Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 919638 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22275 on: January 13, 2022, 05:00:01 PM »

Cruel

Does Knicks management have a plan for Randle and company beyond following a failed blueprint?

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-knicks-same-as-the-old-knicks-210814867.html

It's not the same at all.  That team had no youth and no picks.   This team has plenty of young players with upside and is stocked with picks.

Agree

A very specious, superficial analysis. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Really?
« Reply #22276 on: January 13, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »

PS.  Fans are going to have to reconcile themselves with the fact that one or more of the youth we've drafted recently will be moved.   I don't want to lose OBI who is my favorite Knick. But I don't want to lose RJ, I don't want to lose IQ, I don't want to lose Grimes, etc. etc. etc.

I thought your favorite was IQ.

Have you switched allegiance?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22277 on: January 13, 2022, 05:51:43 PM »

Cruel

Does Knicks management have a plan for Randle and company beyond following a failed blueprint?

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-knicks-same-as-the-old-knicks-210814867.html

It's not the same at all.  That team had no youth and no picks.   This team has plenty of young players with upside and is stocked with picks.

Agree

A very specious, superficial analysis.

yup, awful, and ignores the most salient difference: Steve Mills was given the reins in fall 2013. As long as he's not brought back for a third go-round (which you can't entirely discount in a Dolan-run universe), we have nothing to worry about.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Where Is It Written?
« Reply #22278 on: January 13, 2022, 06:17:59 PM »

Where is it written that Knicks fans must innure themselves to the team offloading youth. 

For the first time, practically since the 1960s [Komives, Bowman, Stallworth, Cazzie, Dollar Bill, Willis, Van Arsdale, Clyde, Jackson, Riordan] we have assembled a core of youth moving forward.

Now adding Reddish

NINE PLAYERS UNDER 23

RJ [21]
Quentin [21]
Deuce [21]
Immanuel [22]
Cam [22]
Luka [22]
Mitchell [23]
Obi [23]
Jericho [23]

Julius [27]
Nerlens [27]
Evan [29]

Alec [30]
Kemba [31]
Derrick [33]
Taj [36]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:20:17 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Really?
« Reply #22279 on: January 13, 2022, 06:28:31 PM »

PS.  Fans are going to have to reconcile themselves with the fact that one or more of the youth we've drafted recently will be moved.   I don't want to lose OBI who is my favorite Knick. But I don't want to lose RJ, I don't want to lose IQ, I don't want to lose Grimes, etc. etc. etc.

I thought your favorite was IQ.

Have you switched allegiance?

IQ is my girlfriend's favorite player.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Where Is It Written?
« Reply #22280 on: January 13, 2022, 06:30:34 PM »

Where is it written that Knicks fans must innure themselves to the team offloading youth. 

Think about it: you can't effectively develop 9 players at the same time.   Better to trim the bonsai tree so the best branches flourish.  Or something.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Postscript
« Reply #22281 on: January 13, 2022, 06:32:28 PM »

The Hawks were apparently petitioning for Quentin Grimes, but the Knicks held fast. 

Depending on where Charlotte finishes [Top 18 protected], a mid-first rounder and Knox for Cam Reddish is NOT YOUR OLD KNICKS. 

Hawks get a #1 pick and cap relief this summer, assuming they do not extend Knox.  How Kevin fits in with DeAndre [SF]?  Luwawu-Cabarrot [SF]?  Bogdonavich [SG]?  Huerter [SG/SF]? 

Gallinari and Jalen Johnson are mainly tasked with PF minutes. 

Reddish was getting like 23 minutes a night, which is probably what he gets here.  Hunter who has been up and down with injuries and rehab, getting like 27.  Cabbarot artound 14.  So Kevin figures to get some regular minutes. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22282 on: January 13, 2022, 06:35:59 PM »

Reddish very athletic, somewhat wild.
Somewhat akin to Burks.
ATL didn't get much for him.
I figured Reddish would be part of a bigger deal, or used to ditch Gallo.
I'd rather have Reddish than CHA's mid-round pick.
Also, weird timing as Hunter and Jalen Johnson aren't back/up-to-speed yet.

ATL's problem was too many players.
I assume they'll see Knox's horrid D and he'll get buried.
But they might give him a look to see what they got.
But I doubt they want him.  Likely to be repackaged.

I think ATL would have been better off trading the underutilized Bogdanovic and keeping Reddish.  Or moving Gallo for anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:44:47 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Postscript
« Reply #22283 on: January 13, 2022, 06:53:28 PM »

Reddish was getting like 23 minutes a night, which is probably what he gets here. 

Okay.

So whose 23 minutes?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22284 on: January 13, 2022, 06:54:58 PM »

Atlanta has been looking to move him. They were just waiting for a team to meet their price. The Knicks were the first team that did.

https://theathletic.com/3069571/2022/01/13/cam-reddish-traded-how-hell-fit-with-knicks-why-the-hawks-gave-up-on-him-right-now-and-more/?source=nbatw

Not jumping up and down over this one. Had tons of minutes in Atlanta and hasn't developed much. Doesn't bother me much though unless he eats into too many Grimes minutes.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Where Is It Written?
« Reply #22285 on: January 13, 2022, 07:16:52 PM »

Think about it: you can't effectively develop 9 players at the same time.   Better to trim the bonsai tree so the best branches flourish.  Or something.

Point Taken. 

Nor do you eat your youth as Knicks have largely been doing for 40 years. 

[Komives, Bowman, Stallworth, Cazzie, Dollar Bill, Willis, Van Arsdale, Clyde, Jackson, Riordan]

Van Arsdale > Phoenix [Expansions Draft]

Komives & Bellamy > DeBussshere

Stallworth & Riordan > Monroe

Cazzie > Lucas

SO...out of our 10 Puppies, 5 were cashed in, 1 lost in the expansion draft.

Bellamy was a Hall Of Famer, but a case of addition by subtraction, as Reed moved from PF to Center, and DeBusshere became our PF. 

With Dick Barnett getting a little long in the tooth, when Monroe came available, we exchanged two top reserves. 

Cazzie's peak season was 68-69, when he logged 33 minutes a game and averaged 18-4-2.  Was a 20 minute a night Sixth Man in our championship season, losing minutes to Bradley and Stallworth.  Cazzie was a great all around scorer, but Bradley was a better facilitator and defender. 

So, nothing is guaranteed for our puppies, but out of our 9 players under 23, we have already seen significant growth by RJ [3rd Season], IQ [2nd Season] and Mitchell [4th Season], and to a lesser extent, Obi [2nd Season] and Quentin [Rookie].  They have all attained significant rotation minutes under Thibs. 

So, NO, everyone and everything is on the table. 

But you need to deal from strength. 

The deal with Atlanta was from strength. 

Might we be looking at other deals? 

Seems likely. 

But sorry...for what it's worth [not much] giving Obi and #1 picks to Dallas for someone who is slated to be an UFA this summer?   

Right, where might the money come from? 

Other than Noah's $6.4 million? 

Good point. 

Obi > Jalen works straight up. 

Kemba would have to bring back another contract.

Adding a #1 or two? 

Nah. 

Gibson, Rose, Walker, Burks and Noel are all guaranteed for 2022-2023, come off the cap in the summer of 2023 when, coincidentally, the Dallas #1 pick comes due. 

Also, we have to fish or cut bait with Mitchell. 

So moves coming, but I don't think Leon will deal Obi. 

For Brunson, anyway. 

Lillard?  Likely out for the season.  Turns 32 this summer, and a post-serious injury recovery scenario complicates things in the unlikely event he is even in play. 

And in scanning POINT GUARDS throughout the league? 

Are we really in play for Westbrook or Wall? 

BoD, Please Pick Up The Hospitality Phone. 

Brunson, is surely tempting, but I think the best we would/could offer would be draft assets. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Whose?
« Reply #22286 on: January 13, 2022, 07:20:10 PM »

Reddish was getting like 23 minutes a night, which is probably what he gets here. 

Okay.

So whose 23 minutes?

Some of assemblage of RJ, Fournier, Burks and Grimes. 

PS: As per BoD's musings on Atlanta?  Given Trae Young's gifts, if Knox simply can spot up and shoot threes, he will get touches. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Blocked
« Reply #22287 on: January 13, 2022, 07:35:56 PM »

Atlanta has been looking to move him. They were just waiting for a team to meet their price. The Knicks were the first team that did.

https://theathletic.com/3069571/2022/01/13/cam-reddish-traded-how-hell-fit-with-knicks-why-the-hawks-gave-up-on-him-right-now-and-more/?source=nbatw

Not jumping up and down over this one. Had tons of minutes in Atlanta and hasn't developed much. Doesn't bother me much though unless he eats into too many Grimes minutes.

Les, my doggie, The Athletic site is blocked for non-subscribers.

Maybe you can copy/paste some of the article?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Blocked
« Reply #22288 on: January 13, 2022, 08:39:16 PM »

Check for a PM.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Blocked
« Reply #22289 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:11 PM »

Check for a PM.

Don't know what you mean

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 1848