Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121869 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2820 on: February 19, 2023, 12:28:59 PM »

Misinformation and lies that come from out of state, from people who pretend to care about "our farms."

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/18/1154867064/solar-power-misinformation-activists-rural-america
Nothing in that report can be construed as lies unless you subscribe to the theory that people who disagree with you are misinforming you.
In Crawford County, Ohio this fall voters, after two and a half years of legal battles, voted down a planned Wind Farm on farmland, 3-1.

The people who care the most about farm land are the farmers who work in them.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: February 19, 2023, 01:47:20 PM »

Gordon Smith of Oregon is a Republican and former Senator of Oregon who is a Billionaire from frozen vegetables.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_H._Smith

Farmers can get rich if they are smart, and then they can help other people and give back as Gordon Smith has done.

Some of the Cattle Ranchers who my Father used to sell Hay to were Billionaires. There are some wealthy Cattle Ranchers.

Farmers and Ranchers can get wealthy, and then they can give back and help others. And hippy communes that do Farming and Ranching can be successful communes.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 01:49:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 19, 2023, 03:27:29 PM »

I am pretty sure Bambu is just yanking our chains.

Lucky you weren't 'totally sure' and bet a lot of money on it. lol

You can't make this stuff up...and anyway, don't have to...to demonstrate why I would need to be well-armed and ready wherever I lived/went in America.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/adam-simjee-shot-to-death-protecting-his-girlfriend-mikayla-paulus-in-alabama-forest-shootout

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/11/alabama-women-lured-driver-death-university-of-cosmic-intelligence

Two women allegedly lured a driver to death. They may be part of a fringe sect

Police said that they disarmed Pinkins' son after the five-year-old approached with a loaded shotgun.
Well then I think that for every "guns are really great and everybody should/must own one or several" article you link to, you should also link to a story about a kiid killing himself, a friend or a sibling "accidentally" with a gun.  You know, collateral damage stuff.

And if "[e]very man, and especially every woman in America should wear and carry guns with them at all times" how do we keep those guns out of the hands of the "[c]razy kidnappers/killers/rapists/violent thieves...waiting to prey on 'sitting duck' victims"?

You can't...the bad people will always have guns, bought on the black market, stolen etc.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 19, 2023, 04:22:46 PM »

Oh.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 19, 2023, 06:08:18 PM »

Misinformation and lies that come from out of state, from people who pretend to care about "our farms."

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/18/1154867064/solar-power-misinformation-activists-rural-america
Nothing in that report can be construed as lies unless you subscribe to the theory that people who disagree with you are misinforming you.
In Crawford County, Ohio this fall voters, after two and a half years of legal battles, voted down a planned Wind Farm on farmland, 3-1.

Actually read the article.   Outside groups are spreading misinformation on wind and solar power to get people to pressure county boards to reject installations that would HELP farmers and ranchers who are struggling.  The article makes clear the misinformation, and outright false statements these groups are promoting.  The farmer at the center of the story was underscoring this problem.  Please make a good faith attempt to understand articles posted here.   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 19, 2023, 06:11:48 PM »

At this time when everyone is changing over to clean energy, it is important for the people to own their own source of electricity. We do not need to be slaves to Thomas Edison anymore. In Anaheim we the citizens of the City of Anaheim own our power company. We also own the water company. And out in the desert my Mother has solar with modern batteries and she loves her system, she has a nice house out in the desert with a swimming pool, and she runs a giant climate control unit for her home and it is all cheap because she has solar panels on her roof. We do not need to pay huge amounts of money to Edison anymore, we can own our own power. Even if it costs an initial investment then it is worth it for the people to take control of their own power companies, and also own their own water companies.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 19, 2023, 08:08:27 PM »

Oh.

If I lived in America I would have to negotiate the system as it is now...which is that the bad people are armed and have no hesitation in attacking the good people using their legal or illegal guns...in home invasions, in national parks, in streets anywhere and everywhere.

They'll dress up in bandages, pretend that they can't get the couch into the back of their van without help.
They will ask you very charmingly if you can help...
..."thank you...you get into the van up the other end, and I'll do the heavy pushing, you just guide it.
["I'll  push you up against the front wall, trap you, shut the doors, take you home to my place, put you in the hole, then make a dress out of you"...
"Bill Skins Fifth"  - Silence of the Lambs.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 19, 2023, 08:15:39 PM »

Oh.

Just out of curiosity, what's the leading cause of children's death in Australia?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 08:23:54 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 19, 2023, 08:38:17 PM »

Actually read the article. 
I did
  Outside groups are spreading misinformation on wind and solar power to get people to pressure county boards to reject installations that would HELP farmers and ranchers who are struggling.  The article makes clear the misinformation, and outright false statements these groups are promoting.  The farmer at the center of the story was underscoring this problem.  Please make a good faith attempt to understand articles posted here.
Misinformation? Not true if YOU read the article.
Facts and Misinformation are interpretive by what a person believes.
Ask Hillary.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 19, 2023, 08:43:27 PM »

Oh.

Just out of curiosity, what's the leading cause of children's death in Australia?

Land transport accidents in ages 1-14.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 19, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »

Oh.

Cirrhosis

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 19, 2023, 08:48:23 PM »

Oh.

Land transport accidents in ages 1-14.
Oh.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 19, 2023, 10:17:49 PM »

I do not think you can get more than a negligee set out of Bambi. I could not see anyone harvesting  enough for a full dress.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 19, 2023, 10:47:40 PM »

Actually read the article. 
I did
Liar.
  Outside groups are spreading misinformation on wind and solar power to get people to pressure county boards to reject installations that would HELP farmers and ranchers who are struggling.  The article makes clear the misinformation, and outright false statements these groups are promoting.  The farmer at the center of the story was underscoring this problem.  Please make a good faith attempt to understand articles posted here.
Misinformation? Not true if YOU read the article.
Liar
Facts and Misinformation are interpretive by what a person believes.
Ask Hillary.
Bizarre fixation pops up anew.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 20, 2023, 02:00:25 PM »

A Catholic Bishop was murdered in Los Angeles on Saturday.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/arrest-made-in-slaying-of-los-angeles-bishop-david-oconnell-report/

This was a good Bishop who helped refugees and new immigrants to get comfortable and situated here in Los Angeles as they came here from other places.

So sad. Even the Catholics need security now, security cameras, guard dogs, and security guards to protect the churches such as Notre Dame in France, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 577