Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 928236 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18555 on: May 02, 2021, 12:26:10 PM »

We can debate all year long, but here is my ten

(in no particular order)

JAMES
IRVING
LILLARD
ANTETEKOUMPO
DURANT
JOKIC
DAVIS
HARDEN
BUTLER
CURRY

- this is BEST, not best this year, MVP race, best moving forward....

WE could do a NEXT TEN - and you could say who should be up there

Doncic
Leonard
Paul
Marant
Westbrook
etc

You know, Philly has this big guy you might want to take a look at.....

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Derrick Rose = Defense Rising?
« Reply #18556 on: May 02, 2021, 02:02:40 PM »

https://www.thestrick.land/strick/why-derrick-rose-will-always-be-tom-thibodeau-favorite-point-guard

This season, per Cleaning The Glass, Rose has the best plus/minus differential on the team at +9.4 points per 100 possessions. Strangely, though, all of this value — according to the numbers — is coming on the defensive end, where the Knicks are exactly 9.4 points per 100 possessions better with Rose on the floor than off. This is by far the best mark on the roster, and more than double the defensive impact of fellow former Chicago Bull Taj Gibson, who boasts the second-best defensive differential on the team and has been a menace off the bench on that end this season.

With a reputation firmly entrenched as an offensively-minded player, this implied defensive impact is more than a little jarring.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: May 02, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »

Scotty Barnes and Keon Johnson are my two favorite guys in the draft for us.

I’m assuming most of our core will be back including some guys who’s contracts run out at the end of the season.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: May 02, 2021, 02:30:40 PM »

I’m assuming most of our core will be back including some guys who’s contracts run out at the end of the season.

Careful going out on that limb there : )

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: May 02, 2021, 03:03:11 PM »

Rose colored glasses have me thinking Rose, Taj, Noel, Burks, and Bullock would all come back on reasonable raises and a little security which would suit me just fine. I think that still leaves us with dough to go after a big fish, get assets for a sizable dump, and have space to sign a couple of our picks (if we make that many) to our roster.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: May 02, 2021, 03:04:10 PM »

You know, Philly has this big guy you might want to take a look at.....

So make his case......

I like my ten.

Leonard over Butler would be the possible change.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Derrick Rose = Defense Rising?
« Reply #18561 on: May 02, 2021, 03:08:25 PM »

https://www.thestrick.land/strick/why-derrick-rose-will-always-be-tom-thibodeau-favorite-point-guard

This season, per Cleaning The Glass, Rose has the best plus/minus differential on the team at +9.4 points per 100 possessions. Strangely, though, all of this value — according to the numbers — is coming on the defensive end, where the Knicks are exactly 9.4 points per 100 possessions better with Rose on the floor than off. This is by far the best mark on the roster, and more than double the defensive impact of fellow former Chicago Bull Taj Gibson, who boasts the second-best defensive differential on the team and has been a menace off the bench on that end this season.

With a reputation firmly entrenched as an offensively-minded player, this implied defensive impact is more than a little jarring.

ahhhh....statistics.

One thing there can be no doubt about - ROSE was a GREAT add.

Exec of the year?

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Derrick Rose = Defense Rising?
« Reply #18562 on: May 02, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »

ahhhh....statistics.

One thing there can be no doubt about - ROSE was a GREAT add.

Exec of the year?

Joe Biden

Made his shots count, made America healthy again, drained the swamp!

Thibs should be a lock for COY

chipstern

• View Profile
Dam[e]n Projections
« Reply #18563 on: May 02, 2021, 05:04:43 PM »

Okay. 

Lillard. 

I Love Dame.

I mean, I LOVE DAME. 

Just a great talent, a great competitor. 

A few things. 

2020-2021: $31,626,953   $43,750,000   $47,250,000   $50,750,000   $54,250,000

Last year, 2024-2025, is a player option. 

So there's that. 

Also, given the Knicks track record concering paying a premium for aged stars....Dame is going to be 31 this summer. 

Hey, D-Rose is 32, so WTF, right? 

And DL shows no overt signs of slowing down.  Westbrook is delivering for the Wiz.  Paul for the Suns.  Point taken. 

FINALLY, THERE'S THE PROJECTED PRICE, as per quoted/unnamed GMs.

Mitchell Robinson, Immanel Quickley, Obi Toppin and four #1 picks.

Fuck U

Yeah, yeah, I know plenty of Knicks fans would do that deal in a NY Minute. 

Hershel Walker anyone?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:07:55 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18564 on: May 02, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »

I dont think that gets it done

Need a more premier talent in there

Barrett

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Pass on that
« Reply #18565 on: May 02, 2021, 05:58:26 PM »

I would not be happy if we made a deal for Lillard with all those assets.  There is no urgency to do such a trade either.  Be patient.

Lillard is great.   But there is no deal to be made here.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: May 02, 2021, 06:08:04 PM »

Yeah - if badboy Stern linked to where he got the notion we could all comment

Instead he just spouts

chipstern

• View Profile
You Mean PISS ON THAT [Re: Pass on that]
« Reply #18567 on: May 02, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »

I would not be happy if we made a deal for Lillard with all those assets.  There is no urgency to do such a trade either.  Be patient.

Lillard is great.   But there is no deal to be made here.

Hey, why not toss in RJ and Julius. 

WTF

I repeat, WHAT THE FUCK is the point of getting Dame if we gut our team of all assets, all young assets, and all future draft assets. 

In the Melo Trade we gave up Gallinari, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry,  [laugh track], two #1 picks [one a swap option for Denver which they deployed to take Jamal Murray] and  pair of #2s. 

We had nothing left in the tank.  Carmelo wanted THE MONEY, and he got it, selfish jagoff, and we had ZERO talent to surround him with.  Oh, and the following season, his running mate, Amare, well, his body gave out and a regressive downslide. 

And we surrounded him with the likes of such big time Denver assets as the earthly remains of 34 year old  Chauncey Billups, whose 3-pt shooting promptly plummeted and played a lousy 21 games for us [ergo, Melo + NO PG = We Are So Fucked], that ass clown Renaldo Balkman for a second stint [IT having passed on Kyle Lowry AND Rajon Rondo to pick him], PF and career bust Shelden Williams.  We also got 24 year old Corey Brewer, a long, tall, 6'9" wing who could defend SG, SF, PF and get you 10-12 points a night....AND WE GAVE HIM THE FUCK AWAY

So the following 2011-2012 season we are 36-30, as D'Antoni realizes Melo is his boss, quits, and Mike Woodson gives us an 18-6 finish, Linsanity, Melo torpedoes him, the Earthly remains of Baron Davis and Mike Bibby at the point. 

I mean, did I say FUCK U.

I do not believe our present management team is that fucking stupid. 

But the idea that the jungle drums are beating makes me sick to my stomach. 

Other than Julius, some cagey vets in Taj and Rose, and some emerging puppies such as RJ and IQ, we are a team of role players and yet, WE ARE HEADING FOR THE PLAYOFFS. 

NO SHINY OBJECTS.  NO QUICK FIXES.  NO WIN NOW. 

How about we retain patience and remain smart AND WIN FOR THE NEXT DECADE. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: May 02, 2021, 06:54:48 PM »

We had nothing left in the tank.  Carmelo wanted THE MONEY, and he got it, selfish jagoff, and we had ZERO talent to surround him with.  Oh, and the following season, his running mate, Amare, well, his body gave out and a regressive downslide.

This is horse crap - Knicks had a pretty good cast with Carmelo - and had a nice run

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: May 02, 2021, 07:07:15 PM »

I am sure we are not getting Lillard, but he and Rose would be a handful if they played together

I'd have to limit it to THREE picks so that we could have a #1 this year
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1849