Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 569

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120470 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4710 on: July 21, 2023, 06:26:44 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 21, 2023, 07:42:44 PM »

Jason Aldean song is attacked by Progressives.
Song soars to number One, mainly because attacks are lies.

Funny how that works.

Yknow I would almost give you the thumbs up on that, because I have heard enough country music to understand where he is coming from.  I dont think the small town ethos of looking out for each other really needs to be taken as promotion of trigger happy vigilantes.  I can see how it makes an unpleasant thud on urban ears, and I understand why some might project the xenophobia and/or racism on the lyrics, but really I dont feel every small town song needs to combed over for nasty nits.

That said I am more a Mellencamp fan when it comes to small town songs. Mellencamp drills down to some truths, while this guy seems more about fantasizing.  Also some good small town tracks from the likes of Robert Johnson, Steve Earle, and Spruce Bringsteen.

And maybe next time research the history of the town square you are shooting the damned video in, director!

The director and the Production Company must have.

The Courthouse was featured in a Runaway June music video for their 2019 song We Were Richthe 2022 Paramount holiday film Nashville Country Christmas with Tanya Tucker, and Miley Cyrus , the 2009 film "
Hannah Montana: The Movie.
Not mention a host of other backdrops over the years by local Nashville and Tennessee productions.

Maybe it is you that needs to do your homework.
Help me out here. Which of those movies had a heavily implied threat of vigilante justice as a main theme?
None

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 22, 2023, 01:01:14 AM »

That is why red panned them all on rotten tomatoes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 22, 2023, 04:16:35 PM »

Vice President Harris just commented on the importance of teaching American History to all Americans, and I agree.

I had a wonderful History Professor at AVC, Dr Marks Ellis, she now teaches at Columbia University in New York City, and she could teach History on television on Saturdays, there can be shows about Science, and about History, etc, on Public Broadcasting on Saturdays, etc.

Dr Marks Ellis is a Black woman from Haiti, and she is an expert on American History, her specialty is the Great Depression, she studied what caused the Great Depression, and she studied about the Great Depression itself, and she studied what America did after the Great Depression to make sure that another Great Depression never happens again. She is an expert on all of American History, but Professor Marks Ellis is especially well educated on the issue of the Great Depression.

We need to put our great professors onto Public Broadcasting on Saturdays, including having wonderful History professors such as Dr Marks Ellis.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 22, 2023, 04:51:55 PM »

Like it or not...in today's world a man is judged by the car he owns/drives.
, among other things.
Other things, like job/career, income, looks, height, attire etc.
Gonna own a truck for work/play, might as well go big and beautiful.
The day I saw that new Tundra '1794' on Youtube I fell in love with it.
So roomy, so country, so me.
Wouldn't fit in my garage, would cost too much to buy and run, and wouldn't fit within the car spaces at the mall, though...so I'll just have to make do with a Corolla sedan or hatch if ever I need a new car.
But if I were a tradie, on tradie income, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette then I got to see how all of the rich people lived, and Suzanne had a Rolls Royce, and a Bentley, but for everyday driving she drove a Jeep. All of the stars were driving Jeeps, Jerry Vale could drive whatever he wanted but he drove a Jeep.

What I learned from the rich people is that TIME is the most important thing you will ever have, and how you spend your time, and who you spend your time with, etc. The most valuable thing that we have is our time.

And if I was rich, I kind of like the new electric VW Bus. I have a friend who does custom sound systems and he could put a sound system in it for me.

But, I am fine with walking. In Europe they all walk. I am grateful to be able to walk. I love to get out and walk on a nice day, and we have a nice park close by, etc.

However, I think the women are going to respect me more after my poetry book is a best seller, and after my movie is winning Oscars. Then I am going to pick out the woman of my dreams, and then I will remain loyal to her until the end. I want true love, and then I want to be loyal. I want a wife to grow old with, and I want to have at least one child.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 22, 2023, 05:36:31 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 24, 2023, 03:39:12 AM »

Ohio...on the highway...
black man walking towards police officers with his hands up...when a police dog was released to attack him anyway...dog shown biting into him  furiously.
Pathetic...another outrage by cops.
Heads must roll.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:48:40 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 24, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »

Candace Owens has a video on Youtube that details the real, honest, detailed, correct history of slavery.
African Americans are shocked to learn the truth.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:58:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 24, 2023, 09:10:37 PM »

What a clown you are.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: July 24, 2023, 10:14:41 PM »

What a clown you are.
I do not know what Candace Owens video shows.
But Kamala Harris is a disgrace to America.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 25, 2023, 12:00:52 AM »

What a clown you are.

Look it up.
African Americans who watch the video realise, and say, that they'd been told  something much different.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 25, 2023, 03:22:06 AM »

I will pass. Thanks though!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 569