Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119429 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8085 on: April 04, 2024, 12:51:13 PM »

Expect domestic violence related homicides to soar within the Orthodox comm?#unity.

They're wiser than that.

Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: April 04, 2024, 01:14:20 PM »

Expect domestic violence related homicides to soar within the Orthodox comm?#unity.

They're wiser than that.
Why? They are human with proportionally the same propensity to passion and anger as any other group you might name.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: April 04, 2024, 01:17:04 PM »

from the NBC article;

.......  ...... has always been terrified of guns. the Orthodox Jewish artist and mother felt uneasy about her husband's decision to buy a handgun after they moved to Florida from New York last year.

"i would just block it out of my mind that it's in the house," ......, 26, said.

But after watching the events unfold in Israel, she's taken steps she never imagined herself ever taking. ...... attended a gun safety seminar at her synagogue last week followed by a one-on-one session at a local shooting range.

"Even at the range, I just wanted to drop the gun and run back home," ..... said. "I was so scared, and I'm terrified of it."

But she said she felt forced to do it because Jewish people are not safe anywhere now."

#####

Well there you go.
And she's 100% correct.
I assume you think Muslims should be arming also.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/04/02/cair-anti-muslim-crimes-2023-islamophobia-gaza/73117343007/
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: April 04, 2024, 01:37:48 PM »

Everybody should be arming.  Guns are great!!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: April 04, 2024, 01:40:57 PM »

Exactly.
All shown in the 2008 movie DEFIANCE starring Daniel Craig.

and, the armed Jewish folk in Israel Oct 7  lived...and the unarmed were slaughtered in their own homes or kidnapped and taken hostage into Gaza.
Heaven knows what horrors are happening to them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:47:28 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: April 04, 2024, 01:59:57 PM »

Exactly.

and, the armed Jewish folk in Israel Oct 7  lived...and the unarmed were slaughtered in their own homes or kidnapped and taken hostage into Gaza.
Well, Israel is killing people bringing hostages food too.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: April 04, 2024, 02:51:33 PM »

Exactly.

Well, Israel is killing people bringing hostages food too.

They should not be doing that.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: April 04, 2024, 04:53:34 PM »

They're wiser than that.

And you know this how?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: April 04, 2024, 05:56:07 PM »

They're wiser than that.

And you know this how?

An observation.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: April 04, 2024, 10:14:53 PM »

The forest of Canada is a great place to send the refugees from the Middle East, and Kiwanis has a village in Victoria, Canada, the refugees can work in the Lumber Industry, etc. They can live peaceful lives like in a peaceful Canadian Hallmark movie.

Also, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai, are good places to send the Muslim refugees to be Essential Workers.

And Kiwanis will help the children, as will UNICEF, etc.

For the poor people in the Middle East with children, then the best thing they could do is to come live in the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, they can have peace away from the war zone. Or they can be a truck driver in Abu Dhabi or in Dubai, or a construction worker, or a grocery store worker, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: April 04, 2024, 10:23:17 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2024/05/royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-icon-of-seas/677838/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social

Gary Shteyngart takes a cruise.  Having read also a couple of his novels, I have concluded he is the Nabokov (he is also a Russian emigre who writes better in English than most native speakers) of absurd satire.  There are so many howlingly funny lines and vignettes in this article I wouldn't know where to begin to pull quotes out.  Enjoy.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: April 04, 2024, 10:29:57 PM »

What do you call someone who tells everyone else what jobs are there for them,
but can not find a job for himself?

Does he ever shut up?  I have come round to your position that Tony V is a tedious idiot who posts nothing but repetitive inane ramblings on the current state of his breathtaking ignorance.  So longwinded is he in his narcissistic and masturbatory meanderings, I have activated the ignore feature simply to reduce my scrolling time and also be spared the moronic circle jerk with him, Luee and Bambu.   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: April 04, 2024, 10:54:44 PM »

Cesar Chavez said that the best use of an education is to help other people, and he spent his whole life in the service of others, and he died poor.

Cesar Chavez was one of my heroes, and there were other great labor leaders through-out history including Eugene V. Debs, and Jimmy Hoffa. And in Poland they had Lech Walesa, he was a hero, and he went from being an unemployed electrician to leading Poland to freedom with Solidarity, someone needs to make a movie about Lech Walesa, I think Ron Howard could do a good job. 

Of note on the issue of leaders, I follow Giorgia Meloni of Italy on Facebook, and she recently stated that she worked with Pope John Paul II at one time, and I found that fascinating, I wonder what they worked on? And Pope John Paul II and Lech Walesa were both from Poland, and worked together to bring freedom to Poland and to bring down the Berlin Wall.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: April 04, 2024, 11:04:42 PM »

Does he ever shut up?  I have come round to your position that Tony V is a tedious idiot who posts nothing but repetitive inane ramblings on the current state of his breathtaking ignorance.  So longwinded is he in his narcissistic and masturbatory meanderings, I have activated the ignore feature simply to reduce my scrolling time and also be spared the moronic circle jerk with him, Luee and Bambu.

I like Tony's posts.
I find them interesting to read.
He certainly has lived an interesting life.
He's doing his best to help others and improve America.
Noble pursuits indeed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:09:32 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: April 05, 2024, 08:22:00 PM »

From the rambling Barton Du Jour who can not even find decent housing for his son
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 566