Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119430 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7785 on: February 29, 2024, 10:01:57 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: March 01, 2024, 01:38:10 AM »

my 5pm tv news just now:

"more than one in three young people in Australia sre suffering with mental heath difficulties."

No surprise to me.
I see 12 yr olds at climate emergency protests crying in desperation because they've been told that there is no hope for the future if the climate emergency is not solved NOW.

Then there's the minefield that is social media to navigate.
Swipe left, swipe right...listen to the misguided feminists telling girls that guys should be paying for everything etc...and young women are being set up for failure.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 01:44:45 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: March 01, 2024, 10:17:40 AM »

Mental state in USA should be worse. Brand new drug dealers swarming over the southern border unopposed. Welcome free food and shelter for at least 6 mos. the prez loves you. He will move some vets and poor people aside.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: March 01, 2024, 10:22:46 AM »

Bambu,

I suspect your neighborhood is not one that is actually plagued with home invaders and street thugs. 

The knowledge that weve gained since 1982 unequivocally tells us something else. Serious violence is extremely concentrated in very particular places and, most importantly, among very particular people. Dispelling the notion of dangerous neighborhoods, extensive research on geographic concentration has consistently found that around half of all crime complaints or incidents of gun violence concentrated at about 5 percent of street segments or blocks in a given city.

...sophisticated analysis of social networks have demonstrated that homicides and shootings are strongly concentrated within small social networks within cities  -  and that there is even further concentration of violence within these social networks...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-25/beyond-broken-windows-what-really-drives-urban-crime
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: March 01, 2024, 10:39:37 AM »

Mental state in USA should be worse. Brand new drug dealers swarming over the southern border unopposed. Welcome free food and shelter for at least 6 mos. the prez loves you. He will move some vets and poor people aside.
It's very clear that one vet needs treatment.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: March 01, 2024, 12:01:23 PM »

He just does not like to admit to himself how much he is shat on by white people who were born here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: March 01, 2024, 03:13:24 PM »

He just does not like to admit to himself how much he is shat on by white people who were born here.

White trash meth dealers ruined my home town, and before that it was white cocaine dealers. In Anaheim the drug dealers are white heroin dealers.

I love the Mexicans, the Mexicans are good Christians who are only poor because they just arrived in the USA with only the clothes on their backs. They are not like the white criminals and the white meth dealers, etc, and the white trash bikers, etc.

I live in a Mexican neighborhood, and it is great here. My neighbors speak Spanish, and they are nice hard working people who are raising families here.

And the people from the Philippines are doing charity work here and are helping the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: March 01, 2024, 04:01:09 PM »

California City would be a wonderful place to put the homeless people from Los Angeles, and California City has a Golf Course, etc. But, the only problem is the White meth dealers are selling meth in California City, and they have a huge meth problem there. They cannot blame the Mexicans, it is the White people who are selling the meth in California City.

If we are going to develop California City and use it to house our homeless Senior Citizens, etc, then we need to deal with the meth problem there. People need to bring the meth problem out in the open where the problem can be dealt with, the meth problem cannot be a dirty little secret, the meth problem needs to brought out into the open and the problem needs to be discussed so that the problem can be dealt with. And blaming the Mexicans is a cop out, it is all bullshit, the meth dealers in California City are White people.

The same in Apple Valley, etc, the meth dealers are all White criminals. They cannot blame the Mexicans for the meth in Apple Valley.

We need to deal with the real problems in the USA instead of trying to blame the Mexicans.

And in 20 years Mexico is going to be paradise, lots of money is being invested in Mexico, and the Mexicans are extremely hard workers.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 04:02:57 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: March 01, 2024, 04:02:31 PM »

Now the border crossers are complaining about the food, reportedly.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: March 01, 2024, 04:07:02 PM »

People in glass houses should not throw rocks.

The USA has a lot of problems that we need to deal with, and it does not do any good to blame the Mexicans. We need to deal with the real problems in the USA instead of blaming the Mexicans.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: March 01, 2024, 04:42:10 PM »

Governor Newsom is going to go down for corruption, when the new law was made giving fast food workers a minimum wage of $20 per hour then he created an exception for his billionaire donor friend who owns the Panera Bread Restaurants. Panera Bread needs to pay their workers $20 per hour just like everyone else. Panera Bread has hundreds of restaurants.

People are reading and examining the law after this news came to light, and Newsom is being investigated. They might even bring in the FBI according to the news.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: March 01, 2024, 07:05:43 PM »

My wealthiest friend was my dearly departed friend Lisa, from the Philippines. When she first came to America she opened a night club in Los Angeles named "Manila Gardens" and she was very successful, and she got into Real Estate and she had her own Construction Company, and she was a Developer, and she did other stuff, and the whole time she did Charity Work, and then she retired and she did Charity Work full time helping the homeless and the mentally ill. She used to buy 14 room mansions to house the homeless people, etc, and then she cooked wonderful meals for the people in her houses.

And she taught me how to help the homeless, so I was able to teach the Mayor of Laguna Beach and others what Lisa taught me, etc. With Mental Health Associations like the one in Santa Ana, and Wellness Centers like the one in Orange, etc.

I witnessed miracles at Lisa's houses, I saw how the people were when they first came in after being homeless on the streets for years and mentally ill, when they got treatment and care then they totally transformed. Then, after they became well then many of the people went to work helping the homeless, they got help and then they went to work helping other people, so Lisa created this wonderful chain reaction where people would get help and then they would help other people. Lisa got rich, and then she spent the whole rest of her life giving the money away to help the homeless. Lisa was a wonderful woman, and she was my hero. Plus, a funny thing, Lisa was friends with Suzanne Pleshette, and Suzanne Pleshette was one of my heroes too.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: March 01, 2024, 07:42:48 PM »

The illegal immigrants pouring in over the Mexican border...are they 'illegal' if US law states that asylum seekers can enter? , I must find out exactly what US law states, ...who are reportedly not happy with the food in detention...should be given a "Bunnings sausage" or two.
Cheap meal.
"Bunnings" = Home Depot equiv in US.
"Sausage" = two slices of bread (with or without butter/margarine), sausage and onion in between...with or without tomato sauce (ketchup), or bbq sauce.

Well hey, if it's good enough for Ambassador Caroline Kennedy to eat, it should be good enough for asylum seekers.

bambu version.
One slice of buttered bread, thin beef sausage cooked for 9 mins in air fryer.
Place sausage corner to corner on bread, add ketchup ,then fold other corners over sausage and lock together with wooden toothpick thru the bread into the sausage.
Semi hot dog, delicious.
Cheap, easy to make, all good.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: March 01, 2024, 07:44:33 PM »

The same way that Lisa started a chain reaction where many of the people she helped went on to help other people, then so too Father Boyle of Homeboy Industries started a chain reaction where some of the former gang members whom he helped went on to help other people.

And I guess the crime is high in Memphis, but I like Memphis. I felt safe in Memphis.

And I think that the ports in New Orleans are important, and New Orleans would be a good spot for refugees from Colombia, etc, and they can work at the ports, etc.

On the issue of New York, a lot of people love New York. And New York has great schools. You just have to be careful. And there is Broadway, etc, and the Statue of Liberty.

And it sounds like Australia needs Wellness Centers, and Mental Health Associations, etc. In the USA our best school to teach Psychiatrists is San Diego State University. And I recommend the book "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: March 01, 2024, 07:51:26 PM »

The illegal immigrants pouring in over the Mexican border...are they 'illegal' if US law states that asylum seekers can enter? , I must find out exactly what US law states, ...who are reportedly not happy with the food in detention...should be given a "Bunnings sausage" or two.
Cheap meal.
"Bunnings" = Home Depot equiv in US.
"Sausage" = two slices of bread (with or without butter/margarine), sausage and onion in between...with or without tomato sauce (ketchup), or bbq sauce.

Well hey, if it's good enough for Ambassador Caroline Kennedy to eat, it should be good enough for asylum seekers.

bambu version.
One slice of buttered bread, thin beef sausage cooked for 9 mins in air fryer.
Place sausage corner to corner on bread, add ketchup ,then fold other corners over sausage and lock together with wooden toothpick thru the bread into the sausage.
Semi hot dog, delicious.
Cheap, easy to make, all good.

In my neighborhood Chef Bruno feeds Pasta to the homeless children and to the refugee children, he wrote a book "The Power of Pasta" and all of the money from his book goes to feed pasta to the children. He has fed millions of meals of pasta to the children. And we have lots of oranges in California, we can give the refugees and the children all oranges to eat. And we have Tyson Foods in Arkansas providing cheap chicken, everyone loves chicken. We also have the Pacific Ocean providing seafood, etc, we can feed people fish tacos, etc.

And sure, sausage sandwiches are good. I eat the Louisiana Hot Links in rolls with yellow organic mustard from Montana.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 566