Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 571

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120721 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8070 on: April 01, 2024, 08:32:26 PM »

My Representative from City Hall was just here, she knocked on my door and she introduced herself. It is very nice to have good leadership in Anaheim, and Natalie Rubalcava has my support.

I told her every idea that I could think of while she was at my door, it was a great opportunity to share some ideas real quick with her while she was here, it is such a cool thing to have a leader who cares enough to knock and then listen to some of my thoughts on our City.

Anaheim is a good City, and I have been blessed to live here. And I have been able to witness the American Dream as the immigrants have come into this apartment complex over the years, and I told her about Esperanza and Bing and about how they used to help the refugee children. I told her about how the complex is now owned by a corporation, and it is not magical like when Esperanza and Bing were helping the refugee children over the years.

And I told her that we need to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did, so that they can call the police to report crimes and so that they can be protected by our laws, etc. The first thing Reagan did was to make our immigrants legal, to bring our people out of the shadows so they can call the cops and so they can join labor unions, etc. And Lou Correa is working to help to make our immigrants legal. We need to put politics aside and do what is right for the people, we need to make everyone legal so that they are protected by our laws.

I also told her that we need a new owner for the Angels Baseball Team and I suggested that Gwen Stefani and her friends from Vegas buy the Angels, I would love to see Gwen buy the Angels.

Meanwhile, I told her that I walk through La Palma Park to go to Carl's Jr and I feel totally safe here, there are children playing in the park, and it is a safe park. I am grateful to live in a safe area.

Anyhow, I was not prepared to have company, and I was not dressed appropriately to meet my Rep at City Hall, but I am glad that I opened the door, Natalie seems like a very nice woman and she has my support. Anaheim is a great city.

Salute,

Tony V.

No harm in giving politicians/city officials information, ideas, and requests.
"You never know your luck in a big city".
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 01, 2024, 10:42:13 PM »

That looks like the love child of a face sucker and a sand worm.

As good a guess as any.  They're cute when they're young. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: April 02, 2024, 07:39:38 PM »

Golden Sneakers

gradycartoons.com

I did not see Golden Sneakers.

The Red Queen is scary on point. Nice one, that
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: April 02, 2024, 11:26:33 PM »

Due to the wonderful amount of rain this year then we can count on beautiful wild flowers in the desert this spring. People flock to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve every year to view the poppies. I suggested to Mayor Bass that there be Homeboy Industries and Homegirl Industries Food Trucks to sell food to the the people who come out to see the poppies, in order to raise money to do Social Work, and also there needs to be lots of Public Toilets. Even just having carts selling Hot Dogs and Ice Cold Lemonade to raise money to feed the needy, etc, or burritos with horchata, etc, or burgers and Coca Cola, etc, bottled water, etc. In Rome, Italy, there are food trucks and food carts at all of the attractions, we need to do the same thing here in the USA, and they can raise money to do Social Work, etc. 

Also, a new Apartment Complex just opened in Lancaster, California, for the homeless, the complex is designed cool, it is sort of Mid Century Modern, and it has 80 apartments, and I reminded them to add swimming pools and tennis courts and libraries to all of their projects. Parks are also important, people need green space.

And in Lancaster the Joshua Trees need to be preserved and they need Parks to be established to save the Joshua Trees. In the whole Mojave Desert we need to work to save the Joshua Trees, we need huge Parks to preserve the Joshua Trees.

And as always we need schools, and Lancaster needs a Medical School like the University of California in Irvine Medical School in Orange.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:30:36 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 03, 2024, 02:22:47 PM »

In Tehachapi there is a former YMCA camp that has a running mountain stream on the property, and we used to drink the water straight out of the stream, I was in charge of the water for the camp, we had a catch basin with a pipe running to a big water tank, and then from the tank the water flowed down hill to the camp, and it was gravity fed and we went from large pipes to smaller pipes to build pressure, etc. Anyhow, the camp is gone now, but the Mountain Stream is still there, and that water could be bottled and sold to raise money for charities.

Saint Jude's Children's Hospital, and Kiwanis International, and others, could sell Bottled Water at the Convenience Stores, at 7-Eleven, and Circle K, and AM-PM, etc, and they can get the water from the Mountain Stream at the former YMCA camp in Tehachapi.

We could all support a good charity when we buy Bottled Water.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: April 03, 2024, 02:46:46 PM »

In Tehachapi there is a former YMCA camp that has a running mountain stream on the property, and we used to drink the water straight out of the stream, I was in charge of the water for the camp, we had a catch basin with a pipe running to a big water tank, and then from the tank the water flowed down hill to the camp, and it was gravity fed and we went from large pipes to smaller pipes to build pressure, etc. Anyhow, the camp is gone now, but the Mountain Stream is still there, and that water could be bottled and sold to raise money for charities.

Saint Jude's Children's Hospital, and Kiwanis International, and others, could sell Bottled Water at the Convenience Stores, at 7-Eleven, and Circle K, and AM-PM, etc, and they can get the water from the Mountain Stream at the former YMCA camp in Tehachapi.

We could all support a good charity when we buy Bottled Water.

Salute,

Tony V.

I once drank running water in the outdoors, and became violently ill.
Unfortunately there was no Youtube in those days, where gals and guys could show me 'survival in the wild' tricks.
Remove bra, cut in half to obtain 2 cups.
Place one bra cup over small 'billy' [metal can with loop handle]  "and he sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled, you'll come a waltzing matilda with me".

Scoop up the running water with small container, pour water into bra cup.
Bra cup filters the water...then place billy on top of 3 stones gathered ...over fire made with twigs and paper...boil water.
Cool, safe drinking water in the great outdoors.
No bra, maybe use spare shirt from backpack.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 02:58:41 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 03, 2024, 08:33:38 PM »

You do not seem the type to leave the house without a bra.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 03, 2024, 08:46:11 PM »

You do not seem the type to leave the house without a bra.

Hilarious  :)
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 03, 2024, 10:15:59 PM »

Does it say more about your boobs or your sense of humor?

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: April 03, 2024, 10:33:50 PM »

Does it say more about your boobs or your sense of humor?

I don't have 'man boobs'.
Sense of humour is in the eye of the beholder.

My great outdoors, no thank you.
Too hot, too wet, too windy, too miserable, too cold.
Gotta wear hat with gauze mesh to keep the flies and mosquitoes at bay.
Would have to wheel along a trolley full of 'comfort gear'.

Hiking to Patagonia...is best done from the comfort of my villa.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 04, 2024, 03:31:47 AM »

It must be quite the place if your villa is spacious enough to contain your boobs.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: April 04, 2024, 04:30:37 AM »

Sad people are dying in the Gaza war, including aid workers.
Aid workers are very selfless people.
It's a war zone, bombs falling everywhere, the terrorists and all their supporters in Gaza still won't release the Israeli hostages they kidnapped during their savage and murderous invasion into Israel Oct 7.
As a result Israel has to keep invading and bombing Gaza to kill or capture the Hamas terrorists and their supporters, to get the hostages out and eliminate Hamas in Gaza once and for all.
Aid workers risked their lives, and paid the ultimate price.

Armed criminal gangs, of Palestinians most likely, are hijacking aid in Gaza and selling it to the highest bidders and giving it to their friends, reportedly.

US Gen Jack Keane is on Sky News now;

"The West should be thanking Israel", on the scroll thru.

"IDF eliminates terrorism mastermind".
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 04:39:43 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: April 04, 2024, 04:54:23 AM »

NBC:

Not safe anywhere now': American jews are flocking to gun training classes

"We can't put down the phone without picking up the next one," said a rabbi in Los Angeles who runs a nonprofit group that offers firearm training to the Jewish community.

#####

Same thing is happening in Florida.

Guns are great for self defence from home invaders or anywhere in society the bad people are lurking/pouncing.
Jewish folk in Israel who were armed by the female security officer in their community...gunned down the invading terrorists from Gaza, ...and all the Jewish folk survived.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:12:57 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: April 04, 2024, 05:29:55 AM »

from the NBC article;

.......  ...... has always been terrified of guns. the Orthodox Jewish artist and mother felt uneasy about her husband's decision to buy a handgun after they moved to Florida from New York last year.

"i would just block it out of my mind that it's in the house," ......, 26, said.

But after watching the events unfold in Israel, she's taken steps she never imagined herself ever taking. ...... attended a gun safety seminar at her synagogue last week followed by a one-on-one session at a local shooting range.

"Even at the range, I just wanted to drop the gun and run back home," ..... said. "I was so scared, and I'm terrified of it."

But she said she felt forced to do it because Jewish people are not safe anywhere now."

#####

Well there you go.
And she's 100% correct.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: April 04, 2024, 12:40:24 PM »

Expect domestic violence related homicides to soar within the Orthodox community.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 571