Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 593

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132338 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6195 on: October 29, 2023, 01:24:23 PM »

There's talk online that the US govt is going to draft young men into the military again.
With everyone being equal, why only young men and not young women.

If all males, and all females, of all races and religions, of all occupations, are not drafted then it's total discrimination against those who are drafted.

Almost all men who are 18 to25 years old and live in the United States must register for Selective Service.

This includes:

U.S. citizens (U.S. born, dual citizens, and naturalized)
U.S. citizens who live outside of the country
Immigrants (legal permanent residents and undocumented immigrants)
Refugees and asylum seekers
Transgender people who were assigned male gender at birth
People with disabilities

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: October 29, 2023, 04:45:51 PM »

There's talk online that the US govt is going to draft young men into the military again.
With everyone being equal, why only young men and not young women.

If all males, and all females, of all races and religions, of all occupations, are not drafted then it's total discrimination against those who are drafted.

Almost all men who are 18 to25 years old and live in the United States must register for Selective Service.

This includes:

U.S. citizens (U.S. born, dual citizens, and naturalized)
U.S. citizens who live outside of the country
Immigrants (legal permanent residents and undocumented immigrants)
Refugees and asylum seekers
Transgender people who were assigned male gender at birth
People with disabilities

Not women too.
So much for equality.

Only "toxic masculinity" people have to register.   LOL

Women get special treatment...obviously...not forced to do anything.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: October 29, 2023, 08:47:53 PM »

Nobody who matters has discussed resurrection of the draft

Maybe someone's testing the waters. :)

No need for a draft anyway...cannon fodder troops is oh so "yesterday".
As mommy dearest told a younger bambu..."The next war will be 'one flash and you're ash'".

300 million Americans in their homes, heavily armed, expertly trained, ready and willing to slaughter any invading armies...good for national defence...better than any draft.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: October 29, 2023, 09:03:04 PM »

And for shooting kids!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: October 29, 2023, 09:13:00 PM »

Ron DeSantis lax gun stance leads to a mass shooting in Tampa to the surprise of no one.

Our silver lining is that Bambu is too terrified to visit the US.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: October 29, 2023, 10:31:46 PM »

Ron DeSantis lax gun stance leads to a mass shooting in Tampa to the surprise of no one.

Our silver lining is that Bambu is too terrified to visit the US.

The most terrifying thing is that I would basically have to throw $35 of every $100 of my money away in the process.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: October 30, 2023, 12:21:27 AM »

Bambu, I was just looking, and it is only $150 to ride a Greyhound Bus from Los Angeles to New York City...

https://www.greyhound.com/en-us/bus-from-los-angeles-to-new-york

You can spend a couple of weeks in Los Angeles seeing Hollywood and the museums and studios, etc, and the beaches, etc, and then ride Greyhound across the nation getting to see the whole USA as you travel across the nation, and then you can spend a couple of weeks in New York seeing Broadway and the Russian Tea Room, and Central Park, and the Statue of Liberty, and the Metropolitan Opera, etc. Give yourself 6 weeks to come see L.A. then see the whole nation as you travel by Greyhound from one coast to the other coast and then spend a couple of weeks in New York. If money were no object, you could stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel in a Bungalow like Howard Hughes while in Los Angeles, they call it the "Pink Palace" as the hotel is famously painted pink. I do not know where to stay in New York, I will have to learn.

https://www.dorchestercollection.com/los-angeles/the-beverly-hills-hotel/rooms-suites/beverly-hills-bungalow-suite

Maybe some of the people on here from New York can recommend cool hotels to stay at in New York City.

Here is a hotel on Mulberry Street, in Manhattan, that sounds like a safe hotel, and it is $200 per night.

https://www.hotelmulberry.com/

By the way, when I went to the Beverly Hills Hotel to apply for a job then Hugh Hefner was there that day, it was cool, Hef used to hang out at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 12:55:37 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: October 30, 2023, 03:01:35 AM »

I heard that Little Italy in NYC is getting smaller, while China Town is growing by leaps and bounds.

We still have Italians coming to the USA but I think a lot of them are coming to California now, the Italians love San Diego, etc.

Meanwhile, San Bernardino, California looks like a wasteland, after having been beautiful in the 1950s. Maybe we can invite the Chinese to have an enclave in San Bernardino to help to save San Bernardino. Real Estate is cheap in San Bernardino by California standards, and they can work to improve the schools, etc. There is the California State University in San Bernardino, and they have other schools. The Chinese are welcome to come to San Bernardino and to help to save the city. The most powerful politician in the region is Sabrina Cervantes who is a Democrat. The people from the Philippines are also welcome to help to save San Bernardino, and the city can also expand trade with Mexico, etc. San Bernardino needs helpers.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: October 30, 2023, 03:26:59 AM »

A new trade center is being built in San Bernardino County and Mexico is our number one trade partner, the refugees from Ukraine, and also the Chinese, and Filipinos, and others, and Russians, and others, can join the Teamsters and they can drive trucks, and they can ship goods all over the USA on a trucking and rail network.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-mexico-china-us-trade-opportunity/

The Chinese, and the Filipinos, and the people from Ukraine, and the Russians, are all welcome to help to save San Bernardino, California.

And the California State University in San Bernardino can help to organize and aid improvement in San Bernardino, along with help from Sabrina Cervantes, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: October 30, 2023, 03:57:18 AM »

I keep getting an error message 1016.
My time here could be shortlived, by things out of my control.
I deleted duck duck go browser from my device and reloaded it.
That works for now.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Message said something about this site being in/on 'cloudfare' or something.
exelba worked fine, but it seems to have been closed.
Could this site be moved to that platform?

Oh well, such is life, not everything that should be simple is.

If this forum doesn't work out,..... looks like I could be blocked from here by the cloudfarians and their "error 1016" .....I'll be at US Message Boards.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 06:16:47 AM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: October 30, 2023, 04:13:21 AM »

I keep getting an error message 1016.
My time here could be shortlived, by things out of my control.
I deleted duck duck go browser from my device and reloaded it.
That's worked for now.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Message said something about this site being in/on 'cloudfare' or something.
exelba worked fine, but it seems to have been closed.
Could this site be moved to that platform?

Oh well, such is life, not everything that should be simple is.

If this forum doesn't work out,..... looks like I could be blocked from here by the cloudfarians and their "error 1016" .....I'll be at US Message Boards.

Firefox works for me just fine, here is a link for the Firefox Browser...

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: October 30, 2023, 04:39:39 AM »

Thanks Tony.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: October 30, 2023, 04:45:59 AM »

Thanks Tony.

You are welcome. I hope you can stay, you are a very important part of Elba.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: October 30, 2023, 05:02:58 AM »

Anaheim is rich because of Disneyland and also from having sports teams and stadiums, and a convention center, etc. We receive 50,000 new tourists every new day and they all come here and spend money. The tourists sleep in the hotels, and they eat at the restaurants, etc.

Vegas has Tourism too.

And the USA has Hoover Dam, which provides water and power for a huge number of people, plus it supports agriculture, etc. The USA has benefited from dams.

And we need to build new libraries and bookstores, etc, and here we even have an old fashion record store, they have vinyl, and DVDs, and CDs, etc. The name of the store is "For Your Entertainment" and these wonderful stores need to be in every neighborhood. And the bands and the movie studios and everyone makes money from the Entertainment stores. We can sneak educational videos into the Entertainment stores. I have bought DVDs on History for example, we have entertainment that teaches us.

I look forward to seeing New York City someday. I love Florida, and I am sure New York is great, Florida is full of New Yorkers. New York is amazing with 8.2 million people, New York is the largest city in the USA. I have had a lot of friends and bosses from New York, and I love the Italians, and I love the Jews, and I love the Chinese, I will be fine in New York. I might even go listen to some jazz in Harlem like Sinatra used to do. I am sure that New York is a great City.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: October 30, 2023, 06:26:07 AM »

Mrs bambu loved New York City...she and her small travel group walked everywhere.
Winter it was.
A true winter wonderland, just like in the movies.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 593