Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 937629 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Well Now...
« Reply #24405 on: July 27, 2022, 09:32:44 AM »

Lets hear that BEVERLEY deal if we dont get Mitchell.  Surely we use McBride in that one, no?  Any big targets after Mitchell?

Beverley independent of a Mitchell Deal?

My thinking was...that if Fournier, Rose, Grimes and McBride & Four #1 picks were out the door, then Beverely would constitute snarky, competitive PG depth on both sides of the ball, fitting Thibs' culture, maybe giving us a chance both to get to the playoffs AND make it out of the first round, a competitive placeholder until [presumably] Jokubaitis arrives in 2023-24.   

Brunson, Mitchell, Quickley [Beverley]
Barrett, Reddish, Hunt

HOWEVER, if we DO NOT MAKE THE MITCHELL DEAL, things will be a LITTLE CROWDED at the 1-2 & 3.   

Brunson, Rose, Quickley, McBride
Fournier, Grimes
Barrett, Reddish

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24406 on: July 27, 2022, 10:34:11 AM »

Dont care at all about a crowd.  I want winners.

Quickley in my mind is being oversold as that.

And are you really banking on more than 30/40 or so games at 20/22 minutes per from Derrick?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24407 on: July 27, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »

Hah - Derek Fisher 

In film sessions, sources say it was customary for Cambage to call out teammates, accusing them of looking her off and not targeting her. Teammates would counter that shes not sealing in the post and seldom gets back on defense when a turnover occurs. It was a conundrum that went unresolved. One ongoing team grievance is the clubs practice location. The Sparks practice at Jump Beyond Sports complex the majority of the season, and its been described as the worst practice facility in the league, sources say. Fisher and staff picked this location prior to the season to the dismay of most of the players, sources say.  An AAU team wouldnt want to play there, one player said.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:54:52 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24408 on: July 27, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »

Vanessa dont have 'nough bucks

A federal judge has ruled to combine similar lawsuits filed against Los Angeles County by Vanessa Bryant and an Orange County man whose wife and daughter were among nine people, including Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna, killed in a January 2020 helicopter crash. The lawsuits, filed by Vanessa Bryant and Christopher Chester, both allege that the L.A. County sherrifs and fire departments, among other defendants, violated their 14th Amendment rights after county employees shared photos of the crash scene in Calabasas.

Sick.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Well Now...
« Reply #24409 on: July 27, 2022, 03:03:40 PM »

if we DO NOT MAKE THE MITCHELL DEAL, things will be a LITTLE CROWDED at the 1-2 & 3.   

Fournier, Grimes
Barrett, Reddish

McBride needs to develop further, but the use of Rose and Quickley is an interesting dilemma.

Given a full camp and a summer to prep, I expect that Reddish will beat out Fournier for a starting spot, especially with the length and speed you need around Brunson to protect him defensively.

As a second shift on the perimeter, I am back and forth on whether Thibs would play Quickley, Rose, and Grimes or Quickley, Grimes, and Fournier. I think the first set would be better since Rose shoots as well as Evan and does so much more besides.

Brunson Rose McBride
RJ Quickley
Reddish Grimes Fournier
Randle Obi
Mitch Isaiah Jericho

We still have the exception left for someone who plays the 2-3-4 as a depth piece.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24410 on: July 27, 2022, 04:46:47 PM »

if we DO NOT MAKE THE MITCHELL DEAL, things will be a LITTLE CROWDED at the 1-2 & 3.   

Fournier, Grimes
Barrett, Reddish

McBride needs to develop further, but the use of Rose and Quickley is an interesting dilemma.

Given a full camp and a summer to prep, I expect that Reddish will beat out Fournier for a starting spot, especially with the length and speed you need around Brunson to protect him defensively.

As a second shift on the perimeter, I am back and forth on whether Thibs would play Quickley, Rose, and Grimes or Quickley, Grimes, and Fournier. I think the first set would be better since Rose shoots as well as Evan and does so much more besides.

Brunson Rose McBride
RJ Quickley
Reddish Grimes Fournier
Randle Obi
Mitch Isaiah Jericho

We still have the exception left for someone who plays the 2-3-4 as a depth piece.

Robinson, Randle, Reddish, Barrett, Brunson

Hartenstein, Toppin, Fournier, Grimes, Quickley/Rose/McBride

Thibs has made it clear to Reddish that he will be given nothing.

He is a good defender.

Cam needs to hang his hat on that, much as Grimes did.  Let Cam duke it out with Fournier,  and IQ fight off Rose and McBride

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24411 on: July 27, 2022, 04:59:12 PM »

Dude also shoots it a bit when he knows where the passes are coming from and he can score off cuts. My feeling is he stops Fournier more than Fournier stops him in camp and practice while being just as good moving the ball. The trick is for Cam to stay healthy. Fingers crossed on that.

I expect Rose to be our best per-minute guard once again for the third year running and once again for one reason or another not to play that many minutes.

Competition is good especially if it determines roles more than front office meddling.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24412 on: July 27, 2022, 05:01:35 PM »

Doesn't a healthy Rose get his spot back?

One of our true wild cards.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24413 on: July 27, 2022, 05:35:52 PM »

He was very deferential to Kemba. I think it is likely that Rose plays well and stays available if he is used judiciously. A regular second unit role with some scheduled rests would be ideal. It is part of why I think Fournier becomes situational or plays elsewhere. One alternative is that Rose unlocks him and he becomes a sixth man of the year candidate along with Obi.

A second line of Rose, Grimes, Fournier, Toppin, and Hartenstein would be several headaches simultaneously without giving away that much defensively. To push it even more deal in IQ.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 05:37:59 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24414 on: July 27, 2022, 05:53:46 PM »

He was very deferential to Kemba. I think it is likely that Rose plays well and stays available if he is used judiciously. A regular second unit role with some scheduled rests would be ideal. It is part of why I think Fournier becomes situational or plays elsewhere. One alternative is that Rose unlocks him and he becomes a sixth man of the year candidate along with Obi.

A second line of Rose, Grimes, Fournier, Toppin, and Hartenstein would be several headaches simultaneously without giving away that much defensively. To push it even more deal in IQ.

Yup

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24416 on: July 27, 2022, 06:39:21 PM »

Yup

Fournier is the starter.  Just one guy can supplant him.  If that happens he gets second unit (18) minutes 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24417 on: July 27, 2022, 06:50:54 PM »

I would not hate a Mitch/Hartenstein Randle/Obi RJ/Reddish Grimes/Fournier Brunson/Rose situation, though in that case I would bet on IQ to beat out either Fournier or Rose.

I would rather play with this roster than break it up over much, but the front office rarely listens to me.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24419 on: July 27, 2022, 10:35:04 PM »

I mean....I suppose it's possible.

Fournier has serious skills. I'd love for Reddish to play great, but the way you and Chip talk about sounds like wishful thinking.

Just what has he done in his NBA career so far?

I'm drawn much more to Grimes.
Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 1850