Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3124 3125 [3126] 3127 3128 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1626235 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46875 on: August 11, 2020, 07:02:27 PM »

The party is showing their present and future leadership while the GOP puts forth Q.

The Trek references are thick in here today.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46876 on: August 11, 2020, 07:03:25 PM »

Has Red ever had an original thought in his life?
I cited facts.
Not thoughts.

You cited some facts and more opinions.

So, yes, the money statement was a fact. No, the quality of her campaigning was not a fact. Etc.
Only if you omit the part where she started as the Front runner and never even made it to Iowa
(Where they are still counting the caucus votes,I think)

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46877 on: August 11, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »

I cited facts.
Not thoughts.
Copied right from the RNC.
You did?
Keeping track of the campaign is much more reliable.
Stick to being the humorless pedant.  It suits you better.
Aww.  Facts are often humorless. I’ll stick with them.
They befuddle you

"Facts" like "a vast majority want MORE police in their neighborhoods," by which you meant 20%.

Too fucking funny, Ward.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46878 on: August 11, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/1310800502644837/

Cornyn tries to troll Harris today and has his head handed to him.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46879 on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46880 on: August 11, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »

I cited facts.
Not thoughts.
You did?
They befuddle you

"Facts" like "a vast majority want MORE police in their neighborhoods," by which you meant 20%.

Too fucking funny, Ward.
Nice misquote.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46881 on: August 11, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »

Good choice. Could be youth of the future. California is a hot mess but it is not her fault. Science over faith and emotions.

She’s gonna have to sell to the thirty and unders group of PoC. Leave the reliables to Uncle Joe and go get the youngns who were and are still in the streets.

It’s gonna be amazing.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46882 on: August 11, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »

The only vpotus candidate whose childhood included attending both a Baptist church and a Hindu temple.   Also,  JMO, the best looking vpotus candidate ever.   Though I'll admit Hubert Humphrey had very pinchable cheeks.
And she sews up the electoral vote in California!

Other than that Harris’ campaign skills on a national scale are flops. She entered the democrat Nomination race in January of 2019 and was tabbed a front runner but dropped out before Christmas with a whopping 3 per cent in popularity and almost an empty chest of campaign money .  Her one national “ moment” was criticizing Joe Biden for  opposing school busing in the 70’s, an issue most voters today could care less about  ( and most people back then also opposed).

She picked the wrong side in the Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings and the Trump Impeachment trial( bitterly) and by doing so is likely to fire up the GOP and independent voters much more so than the democrats. 

Even her tough stances on crime and punishment as a prosecutor will not inspire black voters.

But Joe had no choice since he wed himself to a runningmate that had to be female and black(and was reminded yesterday that to alter his priorities would be fatal to his campaign)

You know, sometimes you surprise even me.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46883 on: August 11, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »

I don’t think that’s part of the job description.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46884 on: August 11, 2020, 07:27:23 PM »

Joe definitely made the pick from a position of weakness in the face of trump’s strong polling, great economic record, and unflagging leadership in the face of the pandemic as exemplified by his return to the bunker yesterday.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46885 on: August 11, 2020, 07:32:35 PM »

The only vpotus candidate whose childhood included attending both a Baptist church and a Hindu temple.   Also,  JMO, the best looking vpotus candidate ever.   Though I'll admit Hubert Humphrey had very pinchable cheeks.

Other than that Harris’ campaign skills on a national scale are flops. She entered the democrat Nomination race in January of 2019 and was tabbed a front runner but dropped out before Christmas with a whopping 3 per cent in popularity and almost an empty chest of campaign money .  Her one national “ moment” was criticizing Joe Biden for  opposing school busing in the 70’s, an issue most voters today could care less about  ( and most people back then also opposed).

She picked the wrong side in the Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings and the Trump Impeachment trial( bitterly) and by doing so is likely to fire up the GOP and independent voters much more so than the democrats. 

Even her tough stances on crime and punishment as a prosecutor will not inspire black voters.

But Joe had no choice since he wed himself to a runningmate that had to be female and black(and was reminded yesterday that to alter his priorities would be fatal to his campaign)

Im surprised you are so naive about the democrat Veep choice 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46886 on: August 11, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »

I cited facts.
Not thoughts.
You did?
They befuddle you

Too fucking funny, Ward.
Nice misquote.

This was your original statement:
“The Police lie ALL the time”!
Why is it then that overwhelming numbers of blacks are in favor of MORE police, not fewer?

It's barely a paraphrase.

That you later modified it to fit reality doesn't change your initial position, Ward.

Not even a good try.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46887 on: August 11, 2020, 07:43:25 PM »

Im surprised you are so naive about the democrat Veep choice

I’m naive?

Come on, Son!

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/12/08/attacks-doomed-kamala-harris-but-youd-be-wise-to-remember-the-name/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46888 on: August 11, 2020, 07:43:47 PM »

Joe definitely made the pick from a position of weakness in the face of trump’s strong polling, great economic record, and unflagging leadership in the face of the pandemic as exemplified by his return to the bunker yesterday.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46889 on: August 11, 2020, 07:45:01 PM »

Red ran out of credibility before he could spend it dumping on a Democrat.

Sad.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3124 3125 [3126] 3127 3128 ... 4288