Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 936407 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5505 on: April 29, 2019, 05:01:51 AM »

Nuff said...

*** actually, not enough said. Harden's move is potentially as dangerous to Draymond Green as Pachulia's 3 foot forward slide was to Kawhi. Calling an offensive foul on the shooter for putting your legs through the defender's crotch and into the defender's landing area would put an end to this crap instantly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:03:23 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: April 29, 2019, 06:34:43 AM »

Not sure why they don't call an offensive foul on the push-offs, but they didn't all year.  Trier was a beneficiary, as he loves the off-arm push-off.  I recall him getting called once or twice for it.

I dislike all the foul-hunting the modern game has become, with Harden a major practitioner. 

Dray came forward somewhat, but safely away from the normal landing area for that shot.  Agree that Harden could have been called for 2 O-fouls on that play.

All the endgame controversy obscures the botch by Durant.  Up 3 16 secs left or so, catches the inbounds pass and stays still facing away from his halfcourt.  Doesn't try to dribble or pass or seem to have any plan.  Apparently waiting for a double team or foul. 

CP3 pokes the ball away (I could hear Clyde telling a Big to hold the ball high).  Durant has always been prone to mental lapses in the clutch.  While CP3 has been prone to overamp the intensity and make mistakes.  Here he got the steal and then the rebound -- both terrific.  But then things got a bit weird.  Klay might have fouled him, I didn't see any good/close replay.  But CP3 got too intense.  Both of these guys clutch tendencies have hurt their teams in the past.  CP3 with two terrific plays and then things went wrong.  Came close to salvaging the game.
But a bad play/nonplay from KD.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:03:43 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
A Very Mellow Contract . . .
« Reply #5507 on: April 29, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »

Btw, Durant starts next season turning 31 at the end of Sept.
So he really can't afford to join a rebuilding young team.  he needs to pair up with some superfriends, or stay put.

His 3Pt% this season was league average and just about a career low (just 35.3%, after 42% last year).  And these are shots he gets playing with all-stars and very good passers.  His blocks were near a career low as well.  Rebounds career low except for his rook season.  Slippage?  Sign of things to come?  Or merely noise and part of the unique situation playing on GSW?
His assists, otoh, were at a career high.

Next contract for Durant takes him from age 31 to 34 or 35.
The extra year if he signs with GS.
His max would start at $38M and rise to nearly to $44M in Y4.

So signing with GSW, KD can make $7M more the first 4 years (bigger raises), and also get a 5th year at a whopping $50M in his age 35 season.  Yikes.  I'll just say, the market rate is 4 years, and that 5th year will likely be a complete albatross.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: April 29, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »

Well..... refs agreed on the particular Harden play, as did I

But I am not sure it was called as the rule is written, which is what has upset James and Coach D.

Still............PAUL was fouled.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: April 29, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »

Mother Tucker had a definite rough time.  5 fouls, 0 points.
Even once he had a wide open 3, mid 3Q I think, and passed off.
Yet, a team high +9.
Similarly, Shump seemed like a warm body and nothing more (3 points, 4 fouls), but was +3.
Nene +7 and showed some skills.

I was looking to get a suit made last week, and at two of the tailor shops in the big market, they had pics of the staff with Nene up on the wall.  One of those shops also had snaps of Anthony Davis and Alvin Gentry, who they said was very funny and friendly.
Wonder if they charge extra for enormously large individuals?  I would think so.

Down the stretch, Harden got some friendly calls.
Down 4, just under 2 mins left, Harden drove, bumped Iggy, Looney blocked the shot, but Iggy was called for a phantom foul.    40 secs left, Klay got called for a foul on a Harden drive.  Looked like good D to me.  So there were 4 FT's for HOU/Harden on questionable calls within the last 2 mins.

It was an oddly disjointed, choppy game.  Lot of weird turnovers, like guys stepping out of bounds or losing the ball out of bounds for no reason.  Once a pass just hit Klay in the chest and bounced away as he wasn't ready.

No one seemed sharp except Dray in the 1st half.
GSW took some poor shots in the endgame.
A contested 18' step back from Durant?
Scurry's 25' bomb over Nene with 25 secs left went in and was the difference, but wasn't what I'd want to see then.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: April 29, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »

What I really hate — with all the new protect-the-shooter focus, aside from removing "the art formerly known as defense" from the game, is that it puts even more of the outcome in the hands of the refs. The game should be moving in the other direction entirely. The penalty for faking and flopping should be ejection, or better yet, execution. Harden should NEVER EVER get a call. Harden wants fair play? His whole game is predicated on unfair play. If he suddenly evaporated from the Earth, the NBA would be a 10 percent better place immediately. Still, there is nothing quite like the pleasure of watching him implode when anything counts, so I guess I will just sit back and enjoy once again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:51:46 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: April 29, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »

Jokes of capital punishment aside, you make a pretty good case, Les, that it shouldn't be a foul. I didn't think so watching the game, but I'm convinced now.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: April 29, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

For the player points pool I suppose I need to pick a one point guy to replace D Russell.

I will work on that before tomorrow (obviously I cant choose a Raptor or Sixer, since they strated round 2 already)

I say you can, as the first round didn't end until the following game. But you won't find a better pick than Gary Harris, I'm thinking. Let me know if you want to change. Here are the new prices (and McConnell was meant to be McCollum, my mistake, hope that's obvious):

$8: Giannis, Curry, KD

$7: Harden, Kawhi, Embiid,

$6: Klay, Lillard, Jokic, Kyrie, Butler, (PG13)

$5: Tobias, Middleton, J Murray,  McCollum

$4: B Simmons, Lowry, Bledsoe, CP3, Siakam, Draymond, (Westbrook), (Mitchell)

$3: Capela, JJ Redick, Tatum, (Bojan)

$2: Everyone else, (Derozan, Aldridge, D’Angelo, Adams, Sweet Lou)

I should replace my Adams with Gary Harris, but don't want to steal your good idea. So I'll take Millsap. And Westbrook becomes Siakam.

Are we working out of our change or do we replace the bucks for the guy not moving forward?

If I’m going cheap, Wil Barton Sterling Brown , Iggy, and Mo Harkless

You can replace Spider Mitchell for one of the $4 guys above, Derozan for a $2 guy (ie unnamed guy, so maybe of your three above), PG13 for a $6 guy. Let me know who you take and I will post the scores.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: April 29, 2019, 01:00:13 PM »

I should replace my Adams with Gary Harris, but don't want to steal your good idea. So I'll take Millsap. And Westbrook becomes Siakam.

I already have Siakam. Make that Draymond.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: April 29, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »

For the player points pool I suppose I need to pick a one point guy to replace D Russell.

I will work on that before tomorrow (obviously I cant choose a Raptor or Sixer, since they strated round 2 already)

I say you can, as the first round didn't end until the following game. But you won't find a better pick than Gary Harris, I'm thinking. Let me know if you want to change. Here are the new prices (and McConnell was meant to be McCollum, my mistake, hope that's obvious):

$8: Giannis, Curry, KD

$7: Harden, Kawhi, Embiid,

$6: Klay, Lillard, Jokic, Kyrie, Butler, (PG13)

$5: Tobias, Middleton, J Murray,  McCollum

$4: B Simmons, Lowry, Bledsoe, CP3, Siakam, Draymond, (Westbrook), (Mitchell)

$3: Capela, JJ Redick, Tatum, (Bojan)

$2: Everyone else, (Derozan, Aldridge, D’Angelo, Adams, Sweet Lou)

Are we working out of our change or do we replace the bucks for the guy not moving forward?

If I’m going cheap, Wil Barton Sterling Brown , Iggy, and Mo Harkless

You can replace Spider Mitchell for one of the $4 guys above, Derozan for a $2 guy (ie unnamed guy, so maybe of your three above), PG13 for a $6 guy. Let me know who you take and I will post the scores.

I’ll take Lowry as my $4 for Mitchell and Lillard for my $6, and keep Iggy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: April 29, 2019, 02:29:20 PM »

What I really hate — with all the new protect-the-shooter focus, aside from removing "the art formerly known as defense" from the game, is that it puts even more of the outcome in the hands of the refs. The game should be moving in the other direction entirely. The penalty for faking and flopping should be ejection, or better yet, execution. Harden should NEVER EVER get a call. Harden wants fair play? His whole game is predicated on unfair play. If he suddenly evaporated from the Earth, the NBA would be a 10 percent better place immediately. Still, there is nothing quite like the pleasure of watching him implode when anything counts, so I guess I will just sit back and enjoy once again.

They let em play last night.  The refs were consistent in not calling that foul.  You should be pleased.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: April 29, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »

NBA report said Klay didn't foul CP3 at the end.  And when I saw a reverse-angle replay it looked like Klay was there, and no foul.  But they said that Scurry fouled Gordon, bumping him out of bounds or whatever.  A lot going on and the refs prefer not to make a bailout call late.  I didn't see another replay to see any Scurry-Gordon contact.  But these reports are a bit silly.  In the moment, it's best to let the players play, unless a clear foul, and the last minute or two is officiated a bit differently. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: April 29, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »

I think the NBA should make no further comments about the officiating unless it's to tell the players to shut up and play basketball.  And that means getting rid of the last two minute thing and releasing reports that "this or that" should have been called.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: April 29, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »

NBA report said Klay didn't foul CP3 at the end.  And when I saw a reverse-angle replay it looked like Klay was there, and no foul.  But they said that Scurry fouled Gordon, bumping him out of bounds or whatever.  A lot going on and the refs prefer not to make a bailout call late.  I didn't see another replay to see any Scurry-Gordon contact.  But these reports are a bit silly.  In the moment, it's best to let the players play, unless a clear foul, and the last minute or two is officiated a bit differently.

It would have been Curry's 6th foul.  To add insult, Curry then went on to point at the out of bounds line (after being the reason for the out of bounds and getting away with non getting ejected).   

These reports would matter if there was some retroactive penalty in the playoffs.  Like Houston should start next game with a technical free throw and possession.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: April 29, 2019, 07:14:43 PM »

I think the NBA should make no further comments about the officiating unless it's to tell the players to shut up and play basketball.  And that means getting rid of the last two minute thing and releasing reports that "this or that" should have been called.

Donaghy
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1850