Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119452 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7905 on: March 17, 2024, 12:44:09 PM »

Documentary.  Docus don't get BO figures or general release the way mainstream movies do. it has been out for a month and opened in 85 theaters.  This is typical of small independent production companies like Oscilloscope, which don't reach larger numbers until picked up by streaming services.   And none of this has shit to do with the merits of the film.  Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator site...

92 percent of 24 critics reviews are positive, with an average rating of 7.2. The websites consensus reads

God and Country offers a chilling and bracingly effective look at political forces aligning in an effort to erase the barrier between church and state. 

That Christian Nationalism has taken more and more antidemocratic positions has been well-documented, especially in the book which the documentary is based on.  And by members here.  Maybe you missed that in your apparent struggles with your iPhone.
LOL!
Meathead, Junior, speaks up for original Meathead! Talk about preaching to the choir!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: March 17, 2024, 04:12:40 PM »

As we work to lift up the poor orphans in Mexico, etc, then we must remember the basics of a Strong Mind, Strong Body, and Strong Spirit.

They need libraries with lots of books and schools with good teachers, and they need gyms and sports and healthy nutritious foods to feed their bodies, and they need Churches and Priests and Nuns, etc.

There is a lot that we can do for the poor children, but those 3 things make a great foundation to build on, a Strong Mind, a Strong Body, and a Strong Spirit.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: March 17, 2024, 04:56:20 PM »

Documentary.  Docus don't get BO figures or general release the way mainstream movies do. it has been out for a month and opened in 85 theaters.  This is typical of small independent production companies like Oscilloscope, which don't reach larger numbers until picked up by streaming services.   And none of this has shit to do with the merits of the film.  Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator site...

92 percent of 24 critics reviews are positive, with an average rating of 7.2. The websites consensus reads

God and Country offers a chilling and bracingly effective look at political forces aligning in an effort to erase the barrier between church and state. 

That Christian Nationalism has taken more and more antidemocratic positions has been well-documented, especially in the book which the documentary is based on.  And by members here.  Maybe you missed that in your apparent struggles with your iPhone.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: March 17, 2024, 05:13:20 PM »

Meathead, Junior, speaks up for original Meathead! Talk about preaching to the choir!

Red is the type of Christian that dreams of burning infidels at the cross. It is becoming the typical hypocrisy and blasphemy of the sick maga fucktard.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: March 17, 2024, 07:16:39 PM »

I remember similar praises heaped on JFK by Oliver Stone which had plenty of award nominations in 1992.
The movie was also based on a book.
But as entertaining as it was it was a historical and factual lie about the actual events.

That Christian Nationalism has taken more and more antidemocratic positions has been well-documented, especially in the book which the documentary is based on. 
Similar flaws lead to similar miscalculations in God and Country.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: March 17, 2024, 09:00:54 PM »

I remember similar praises heaped on JFK by Oliver Stone which had plenty of award nominations in 1992.
The movie was also based on a book.
But as entertaining as it was it was a historical and factual lie about the actual events.

That Christian Nationalism has taken more and more antidemocratic positions has been well-documented, especially in the book which the documentary is based on. 
Similar flaws lead to similar miscalculations in God and Country.

I will take the observations of these guys over yours

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/february-web-only/god-country-documentary-review-christian-nationalism-reiner.html

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: March 17, 2024, 09:08:03 PM »

Here is my opinion on the rise of White Christian Nationalism in comparison to what my Mom observed of the America First movement in 1930s Long Island

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2022/09/22/then-and-now-mom-in-america/

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: March 18, 2024, 09:47:23 AM »

Here is my opinion on the rise of White Christian Nationalism in comparison to what my Mom observed of the America First movement in 1930s Long Island

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2022/09/22/then-and-now-mom-in-america/

I really was moved by this article and the spirit of community action in your family.  I may want to go back and read this again in future.  Consider yourself bookmarked, Larry!  🙂
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: March 18, 2024, 05:30:11 PM »

Vice President Harris had a Mother who was a scientist who wanted to cure Cancer, and we all want to find a cure for Cancer. We need to work together globally to find a cure for Cancer, and we need to share information, and we need to make the cure more important than the money, and we need for poor people all around the world to be able to access the cure for Cancer, like Doctor Jonas Salk did when he cured Polio. We need to share information around the world to find a cure for Cancer, and then the cure needs to be available for all people, including the poor in other nations.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: March 19, 2024, 10:58:02 AM »

Blog.  Facebook.  TikTok.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: March 19, 2024, 11:19:00 PM »

Thousands of Californians, primarily those in the Central Valley, have found work thanks to construction of the California High-Speed Rail.

Details: https://trib.al/7CnJJ0t

---------

Now we are building the new high speed train between Southern California and Las Vegas, which is creating a lot of great jobs.

We also need to extend the Metrolink Trains from Los Angeles to California City. They are also going to run all the way from LA to Palm Springs.

New subways are also being built to prepare Los Angeles for the Olympics, lots of money in coming into Los Angeles to prepare for the Olympics.

And the public transportation needs to have safety officers for security.

Here in Anaheim we are benefiting from huge investments by Disney. Then also, Disney is going to make the new "Star Wars" movie here in Hollywood, which will create a lot of local jobs, and which will help other projects to happen here in Hollywood. And Malibu has a lot of great locations to film at, and lots of talented and creative people live in Malibu. And I love Universal, and they are doing great right now with the success of "Oppenheimer" and plus they have Ron Howard, and Spielberg.

Biden is doing a great job, the economy is booming.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 11:23:56 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: March 20, 2024, 10:37:26 AM »

What I learnt from YouTube today:

"How many months are on the Ethiopian calendar?"

Answer: 13

What?
Why?
How?
When?
I must investigate.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: March 20, 2024, 10:44:08 AM »

Christians used to be fed to lions for sport/fun.
Today Christians are so hated that they're tortured to death in bread ovens.
Christians need to do better at protecting themselves from harm.
No wonder Christian Americans are arming themselves.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: March 20, 2024, 04:58:22 PM »

Christians used to be fed to lions for sport/fun.
Today Christians are so hated that they're tortured to death in bread ovens.
Christians need to do better at protecting themselves from harm.
No wonder Christian Americans are arming themselves.
Oh, horse shit. Christian Americans are the most powerful political group in America,.comprising something like 90% of political office holders and are at zero risk of harm. Most of what I have seen from "Christian " groups as oppression is usually political policies they dislike getting adopted or having to treat people they hate with equality.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: March 20, 2024, 05:04:59 PM »

Governor Katie Hobbs is still young, and she seems to be doing a great job in Arizona, with Phoenix being the fastest growing city in the USA according to Siri; maybe Katie Hobbs can consider becoming a future President of the United States.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 05:07:26 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 567