get the movie made.

Also, Beach Blanket Bingo movies could be made here in Malibu, and Fun in Acapulco movies could be made in Acapulco, etc.

They could do some Shakespeare, they could have Kenneth Branagh direct "King Lear" starring Robert DeNiro.

"The Count of Monte Cristo" can be made as a mini-series at Cinecitta in Rome, Italy.

Universal can buy the Playboy Channel and Playboy Magazine, now that Hef is gone, and Universal can save Playboy. Universal can hire young geniuses from National Lampoon at Harvard to write for Playboy Magazine, and they can bring in Barbi Benton to help and then for the Playboy Channel they can film the shows right on the Studio Lot at Universal Studios. One show that the Playboy Channel can have can be the Slocum Westerns, Hef loved the Slocum Westerns.

And I have ideas for a few television shows such as "Nocturnal" about a team of Color Blind people who rescue hostages at night under the cover of darkness. And a Western named "Progress" which is like a mix between Perry Mason and Clint Eastwood, it is about a Lawyer in the Wild West who is also a gunfighter. And I have some other ideas.

For Spielberg, he could make a movie about the Trail of Tears when the Cherokee were moved off their land to the reservation on the Trail of Tears.

For Ron Howard, he could make a movie about Lech Walesa, who was an unemployed electrician who helped Poland to get their freedom and he became the President of Poland.

And a great thing about ideas and imagination is that we can come up with new ideas all of the time. We could keep Universal busy.

I would love to have a Bungalow Office at Universal, and I have a lot of ideas.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: February 19, 2024, 08:04:29 PM »

I could put the people at Universal Studios to work on several projects, I have lots of ideas.

I have my script for "Echo, A Rock and Roll Tragedy" that I want to make....

While I would agree some of the criticism you got recently was too harsh, it does seem like this kind of post is more relevant to the Arts forums than this one.   This does seem more like a personal blog than you genuinely engaging with others in a discussion format.  JMO
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: February 19, 2024, 10:10:34 PM »

In the news they are talking about how young women dominate the world of influencers on Tik Toc and on Facebook, etc.

https://www.fohr.co/blog/7-stats-that-show-women-dominate-influencer-marketing

Entertainment which includes beautiful young women will succeed in the modern services economy where 54% of the income is from streaming services such as movies and television shows. And the Playboy Channel would be successful in the modern economy along with saving Playboy Magazine with talented young geniuses from National Lampoon from Harvard, and Barbi Benton could help to save Playboy.

And the Beach Blanket Bingo movies, and Fun in Acapulco movies, with fun and young beautiful women will succeed in today's economy.

Aaron Spelling always knew that hot women help to sell television shows, and the same is true in today's economy.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:12:06 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: February 19, 2024, 10:24:28 PM »

It is probably time to start talking about a partition of Australia among more responsible nations.

What Australia should be doing is making nuclear bombs itself.
Has the uranium etc, has the scientists.
Going around signing nuclear non-proliferation treaties was absolute folly.
Can't change the past...but certainly can change the the planned future.

We need peace. That is why we have the United Nations, and the CIA, is so that we can deal with problems early and we can keep the problems small so that we do not need nuclear bombs.

We need to make peace with China, and we have Muzi. We have Chinese Towers in Los Angeles that we need for Muzi to take charge of, and the towers can be completed with Mayor Bass working together as a team with Muzi, and workers from Habitat for Humanity and from Homeboy Industries and from Kiwanis International and from other groups can help to complete building the towers. Then the towers can be housing for Homeless Veterans, and for Homeless Senior Citizens, etc. We need to work together as a team with Muzi to complete the Towers and to help our Homeless People.

China can also be on our team on the issue of Putin. We need to find allies in Russia who we can support, such as our friends in the Russian Space Program, and in the Arts in Russia, and we need to remove Putin, with China on our team, and we need to put our allies in charge of Russia. We need to plan what success looks like, and then we need to remove Putin and put in our allies in charge of Russia.

We need peace.

And right now all of the Chinese young men are bedazzled by the beautiful young American women on Tik Toc who are all sending them videos.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:26:41 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: February 20, 2024, 12:23:51 AM »

I watched a video on Facebook about how the poor people live in Hong Kong, it is horrible. For the poor people from Hong Kong then the USA is PARADISE. Battle Mountain, Nevada, would be paradise for these poor people. And of course the Chinese have China Town in San Francisco, and in New York, and in Los Angeles, and in Las Vegas, etc.

We can also welcome the educated Asians to come to the USA to teach our poor people in Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc, 25% of the adults in Kentucky do not know how to read, the poor educated people from Hong Kong could come to the USA to help to teach our poor. And we need to build schools and libraries in our poor areas.

The coal mining jobs are not coming back, we need to educate the poor people in Kentucky, and we need to build schools and libraries in Kentucky, etc, and the Asian teachers can help.

And we have the rich people from Manila and from Catanduanes here helping in the USA, and from the other regions of the Philippines.

Instead of living in poverty in Hong Kong, the educated Asians could live good lives as teachers in Kentucky, etc. And even raising Pork in Battle Mountain, Nevada, or raising chickens for Tyson Foods in Arkansas, they would live better lives than being poor in Hong Kong.

America is for everyone, the Mexicans and Latin Americans are welcome here, and so are the Asians.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: February 20, 2024, 10:52:04 AM »

The Kansas City shootings: a Media dilemma

But predictably Joe Biden called for stricter gun laws!
None of these proposed controls harm hunters or others legitimately and responsibly using a gun.
Except of course it does.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:44:28 AM by jmmengel »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: February 20, 2024, 11:21:10 AM »

I watched a video on Facebook about how the poor people live in Hong Kong, it is horrible. For the poor people from Hong Kong then the USA is PARADISE. Battle Mountain, Nevada, would be paradise for these poor people. And of course the Chinese have China Town in San Francisco, and in New York, and in Los Angeles, and in Las Vegas, etc.

We can also welcome the educated Asians to come to the USA to teach our poor people in Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc, 25% of the adults in Kentucky do not know how to read, the poor educated people from Hong Kong could come to the USA to help to teach our poor. And we need to build schools and libraries in our poor areas.

The coal mining jobs are not coming back, we need to educate the poor people in Kentucky, and we need to build schools and libraries in Kentucky, etc, and the Asian teachers can help.

And we have the rich people from Manila and from Catanduanes here helping in the USA, and from the other regions of the Philippines.

Instead of living in poverty in Hong Kong, the educated Asians could live good lives as teachers in Kentucky, etc. And even raising Pork in Battle Mountain, Nevada, or raising chickens for Tyson Foods in Arkansas, they would live better lives than being poor in Hong Kong.

America is for everyone, the Mexicans and Latin Americans are welcome here, and so are the Asians.

Salute,

Tony V.

I recommend forming "US Goverment Manufacturng Corporation", USGMC...and start up manufacturing in Kentucky goods that are currently being made in China etc.

US built 300,000 planes in WW2.
...as well as, 193,000 artillery pieces, 86,000 tanks, and two million army trucks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:58:28 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: February 20, 2024, 02:42:36 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I recommend forming "US Goverment Manufacturng Corporation", USGMC...and start up manufacturing in Kentucky goods that are currently being made in China etc.

US built 300,000 planes in WW2.
...as well as, 193,000 artillery pieces, 86,000 tanks, and two million army trucks.

Right now Kentucky needs TEACHERS to teach the adults how to read and write, etc. And we need to build libraries and schools. And we need to be like Greece.

I would love for Kentucky to be like a Hallmark Movie made in Canada, where a beautiful young Asian woman comes to Kentucky, she plans to get wealthy working for a rich company in Kentucky, but she falls in love with a Gentleman who owns a small Toy Store in town, and she falls in love with the community in the small town, and instead of getting the job working for the rich company in the city she chooses to become a school teacher in Kentucky and she marries the Gentleman who owns the Toy Store and she stays humble and she finds love.

We need for Kentucky to be like a Hallmark movie. And the same with Battle Mountain, Nevada, it needs to be like a Hallmark movie.

And Arkansas has Tyson Foods, etc.

Tennessee has Vanderbilt University, and we have some good schools, we need to educate our people, and we need to teach the adults in Kentucky how to read, etc, and we need to build more schools and libraries, etc.

And I love Dolly Parton, she is a hero in Tennessee.

On the issue of Defense Equipment, we build the Submarines in Newport News, Virginia, and we build the fighter planes and bombers in the Antelope Valley in California.

Anyhow, I want for our small towns to be like a Hallmark movie, with good schools and a loving community for people.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: February 20, 2024, 03:56:10 PM »

It is all about a stiff enough wealth tax, Tony, and top margin income tax rates north of 70 percent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: February 20, 2024, 06:03:25 PM »

President George H. W. Bush wanted to have a kinder and more gentle America, and I agree with that, we need for America to be more like a Hallmark movie. We need to have educated and kind people who have empathy and compassion.

I was on Hollywood Blvd by where they film the Oscars, and by the Chinese Theatre, and I saw a homeless man crossing the street wearing bloody socks, his feet were bloody from walking without shoes, and a guy in a new Rolls Royce honked his horn and yelled for the man with bloody feet to get out of his way. I put it in a poem, and my poem is Rhetoric which intends to make the world a kinder more gentle place where we care about the homeless people.

In New York there was the movie "Midnight Cowboy" in which Dustin Hoffman won an Oscar for playing Ratso Rizzo, who was a homeless man who dies at the end of the movie, and the movie hopes to cause people to have sympathy and empathy and compassion for guys like Ratso Rizzo.

America needs Teachers, we need libraries and schools, and we need to have a kinder and more gentle America.

Even if people are not Christians and if they do not believe in Matthew 25; 31-46, then I hope people will be kinder and more gentle to each other as Americans. We need to crown the good with Brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

And we need to have cheap hostels where someone can take a nice hot shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night, there is no need for people to be brutally greedy and to force people to be homeless and wanting to charge $100 per night for a cheap motel room, we need to have cheap beds for people. And we need to have cheap Sober Living Homes for $450 per month. We need to have cheap places where the poor people can have some of the comforts of modern civilization. The USA is rich now, we are giving Billions of dollars to Ukraine and to others, and we need to take care of our own people here in the USA. We cannot allow guys like Ratso Rizzo to die poor.

In California we have Proposition 1 which is going to put the homeless Mentally Ill people and the homeless Veterans into housing, and which will provide Mental Health Professionals for people, so we are heading in the right direction. And Mayor Bass has been helping the homeless. We are becoming kinder and gentler.

We do not need to be the soldiers for the world, instead we need to be doctors, and teachers, and peacemakers, and we can prevent the wars.

In 100 years we went from the Wright Brothers first flight to putting Men on the Moon, and we are making tremendous leaps and bounds now with the new technology, and in the next 100 years it will be amazing what people will accomplish. We need to educate the people of our planet in the ways of peace and civilization and love. For me, I have Jesus, and Jesus is all about love, and I would love to live in a loving Christian world where we are all Brothers, but for the people who are not Christian then we still need to be Brothers as Americans. We need to be Brothers with the Jews, and with the Hindus, etc.

And we need to build schools instead of prisons, and we need to educate our children in the ways of healthy human civilization and peace and love. For the Christians we have the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule, and we need to educate the non-Christians in the ways of loving others and in the ways of treating others like you want to be treated.

Crime is getting worse and worse, and our streets are full of homeless drug addicts and criminals, but we are making progress with things such as Prop 1 which will help our homeless. We need to help the homeless, and we need to educate and train our people in the ways of healthy civilization and love.

And Colombia has made a lot of progress since the 1980s, the world is getting better. We are making progress, we just need to keep working in the right direction.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: February 20, 2024, 06:42:06 PM »

Mayor Bass is doing some fine things to promote affordable housing which are being taken up as best practices by cities all over the country.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 567