Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 296244 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #5880 on: October 22, 2021, 12:00:11 PM »

You folks have consistently come out against any such strictures here.

- Mod

You have never tried ruling with an iron fist here.  Give it a shot.  Start slowly - as in no curse words.  Then you can get to Management 102 level.  Maybe in 4 years you get your Bachelor's.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: October 22, 2021, 12:10:51 PM »

Heh

I'll be fine there - thanks for the concern

If you haven't seen me post what you would consider content that would pass SOSH muster (cough) in a while it is due to the company kept here, nothing else.

Kid you have a 25 year posting history that I and most everyone in Elba is familiar with. Outside of some recent ball-washing from a desperate ally-seeking troll, you have scant support here. People recognize your bullshit for what it is. 

I'm not going to tell you what is acceptable content, if you want to post on SoSH, you'll figure out community standards. But they've changed a lot (for better or worse) in the past 5-10 years, and if you posted there early on (15-20 years ago) its a wholly different animal. 

I will tell you to leave politics, even the most benign comments, in the political forums, as that's a fast way to be shown the door.

Have fun

although I got to tell you that joining a predominantly Sox board on what may be their last day of the season, and talking about how you look forward to the Pats forums, in what could be a challenging year, strikes me as a pure troll move.

Prove me wrong.

LMAO

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: October 22, 2021, 12:29:53 PM »

Houston going back to their G2 starter, Garcia, tonight.

Miraculously his bad knee has healed and he's good to go.

Apparently there was enough ice left over after the Astros tried to ice Evo for use on Garcia bum knee.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: October 22, 2021, 12:38:07 PM »

although I got to tell you that joining a predominantly Sox board on what may be their last day of the season, and talking about how you look forward to the Pats forums, in what could be a challenging year, strikes me as a pure troll move.

I commiserate with the best of them.

I think Boston wins tonight, by the way.  Cheer up.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: October 22, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »

Have to wonder if they are setting a record - highest average number of runs ahead for winning team

29 thus far in 5 games

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: October 22, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »

Have to wonder if they are setting a record - highest average number of runs ahead for winning team

29 thus far in 5 games

Same as 1960 WS through 5

Ys had a 12-0 blow-out in G6 and Pirates won by 1 in G7.

so 42 in 7 games

no idea if thats the record.

just WAG 1960 WS

And I'm perfectly cheery.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:53:54 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: October 22, 2021, 02:57:25 PM »

Thanks for the research

If that is the answer I expect it to hold

Looking for a couple of nail biters

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: NLCS!
« Reply #5887 on: October 22, 2021, 04:32:40 PM »

Another of those NL-style pitching performances, with the starters going long, unlike those AL games.

Say what you want, but the NL series has been more entertaining than the AL Modern Baseball Cheaters Division series.

No Fitbit watches and strange lights on the scoreboards and whistles in the NL games.

Poor you. When they consolidate the rules and there is a DH in both leagues, you won't have any pro baseball to watch any more.

You, of all our posters, should be more appreciative of cheaters.

And I happen to agree that tight ballgames are inherently more entertaining than blowouts, but it has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Boston was caught cheating. Houston was caught cheating. Alex Cora was caught cheating.

Then there are the Patriots.

So, I think it is YOU who really appreciates cheaters, Josh.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: October 22, 2021, 04:33:38 PM »

Banks' team on the verge of defeat.

He gets testy and misfires.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: October 22, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »

I think the Red Sox win tonight.

As me about tomorrow tomorrow!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: October 22, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »

Another of those NL-style pitching performances, with the starters going long, unlike those AL games.

Say what you want, but the NL series has been more entertaining than the AL Modern Baseball Cheaters Division series.

No Fitbit watches and strange lights on the scoreboards and whistles in the NL games.

Poor you. When they consolidate the rules and there is a DH in both leagues, you won't have any pro baseball to watch any more.

And I happen to agree that tight ballgames are inherently more entertaining than blowouts, but it has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Boston was caught cheating. Houston was caught cheating. Alex Cora was caught cheating.

If I appreciated cheaters, I would appreciate you and Donald Trump.

I appreciate neither.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: October 22, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »

If I appreciated cheaters, I would appreciate you and Donald Trump.

I appreciate neither.

Oh? When did I cheat, Josh?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: October 22, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »

The Franchy Cordero Era seems likely to have passed, as he was designated for assignment.

The deal for Benintendi has to have been one of the more lopsided trades the Red Sox have been on the wrong end of in quite a while.

Maybe Winckowski will amount to something, but he didn't show it this season! And "three players to be named later" don't seem likely to make it worth our while to have paid $2.8 million to KC for the privilege of losing Ten D.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: October 22, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »

Listening to "This could be the series for the Red Sox," down 1 run, is really annoying.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: October 22, 2021, 09:43:51 PM »

Eovaldi was awesome escaping that jam in the 4th.

Biden might consider having him facing Manchin, Sinema and McConnell.

Fucking Sox seem mesmerized by the cha-cha of Garcia.

Can't do anything with him

if this end 1-0 on kike's misplay I will be annoyed.

that however is doubtful
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 469