Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 44704 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1095 on: April 26, 2022, 04:49:11 PM »

My guess is sleepy Joe is the last septuagenarian for a while. He was bright and feisty as a young one. Now he just goes on fumes and in spurts. Deserves the office for all those years railroading in and listening to his constituents. Best choice at the time. A calming influence after the fireworks.

Your people would abandon you to the desert, forest, ice floe whatever. Just to get rid of your sour ass.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 26, 2022, 05:44:06 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 26, 2022, 09:32:07 PM »

When I was at the airport in Nice, France, I met a French gentleman who wanted to retire to the United States, but he was not sure where he wanted to live when he retired. After about an hour of discussion he decided that he wanted to retire in the wine country of California.

The wine country of California is a great area, and it would be a great location for the refugees from Ukraine. The refugees can join the United Farm Workers and they will be very safe.

https://www.indeed.com/q-Vineyard-l-Napa,-CA-jobs.html

UFW

https://ufw.org/

The wine country is a great spot for the refugees who want a nice peaceful place to live. And a lot of people love to get out and work in the vineyards.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 26, 2022, 10:19:20 PM »

People can charter aircraft to fly into the airport in Napa, California, from the refugee camp in Tijuana, Mexico, and from other locations...

https://www.atlanticaviation.com/location/APC

We also have Greyhound buses which run from Mexico into the United States to all locations, including to Napa, California, and to Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc, even to Kentucky, and Alaska.

https://www.greyhound.com/en

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 26, 2022, 11:08:05 PM »

The housing is expensive in the wine country, especially if you are trying to live on wages earned from working with the Farm Workers Union in the vineyards.

The secret is to share housing, you can have multiple people in an apartment.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/napa-ca/apa

The refugees can work together as a team and they can share housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 26, 2022, 11:21:11 PM »

My guess is sleepy Joe is the last septuagenarian for a while. He was bright and feisty as a young one. Now he just goes on fumes and in spurts. Deserves the office for all those years railroading in and listening to his constituents. Best choice at the time. A calming influence after the fireworks.

Your people would abandon you to the desert, forest, ice floe whatever. Just to get rid of your sour ass.

Florida.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 27, 2022, 12:12:47 AM »

I love Florida, but it is an expensive state and jobs are hard to get there.

Luee is lucky to live in Florida.

I lived on the beach in Cape Canaveral as a teen and it was awesome. I tried to go back to Florida as an adult, but the jobs were hard to get. I tried to get a job at Walt Disney World and at places all over Orlando and in Cocoa Beach, but I ran out of money before I could find a job.

Florida is beautiful with beautiful women and beautiful beaches.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 27, 2022, 12:28:56 AM »

The season is starting to warm up inside of Russia.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 27, 2022, 01:36:12 AM »

Putin has complained that NATO is waging a proxy war in Ukraine.

Poor baby. He's certainly right, though I would say that NATO's doing it with at least one fist timed behind its back.

But Lavrov's words notwithstanding, I don't think even Putin thinks there has been justification for using nukes.

Doesn't mean he won't, but if he is going to insist on telling people that he is winning, then his using nukes is problematic for more than just those on the receiving end of it.

I hope he won't, but I have no faith in him.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 27, 2022, 06:48:39 AM »

Ukraine: West should provide warplanes, says Liz Truss

British secretary has the right idea, just bypass sleepy Joe.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61239075
---------------------------------------------
Had a fun couple of years in Tampa now back in no. NJ for a while. Oh it is a cold April here.

VA is back to it's old tricks. Bonuses for Vets who die waiting for a health aide.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 27, 2022, 02:18:41 PM »

Trump killed a million Americans. A disproportionate number of deaths fell in the medical professions and among those who take care of the old. Of course this has tumble down effects on care at the VA along with the entire fucking Heath care system.

Is Kiid not in Jersey as well?

You guys could find each other and talk each other to death or at least into comas.

I hear he lives under a bridge in Camden somewhere.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 27, 2022, 04:23:44 PM »

http://tomdispatch.com/how-to-end-the-war-in-ukraine/

Some very good ideas, since we are ratcheting things up.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 27, 2022, 05:00:21 PM »

Viet nam, the wars of 9-11, the war against Isis, this author really likes to throw the guilt around. Were the same as Putin! Sounds like a Commie to me. Thing that is going to work is an all out attack on the bloodsucking Russian maniac. Must be enough destructive magic in the Nato bag of tricks.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 27, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »

Thing that is going to work is an all out attack on the bloodsucking Russian maniac.

Luee pleads for a nuclear holocaust.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1109 on: April 27, 2022, 05:21:48 PM »

Viet nam, the wars of 9-11, the war against Isis, this author really likes to throw the guilt around. Were the same as Putin! Sounds like a Commie to me. Thing that is going to work is an all out attack on the bloodsucking Russian maniac. Must be enough destructive magic in the Nato bag of tricks.

Put down the jug, gramps...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 145