Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 44684 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 10:19:12 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #766 on: May 06, 2024, 06:41:59 PM »

Bennett? Glad you asked. Roughly 15.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: Today at 10:19:42 AM »

Doh!  Forgot Fiennes.

Ralph Fiennes = 35

Schindlers List - 7

English Patient - 9

Prince of Egypt - 1

The Constant Gardener - 1

Wallace and Grommit: Curse of the Were Rabbit - 1

The Duchess - 1

The Hurt Locker - 6

The Reader - 1

Skyfall - 2

Grand Budapest Hotel - 4

Spectre - 1

No Time to Die - 1
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: Today at 10:44:02 AM »

Generally movies racking up large numbers of Oscars seems to be a more recent phenomenon.  For one thing, award categories proliferated.  Most of the high numbers (approaching or at double digits) are mid-50s or later, with GWTW the exception, and most of those cluster post-80s AFAICT.  So Bernard Hill's cohort is mainly contemporary actors of high ubiquity.  Wonder if there are other non-household word actors like Hill lurking up in the thirties.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]