Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 2733

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503699 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18945 on: October 25, 2021, 12:08:28 AM »

http://youtu.be/bZdX5Hhk9r0

The future of steel.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #18946 on: October 25, 2021, 09:53:06 AM »

Bambi and Tony

Will say this one more time:

Pumping water over the Continental Divide takes enormous energy and cost. and severely harms the ecosystem you are taking it away from.

Money better spent on (yes)  catchments,  reservoirs,  drip irrigation and other conservation methods,  shifts to dryland cropping, municipal water recycling,  home graywater systems,  xeriscaping (yard plantings that don't need watering), and coastal desalination.   

Another thing you need to realize:  rivers need to run to the sea because they carry nutrient rich sediment that feeds fisheries and shrimping etc.  Taking water from the Mississippi would hurt not only farmers along its length but also billion dollar seafood industries in the Delta and Gulf. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: October 25, 2021, 10:05:19 AM »

In today's madness from the internet, I am seeing postings of a tweet from Candace Owens who claims to have been reading through "Fauci's experiments." She then expressed horror at the treatment of monkeys in one of the experiments.

The experiment is, of course, horrifying, whether you just take her word for it or you research it.

Of course, researching it is not quite as simple as you might think for an experiment done by Fauci about acid and monkey's brains.

That's because Fauci didn't do any such experiment that I could find. I did find the set of experiments that got complained about in 2019, none of which involved Fauci - they involved NIH funding. If it was NIH, she seems to have reasoned, then Fauci must be responsible for them.

Not that she actually cares about primate research. In fact, I would wager that before somebody pointed her at these as a vector for attacking him, she would have been in favor had you asked her, but otherwise would have given it zero consideration.

As is so often the case - mock concern is solely used as an avenue of attack, whether about the situation of minorities, the well-being of children, or the medical safety of women.

The lack of sincere interest is a huge factor in why the research about the issue (whichever issue) is so shoddy and incomplete. But it sure does work the followers up into a lather, when they will forget the topic when the next "outrage" comes along.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: October 25, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »

We need high speed trains. Amtrak can have high speed trains.

Amtrak and more speed - sounds safe.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: October 25, 2021, 11:26:50 AM »

https://www.mayflower.com/finding-home

Where were people moving to this summer?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18950 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37:42 PM »

Where were the most people quitting their jobs, on a percentage basis?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/22/2059729/-The-states-where-most-people-are-quitting-their-jobs-all-seem-to-have-two-things-in-common

This is analysis of a WaPo article's info.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18951 on: October 25, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »

Folks are saying:

TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT! I aint working here no more...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: October 25, 2021, 01:20:51 PM »

DeSantis is kickstarting the klansmans trail of tears to Florida by bribing Americas most paranoid and conspiratorial cops to relocate to the drowning hellscape peninsula. The trick will be keeping them all locked down in there once they arrive.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: October 25, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/y3vmnb/these-pastors-are-telling-people-trump-is-still-president-and-are-ready-for-war

These fucks need to be sent on a forced mission to the Arctic ice shelf or the pacific garbage patch to live out their delusions in ways that will not contaminate anybody else. They are potentially deadlier than Covid or any of the other nastiness republicans like to spread.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: October 25, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »

Peters, a fifth-generation preacher based in Knoxville, Tennessee, founded the Patriot Church movement in September 2020 because he saw the country moving further and further away from its origins as a Christian nation, fueled by a perceived censorship of conservative opinion.

Exactly.

Jason Whitlock would agree.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: October 25, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »

Peters, a fifth-generation preacher based in Knoxville, Tennessee, founded the Patriot Church movement in September 2020 because he saw the country moving further and further away from its origins as a Christian nation, fueled by a perceived censorship of conservative opinion.

Exactly.

But since it was never a Christian nation, his perceptions are full of baloney.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: October 25, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »

In Missouri, a group of businesses, still frustrated by labor shortages more than three months after the state cut off the $300-a-week federal jobless checks, paid for billboards in Springfield that said:

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18957 on: October 25, 2021, 02:55:16 PM »

Here in Anaheim I have a friend who was like a nun but she got married, she spent her life in the Catholic Church, and she was a school teacher, and then she went to work for the city government here in Anaheim, she was a council woman and she was Mayor Pro Tem when 9/11 happened. Anaheim got wealthy with her in city government. She is honest, she is Christian, and she worked hard to help Anaheim to be wealthy in order to help the poor and the homeless and the children. We need more people like her. She is old and retired now, but she sure did a lot of great things for Anaheim.

And the USA has changed, when I was a kid in Oregon everyone was Christian, we had church buses that picked all of the kids up and took us to church. Here in California I went to Christian summer camps, and I worked for the Burbank YMCA as a teen at a summer camp.

Now, there are very few Christians. And the people who claim to be Christians largely are fake, and they are not true Christians, you do not see them helping the poor, and helping the homeless, and helping the fatherless, etc. I was homeless for 2 years here in California and I went hungry, I was homeless and hungry and no one helped me until I ended up in the hospital from a nervous breakdown and from exhaustion and a doctor sent me to a good Christian lady who helped me. A good Christian lady from the Philippines helped me.

The Philippines is a Christian nation, and Italy is the capital of Christian civilization with Israel.

I would love to have good Christian friends, and I would love to have all Christian neighbors, but the USA is not like it used to be.

And the music in the USA is about satan and suicide now, we need good Christian music instead. I know where a good Christian music school is in Rome, I might produce some Christian bands if I become successful, and the music students can play at my night club in Rome.

www.saintlouiscollege.eu

www.slmc.it

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

Christians are great, I want to move to a location where I have good Christian friends and neighbors and where I have a good Christian community. Right now my neighbors all speak Spanish and are Latinos, I am living in the poor part of town with the Mexican immigrants. The Latinos are Catholic, and we get along good, but we are not really close because I do not speak Spanish. And they have their Latino community, I am descended from the Cowboys and Indians, so they consider me to be a White guy, and I can never really be a part of their community like they are. I feel like everyone has a community except for the White Christian American Men.

And Trump is not a Christian, Trump is a scum-bag.

And Joel Osteen is fake, and he does not help the homeless and he does not do the things that God asks us to do in Matthew 25: 31-46.

You can see if someone is Christian or not by their actions.

We need more Christian leaders in the USA, we need to bring back the old days with the church buses for the children, we need more Christian summer camps for the children, and we need to produce Christian music, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:59:25 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18958 on: October 25, 2021, 03:23:27 PM »

PLEASE proselytize elsewhere, Tony.

There are very good reasons that we have a separation of Church and state.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18959 on: October 25, 2021, 03:35:00 PM »

Exactly.

Jason Whitlock is an asshole stuck in the sunken place.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 2733