Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2384 2385 [2386] 2387 2388 ... 2733

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 504041 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #35775 on: August 04, 2023, 08:52:13 PM »

The Hurd, Kinzinger, Hogan wing should definitely stay in politics. They may want to form something new and call it The Rational Conservative Party or something rather than polishing the turd that is the republican brand, especially if there is nothing left alive and viable within the republican universe trying to capitalize on the senile and reflexively stupid and Nazis using the republican name.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35776 on: August 04, 2023, 08:53:10 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #35777 on: August 04, 2023, 11:16:48 PM »

I think there is a path for moderates in the GOP like Will Hurd or Adam Kinzinger, once the Trumpist cult is disbanded.  However, if the less than grand old party keeps grinding down the rights of women, LGBTQ, schoolteachers, outdoor laborers, workers generally, ex-felons, asylum seekers, et al, then it may not be salvageable.

This group of so called moderates are arch conservatives, just not MAGA.

Establishment Republicans laid the foundation, built the lab and created the monster which is now loose in the village except the monster is leading the villagers against the creators.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #35778 on: August 04, 2023, 11:27:17 PM »

While I may not support Trump, and while I may not support Ron DeSantis, I think those guys are dirt bags, but there were good Republicans, such as Newt Gingrich, and John Boehner, and Gordon Smith, and George W. Bush, and Jeb Bush, and Ronald Reagan was a good Republican. I also liked Sonny Bono, and he wrote our Copyright Law. We have had some good Republicans. And the party was built on Abraham Lincoln. The real Republican party is about good human rights, and freedom, and lots of jobs and a good economy. And many Republicans are good Christians such as Boehner who brought the Pope to speak to Congress and who wept as the Pope spoke, it was very touching. We have had some great Republicans.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #35779 on: August 05, 2023, 12:20:26 AM »

Trump pleads not guilty to all charges.
He's the leading Republican candidate, and is leading Biden in the polls.
Anyone with even half their brain working can see what the Democrats and their sympathizers are up to.
"A political witch hunt to stop Trump winning the election"....many in my world are alleging.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 12:27:39 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35780 on: August 05, 2023, 01:06:40 AM »

While I may not support Trump, and while I may not support Ron DeSantis, I think those guys are dirt bags, but there were good Republicans, such as Newt Gingrich, and John Boehner, and Gordon Smith, and George W. Bush, and Jeb Bush, and Ronald Reagan was a good Republican. I also liked Sonny Bono, and he wrote our Copyright Law. We have had some good Republicans. And the party was built on Abraham Lincoln. The real Republican party is about good human rights, and freedom, and lots of jobs and a good economy. And many Republicans are good Christians such as Boehner who brought the Pope to speak to Congress and who wept as the Pope spoke, it was very touching. We have had some great Republicans.

Salute,

Tony V.

You should take it over, Tony. You would do a much better job than the current crew.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #35781 on: August 05, 2023, 01:37:27 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

You should take it over, Tony. You would do a much better job than the current crew.

Thank you. I wish I could man, if I was Brad Pitt I would be running for President like Reagan.

I will use my gifts to the best of my ability, I am good at rhetoric, and sometimes I come up with great posts on Facebook that get thousands of likes.

My Mother thinks that I will be like a power couple when I find the right woman, she thinks we will do great things together. We will see. I need to go find the woman first.

If I become a big producer like Aaron Spelling then I can do good things. I can send a good message to the world, and I can do charity work, and I can improve public relations with Mexico, etc.

We will see. I will do my best to try to help make the world a better place before I die, I will try to do good things with my time here. And as the Bible asks us to do in Matthew 25; 31-46.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35782 on: August 05, 2023, 02:52:35 AM »

Less about what you can do, more about what you do do, homes.

https://youtu.be/TXxOU49TVKA Rest In Power and in Pocket.

https://youtu.be/FZVUjSSMyjE

Both courtesy of The Belly Up.

You are so welcome.

We do not serve veal.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: A New Appellation
« Reply #35783 on: August 05, 2023, 03:28:59 AM »

For that creepy orange repeatedly indicted thing,

Roofie T Firefly

In reference to his slow shambolic civil war not his preferred literal rape methodology in case there was any confusion.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 03:31:54 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35784 on: August 05, 2023, 03:36:42 AM »

Trump pleads not guilty to all charges.
He's the leading Republican candidate, and is leading Biden in the polls.
Anyone with even half their brain working can see what the Democrats and their sympathizers are up to.
"A political witch hunt to stop Trump winning the election"....many in my world are alleging.
Many in your world are marks and dupes.

The criminal branch of the US DoJ is and always been independent of politics. Read the indictment and identify specifically the charged crimes you think Trump should have gotten away with. And specifically the acts you think Biden should be able to do if he loses in 202r.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #35785 on: August 05, 2023, 11:41:19 AM »

I think there is a path for moderates in the GOP like Will Hurd or Adam Kinzinger, once the Trumpist cult is disbanded.  However, if the less than grand old party keeps grinding down the rights of women, LGBTQ, schoolteachers, outdoor laborers, workers generally, ex-felons, asylum seekers, et al, then it may not be salvageable.

This group of so called moderates are arch conservatives, just not MAGA.

Establishment Republicans laid the foundation, built the lab and created the monster which is now loose in the village except the monster is leading the villagers against the creators.

A compelling metaphor.  I just can't tell how arch the Kinzinger type conservatives would be in a post-monster world.  Hurd and K have both voted with Democrats on some bills and seem amenable to bipartisanship.  In politics, the old Indian saying seems applicable to the Non-Trumpers: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #35786 on: August 05, 2023, 12:19:01 PM »

https://youtu.be/1T4lF01eN7E

Will Hurd finishes by saying, we will be handing the White House to Joe Biden for four more years and AMERICA CAN NOT HANDLE THAT!

Fuck Will Hurd and any other Black Republican in this day and age.

The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy so I will let them battle and then kill the winner.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35787 on: August 05, 2023, 04:41:34 PM »

We have elected too many republicans to easily handle prosperity. We may need those motherfuckers in their political graves for a generation before the nation will feel in its bones that good politicians with good policies can easily maintain prosperity and that without republicans prosperity is a fully reasonable expectation.

Right now it maybe too much of a good thing for people under the sway of evil grasping idiots who propagate propaganda for the right. 

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #35788 on: August 05, 2023, 06:10:29 PM »

As someone who passed through the Newton MA school system, like two other Elba members, I was interested to learn about the Far Right web personality, Bronze Age Pervert, in the most recent issue of The Atlantic.  I don't know if this link will work for y'all, LMK if a screenshot is needed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/09/bronze-age-pervert-costin-alamariu/674762/

The notion of him and BJ Novak teaming up on a hoax when they were teenagers at Newton South HS is one of those weird intersections that life sometimes presents you. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35789 on: August 06, 2023, 02:15:28 AM »

As someone who passed through the Newton MA school system, like two other Elba members, I was interested to learn about the Far Right web personality, Bronze Age Pervert, in the most recent issue of The Atlantic.  I don't know if this link will work for y'all, LMK if a screenshot is needed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/09/bronze-age-pervert-costin-alamariu/674762/

The notion of him and BJ Novak teaming up on a hoax when they were teenagers at Newton South HS is one of those weird intersections that life sometimes presents you.

Free the plaintext! I want more than the teaser paragraph please.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2384 2385 [2386] 2387 2388 ... 2733