Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119332 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7665 on: February 20, 2024, 07:15:38 PM »

I watched a video on Facebook about how the poor people live in Hong Kong, it is horrible. For the poor people from Hong Kong then the USA is PARADISE. Battle Mountain, Nevada, would be paradise for these poor people. And of course the Chinese have China Town in San Francisco, and in New York, and in Los Angeles, and in Las Vegas, etc.

We can also welcome the educated Asians to come to the USA to teach our poor people in Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc, 25% of the adults in Kentucky do not know how to read, the poor educated people from Hong Kong could come to the USA to help to teach our poor. And we need to build schools and libraries in our poor areas.

The coal mining jobs are not coming back, we need to educate the poor people in Kentucky, and we need to build schools and libraries in Kentucky, etc, and the Asian teachers can help.

And we have the rich people from Manila and from Catanduanes here helping in the USA, and from the other regions of the Philippines.

Instead of living in poverty in Hong Kong, the educated Asians could live good lives as teachers in Kentucky, etc. And even raising Pork in Battle Mountain, Nevada, or raising chickens for Tyson Foods in Arkansas, they would live better lives than being poor in Hong Kong.

America is for everyone, the Mexicans and Latin Americans are welcome here, and so are the Asians.

Salute,

Tony V.

I recommend forming "US Goverment Manufacturng Corporation", USGMC...and start up manufacturing in Kentucky goods that are currently being made in China etc.

US built 300,000 planes in WW2.
...as well as, 193,000 artillery pieces, 86,000 tanks, and two million army trucks.

Right now Kentucky needs TEACHERS to teach the adults how to read and write, etc. And we need to build libraries and schools. And we need to be like Greece.

I would love for Kentucky to be like a Hallmark Movie made in Canada, where a beautiful young Asian woman comes to Kentucky, she plans to get wealthy working for a rich company in Kentucky, but she falls in love with a Gentleman who owns a small Toy Store in town, and she falls in love with the community in the small town, and instead of getting the job working for the rich company in the city she chooses to become a school teacher in Kentucky and she marries the Gentleman who owns the Toy Store and she stays humble and she finds love.

We need for Kentucky to be like a Hallmark movie. And the same with Battle Mountain, Nevada, it needs to be like a Hallmark movie.

And Arkansas has Tyson Foods, etc.

Tennessee has Vanderbilt University, and we have some good schools, we need to educate our people, and we need to teach the adults in Kentucky how to read, etc, and we need to build more schools and libraries, etc.

And I love Dolly Parton, she is a hero in Tennessee.

On the issue of Defense Equipment, we build the Submarines in Newport News, Virginia, and we build the fighter planes and bombers in the Antelope Valley in California.

Anyhow, I want for our small towns to be like a Hallmark movie, with good schools and a loving community for people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Unless things have changed in America recently...who'd want to become a teacher, given the qualifications needed, and the low salaries?
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: February 20, 2024, 07:28:11 PM »

Someone with more character and more heart than you, Bambu.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: February 20, 2024, 08:32:33 PM »

Teachers in America don't seem to be valued very highly.
$30,000 pa salary for a university educated teacher entrusted with the academic lives of children, is an insult quite frankly.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: February 20, 2024, 08:37:55 PM »

Average public school teacher salary in USA is 66K.   For a 9 month contract.  Please stop shitposting. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: February 20, 2024, 08:55:04 PM »

Mayor Bass is doing some fine things to promote affordable housing which are being taken up as best practices by cities all over the country.

Mayor Bass is doing a great job, and I believe that she honestly cares about our people. The thing is, she has to deal with the results of 30 years of neglect. As our General Motors Plant was closed down in Van Nuys then those people should have been helped and jobs should have been created to replace the jobs that were lost. And the same as we lost the Space Shuttle Program in the Antelope Valley, those people needed to be trained and put to work on other projects. So, what happened is that over the last 30 years more and more jobs were lost without being replaced, while new people continued to come here from all over the world for the American Dream and for the Californian Dream and we ended up with 70,000 homeless people on the street. So, Mayor Bass has to deal with the results of 30 years of neglect. I like Mayor Bass, and pray that God continues to guide her in good ways.

And yes Bambu, the teachers need higher pay. But, many teachers write books to bring in extra money, etc. I had a friend who was a teacher who owned a cookie store and she made and sold cookies to supplement her income. In California many teachers are actors and models, and they make extra money by starring in television commercials, etc. But, all in all, teachers are special people who have big hearts. A lot of times the wife works as a teacher while the man has a higher paying job such as working as a lawyer, etc. Or, they can own a Toy Store, etc, while they teach, etc.

I see lots of good people who are doing good deeds, such as Mayor Bass, and I have hope that our planet will continue to get better.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: February 20, 2024, 09:51:29 PM »

The CEO of IKEA is now the Prime Minister of Sweden.

He is currently assembling his cabinet.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: February 20, 2024, 09:53:45 PM »

Average public school teacher salary in USA is 66K.   For a 9 month contract.  Please stop shitposting.

That's good to hear.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: February 20, 2024, 10:03:42 PM »

😀

Meanwhile, in bambuworld, the CEO of supermarket giant Woolworths has announced his resignation...much drama over the company's woke agendas, getting involved in the Voice referendum, and going max woke about Australia Day 26th Jan.
Add to that the allegations that the company and the other large supermarket chain are price gouging customers etc...govt inquiry announced.

Customers have revolted. The People are fed up, so to speak.
CEO of IKEA - ilk is what is needed as a replacement.

'Go woke, go broke'.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:34:27 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: February 20, 2024, 10:51:29 PM »

Meanwhile, in bambuworld, the CEO of supermarket giant Woolworths has announced his resignation...much drama over the company's woke agendas, getting involved in the Voice referendum, and going max woke about Australia Day 26th Jan.
Add to that the allegations that the company and the other large supermarket chain are price gouging customers etc...govt inquiry announced.

Customers have revolted. The People are fed up, so to speak.
CEO of IKEA - ilk is what is needed as a replacement.

'Go woke, go broke'.

We can put your deep water ports to use by sending you goods from Mexico and from California, and coffee from Colombia, etc.

Australia needs a chain of Northgate Markets, I shop at Northgate as it is within walking distance and they have fresh-baked bread and great food.

https://www.northgatemarket.com/

We can send you goods, and you can ship stuff back, we can do global trade. You can send us wool, and mutton, and kiwi fruit, and whatever else you want to sell that will be in demand here. And you can do trade with Mexico, and with Latin America, we can use your deep water ports for world trade.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: February 21, 2024, 01:24:33 AM »

I would not be a teacher today, no matter how much character and heart I had (even if I could pass the exams).
It's a thankless job, and have you seen what's being taught?
Fighting with and being abused by, the parents.
No thank you.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: February 21, 2024, 02:24:58 AM »

I would not be a teacher today, no matter how much character and heart I had (even if I could pass the exams).
It's a thankless job, and have you seen what's being taught?
Fighting with and being abused by, the parents.
No thank you.

I have been reading your posts for a while now. You have nothing of value to teach anyone. I take that back. You may be the perfect example of how to fail at life and that may make you in pedagogical terms a useful cautionary tale.

Do not try and teach. Maybe for one day in your life learn something. I think that is still beyond you but you are less likely to cause any immediate harm in the attempt.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: February 21, 2024, 10:35:31 AM »

https://www.vox.com/politics/24074408/climate-change-blow-up-pipeline

Level-headed analysis of why ecoterrorism would be counterproductive to decarbonization. 

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: February 21, 2024, 12:01:21 PM »

The Association of Rape Crisis Centers in Israel (ARCCI),  carefully compiled from eyewitness testimonies and the available forensic evidence of the October 7th Hamas atrocities. The
accusations of rape, sexual assault, and other acts of sexual violence were initially difficult to compile because Israeli authorities were focused on stopping the Hamas attack.

The Hamas attacks included violent acts of rape, accompanied by threats with weapons, and in some cases targeted towards injured women. Many of the rapes were carried out as a group, with the participation of violent terrorists. Often, the rape was perpetrated in front of an audience partners, family, or friends in a manner intended to increase the pain and humiliation of all present. Hamas terrorists hunted young women and men who fled the Nova festival, and according to testimonies, dragged them by their hair amid screams. The actions targeted women, girls, and men. In most cases, the victims were killed after or even during the rape.

A series of testimonies, interviews, and additional sources attest that Hamas terrorists employed sadistic practices aimed at intensifying the degree of humiliation and terror inherent in sexual violence. Many of the bodies of sexual crime victims were found bound and shackled. The genitals of both women and men were brutally mutilated, and sometimes weapons were inserted into them. The terrorists did not stop at shooting; they also cut and mutilated sexual organs and other body parts with knives.

The report will be sent to the United Nations.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:04:44 PM by jmmengel »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: February 21, 2024, 03:04:46 PM »

A long time ago when the world wide web was new, Harvard had a website where their students could all discuss the Classics, etc, and so I went on the Harvard website and I started teaching the Harvard students about Shakespeare, and about Machiavelli, and about Aristophanes, and Aristotle, and about Sophocles, etc. I just did it for fun, I was bored and alone, and I was surrounded by uneducated people, I did not have anyone around me to discuss Shakespeare with, etc, so I discussed Shakespeare with the Harvard Students, etc, much as we do here on Elba.

So then a funny thing happened, when I tried to start my movie production company I received job applications from Harvard Students, the Harvard Students wanted to work for my production company. It was the most fascinating feeling for me to have Harvard Students who would accept me as their Boss. The Best and the Brightest wanted to work for my company. If I ever get my company going I plan to hire some of the Harvard graduates.

One job for the Harvard Students right now would be to save Playboy Magazine, and to bring back the Playboy Channel, Universal can buy Playboy and they can hire some Harvard Students from National Lampoon, and they can hire Barbi Benton to help, and they can save Playboy. The new shows for the Playboy Channel can be filmed right on the Studio Lot at Universal Studios, and one show that they can have is the Slocum Westerns, which is a series of Western novels with Love Scenes, Hef loved the Slocum Westerns.

Anyhow, I teach for free everyday on the world wide web. A fantasy of mine would be to live like Aristotle in Greece and have a great library and good wine and good food, and lots of beautiful young female muses, and just study, and teach, and learn, and wonder, and write, etc. Rome is nice too, but it is not secluded like a Greek Island. Maybe the Island of Elba would be nice.

I would gladly teach, and I hope to teach people with my poetry, and with my movies, and with my television shows, etc. We will see what happens.

And I have a lot of respect for the teachers, I love teachers and they are some of my favorite people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 03:14:30 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: February 21, 2024, 07:04:31 PM »

President Biden is here in California right now, he came to visit an Israeli Billionaire, and this morning he went to a restaurant for a breakfast burrito, and then he went to the Library in Culver City where he announced that he is working hard to make an education free for all Americans. We are giving tons of money to Ukraine and to everyone else, we can afford to help our own people, and by educating our people then all of society benefits. I support giving a free education to all Americans, and free Job Training for the people who want to do other jobs such as Truck Driving with the Teamsters Union, etc. We also need to support the Arts here in Hollywood. It is great that President Biden is here in California, and I support giving an education to all Americans who want one. Plus, right now we have a huge shortage of Doctors and Psychiatrists, we need to train our local people to become Doctors and Scientists, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 566