Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121871 times)

Holly Martins

Re: News in General
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »

People with strange and bloodthirsty beliefs can be kind of scary....

Kaaaaallllliiiiiiii!

(and RIP Leo McKern)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2022, 02:24:16 PM »

During the pandemic folks couldnt wait for travel to open up again so they could see NYC, DC and other locales.  Why do you think it would start to shrink to problematic levels at this point?  How they feel about being unsafe on their trip?  Becaue US is becoming a laughingstock?  What exactly?Not agreeing with ESPNTHREE here - but not sure you made a point initially.

People in Europe other places have a legitimate fear of being murdered while in the USA by incels with AR-15s.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2022, 02:28:06 PM »

The problem with these hearings

Jason Miller testimony, CUT quite short for TV

Jason Miller, Donald Trump s campaign spokesperson, is claiming he was taken out of context during tonight s Jan. 6 hearing.

During the hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney played a clip of Miller

I was in the Oval Office, Miller said in his deposition, a clip of which was played at Thursday s hearing.  At some point in the conversation, Matt Oczkowski, who was the lead data person, was brought on, and I remember he delivered to the President, in pretty blunt terms, that he was going to lose.
Miller is now reacting on twitter, saying that Cheney did not play the rest of the clip in which Trump disagreed with Oczkowski and believed that Oczkowski was not looking at the prospect of  legal challenges going Trumps way

Similar happened with Ivanka testimony re:  her thoughts on Bill Barr.  Would love to see/read her entire deposition but I am sure that would/will never happen

Jason Miller who knocked two mistresses and slipped abortion pills to one in a smoothie?

Yeah, I bet he says he was taken out of context.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2022, 02:37:23 PM »

We need to send the Foster Youth and the children without fathers to college for free.

We need for the poor people to have the same opportunities that the wealthy people have. And my family was well to do at one time,  and my Grandfather sent my Mother's Cousin to college to become a Pharmacist and he is pretty wealthy and he owns Cole's Village Pharmacy in Fontana, he has had a good life. But then my Grandfather died and my Grandmother's business was burned down, and then with my immediate family my Father died and my Mother was a poor widow with 3 children to raise, so I did not have anyone to send me to college when I was young. We need to give the poor people who do not have fathers and who come from poor families the same opportunities that the wealthy people have, and we need to give the Foster Youth and the children without fathers a free college education.

And right now we have a huge shortage of Psychiatrists and Doctors. We need to send the Foster Youth to college to become Psychiatrists and Doctors, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 02:54:33 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2022, 02:50:40 PM »

News Item

Republican Florida Senator Rick Scott on Monday released the latest installment in a series of television ads targeting President Joe Biden and promoting the Scott Rescue America Plan.

Joe Biden has destroyed the American  economy, it is time to be honest with the American people. Joe Biden is unfit for office and should resign

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2022, 03:10:00 PM »

News Item

Republican Florida Senator Rick Scott on Monday released the latest installment in a series of television ads targeting President Joe Biden and promoting the Scott Rescue America Plan.

Joe Biden has destroyed the American  economy, it is time to be honest with the American people. Joe Biden is unfit for office and should resign

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2022, 03:21:47 PM »

Is it true, if you watch 2000 Mules at a theater you can win one hundred boxes of Borax? 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2022, 03:39:39 PM »

I almost trained to be a Psychiatrist when I was young, I had a Professor in community college who worked at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs, his name is Dr Herd, and he made it sound like a great job. And I have family in Palm Springs and I have always loved the area. I thought about going to college in San Diego to become a Psychiatrist and then going to work at the Betty Ford Center. But college is expensive, and it would have taken a long time to become a Psychiatrist, so I decided to try to make it here in Hollywood in the Entertainment Industry. Unfortunately I did not succeed, but I tried. But, I still have my poetry book to publish and I have a movie script that I need to sell, and then I think I am just going to retire and move to Europe. If I am lucky I will be able to open a night club in Rome so that I have a good retirement. I also might make some money writing television shows and more movies, we will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2022, 03:54:43 PM »

Is it true, if you watch 2000 Mules at a theater you can win one hundred boxes of Borax?

It is the new right wing suppository cure.

If you survived Hydroxy, bleach, and your own urine, it is probably just the thing to try next.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2022, 03:57:47 PM »

News Item

Mitch just shat a turtle turd.

Do you think ward knows what the Scott Reduce America Plan is?

Oh right. Lead poison. That fool cannot read.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »

News Item

In any event, Scott was so worried about the stink of the tax-hike idea that his revised plan has 12 points rather than 11; the new one loudly advertises hatred of all taxes and includes the very dumb idea of making it even harder than it already is to avoid an economy-crushing debt default. But what interests me is the fact that he did not take the time to get rid of some of the other howlers in the original plan while he was at it. The five-year sunset on all federal laws that McConnell considered as bad as the minimum tax is still there.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/06/rick-scott-backtracks-but-his-plan-is-still-maga-madness.html

Sit down Ward, you Partisan Hack motherfucker!

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2022, 04:01:27 PM »

News Item

Mitch just shat a turtle turd.

Do you think ward knows what the Scott Reduce America Plan is?

Oh right. Lead poison. That fool cannot read.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2022, 04:05:27 PM »

During the pandemic folks couldnt wait for travel to open up again so they could see NYC, DC and other locales.  Why do you think it would start to shrink to problematic levels at this point?  How they feel about being unsafe on their trip?  Becaue US is becoming a laughingstock?  What exactly?Not agreeing with ESPNTHREE here - but not sure you made a point initially.

People in Europe other places have a legitimate fear of being murdered while in the USA by incels with AR-15s.

I dont have that fear at all

But I remember you - you were among the many here who trembled in fear after the 9/11 attacks.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2022, 04:21:52 PM »

The republican party is a race riot in furtherance of wire fraud.

It explains what Rick Scott is doing so near the top when he should clearly be under a prison somewhere.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6/13/2103939/-Jan-6-committee-follows-the-money-builds-fraud-case-against-Trump-and-team-in-the-Big-Ripoff

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 577