Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 935689 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5565 on: May 03, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »

2014 draft was rather weird:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2014.html
Wiggins 1 then Jabari 2.
Ahead of Embiid (#3)
Exum 5th; Smart 6th
Stauskas #8;  Vonleh #9, Elfrid 10, McDermott 11.
Aaron Gordon 4 and Jules Randle 7.

4 Starting Foreign C's:
Embiid 3; Nurkic 16; Capela 25; JOKIC 42

Knix took Cleanthony Early #34
Missing out on Dinwiddie #38; Jerami Grant 39; Jokic 41; Dwight Powell 45; Jordan Clarkson 46.

Interestingly, Jokic would have been a perfect Triangle 5-man.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Willful Blindness
« Reply #5566 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »

Kam(s)ter, I don’t know what’s doing it to you, either love of Erdogan or hatred of Kanter, but you may be losing it.

A dictator suppresses any non-negative information about a real or perceived political opponent, no matter how banal that information.

PS. Enes says hello 👋

You're obsessed with someone who isn't on the squad.    You openly root for him to do well.  He sucked here as a teammate/mentor and openly undermined the coach. He never bought into a team mindset. After one game not playing he went right to the media.... not his coach... to air his anger that his All-Star bid would be hurt!* He wasnt worth the cap hold it would take to keep him here. We were never going to negotiate with him. He was absolutely never ever whatsovever part of any long term plan here.  The plan was max space in free agency.  That meant it was pretty sillyto get attached to a guy just passing through.  Yeah i liked him at first as this jovial personality we haven't had since Robin Lopez. But when he became a pain in the ass i soured on him. I'm a Knick fan.   He trashed the team.  You have misplaced loyalty or are just loyal to trying to prove yourself right.  So... not much of a fan.

PS The Knicks say "WTF carlos"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

* He wasn't getting the Turkish votes - that much is certain
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:05:25 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: May 03, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »

Kam(s)ter, I don’t know what’s doing it to you, either love of Erdogan or hatred of Kanter, but you may be losing it.

A dictator suppresses any non-negative information about a real or perceived political opponent, no matter how banal that information.

PS. Enes says hello 👋

Why do you care so much about THIS dictator?  All of a sudden he's the poster boy for politically correct sports fandom.  That's pretty convenient, this until now hidden passion for Turkish politics.  I must've missed all those pre-Kanter posts you made about Turkey.  (Lost in the purge - alas) 

Re: Erdogan/Turkey/Kanter IDGAF i have mullahs to ignore.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:02:40 PM by Kam »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: May 03, 2019, 11:21:23 PM »

You continue to clown yourself to a degree to which few humans have ever clowned themselves :).

** like more than just forum laughingstock of the year, more like forum laughingstock of the ever!

***and that means beating out the legendary Phil5c, a feat long-thought scientifically impossible
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:26:42 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: May 03, 2019, 11:36:58 PM »

You continue to clown yourself to a degree to which few humans have ever clowned themselves :).

** like more than just forum laughingstock of the year, more like forum laughingstock of the ever!

***and that means beating out the legendary Phil5c, a feat long-thought scientifically impossible

I proudly accept the nomination.
  Do we have a second?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: May 03, 2019, 11:40:04 PM »

PS The Knicks say "WTF carlos"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

* He wasn't getting the Turkish votes - that much is certain

Kam(s)ter, Enes and I love u too 💕
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: May 04, 2019, 12:44:41 AM »

Interestingly, Jokic would have been a perfect Triangle 5-man.

How did Phil miss on the Joker?

And if Phil takes him there do we ever draft KP?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: May 04, 2019, 12:50:43 AM »

PS. Enes says hello 👋

Its like when you stalk your ex-Girlfriend's facebook page to see the negative stuff she says about you.

Enes should move on already.   

I love you too boo.  But you and Lester need to let go.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: May 04, 2019, 01:17:10 AM »

PS. Enes says hello 👋

Its like when you stalk your ex-Girlfriend's facebook page to see the negative stuff she says about you.

Enes should move on already.   

I love you too boo.  But you and Lester need to let go.

Oh Lord!!! Look who’s talking. U really funny 🤣
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: May 04, 2019, 02:38:31 AM »

56 minutes for EK tonight.....heckuva game, crazy game....

*** the irony... 56 is exactly kam's IQ
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: May 04, 2019, 03:39:57 AM »

That air ball to end the second OT.  That’s your man crush.  Coming up short.  Like your Father. Yeah I said it, your pops was short. SHOTS FIRED!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: May 04, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »

So 2 interesting playoff games, and the forum is stuck on a Kanter smackdown . . .

I didn't think MIL could win with Bled not playing well.  But Hill scored off the bench.  Connaught was also very solid.
I only saw 2 & 4Q's, so missed MIL taking the lead with a 40 Pt 3Q.  BOS starters all scored well, so the story seemed to be their sluggish D. 

Bucks got shaky in the end.  Up 14 with 5 then 4 mins left they kept fouling, letting BOS score without using much clock.  Finished as a 7 pt game, and MIL needs to cure that inexperience if they face a tight endgame.

New Poll:
Kyrie Irving--
- Leader?
- Overrated Bum?

Irving has terrific 1-on-1 skills, but he also puts in these blah low-impact games.  Again, I only saw half the game.  4Q, MIL was hunting Kyrie out and feasting on his weak D.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:21:51 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: May 04, 2019, 10:06:30 AM »

So 2 interesting playoff games, and the forum is stuck on a Kanter smackdown . . .

I didn't think MIL could win with Bled not playing well.  But Hill scored off the bench.  Connaught was also very solid.
I only saw 2 & 4Q's, so missed MIL taking the lead with a 40 Pt 3Q.  BOS starters all scored well, so the story seemed to be their sluggish D. 

Bucks got shaky in the end.  Up 14 with 5 then 4 mins left they kept fouling, letting BOS score without using much clock.  Finished as a 7 pt game, and MIL needs to cure that inexperience if they face a tight endgame.

New Poll:
Kyrie Irving--
- Leader?
- Overrated Bum?

Irving has terrific 1-on-1 skills, but he also puts in these blah low-impact games.  Again, I only saw half the game.  4Q, MIL was hunting Kyrie out and feasting on his weak D.

the Celts-Bucks was decided in the 3rd qtr.

Bucks/GF contiunually attacked the rim and was rewarded.

and Celts lost their compsure and focus late in the 3rd

4th qtr was largely book-keeping and make-up calls

don't let the scoreboard fool you, that was an ass-kicking
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 10:14:08 AM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »

Caught a replay.
3Q, Anti-Greek kept barreling into folks and getting FT's.
Stevens tried Olejeyi (whatever his name is), but he just fouled  non-stop.  But it was a 1 pt game when AuntieGreek sat around the 4:30 mark, and George Hill ran amuck and got the Bucks a 7 point lead.
Hill was fantastic, really the difference.
When Greek came back around the 2 min mark, MIL extended the lead.
Did seem Celts lost focus.
I didn't like how Kyrie played for himself instead of instigating team play.

Ilya made a few timely plays in the 3Q (also missed one easy layup off a nice feed).  My 4Q take-away was how shaky the Buckos were on holding on to their lead.  Didn't play smart by fouling like crazy stopping the clock.  Lucky it was a solid 14 point lead they were defending.  This is the playoffs, and these Bucks haven't been deep before.

Hill was terrific.  Missing Brog, and with Bled not playing well, Hill was really key.  Of course it would have been interesting to see Smart defending Hill, instead of Kyrie.  Injuries always a drag in the playoffs.  Brogdon might be back soon ...

Jaylen played real well, but got hit with a number of minor fouls.  His 5th foul was ticky-tack, but he had just gotten his 4th right before, and there was no reason to press up on Bled 27 feet out with nothing happening.  Need to play smarter and more careful with 4 fouls.  Seemed like Tatum couldn't knock down a 3 and it took him out of his game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: May 04, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »

Siakim might have injured himself intentionally tripping Embiid, and might miss G4.  Something like an Amare and fire extinguisher stupid moment.

I've certainly made a number of anti-Erdogan posts here.
Basically, he's imitated Putin.  Probably Erdogan's nastiest move was restarting the dirty war v. the Turkish Kurds because the Kurdish parties were able to block him from rewriting the Constitution, which he needed to pull the switch to a Presidential system, consolidating power and avoiding term limits.  Right out of the Putin playbook.   
Putin similarly used the brutal civil war v. Chechnya to up his popularity.

They both run a similar kleptocracy.  When it became clear Turkey was selling "illegal" Iraqi oil (from the Kurdish territory), it was Erdogan's son-in-law benefiting.  Erdogan has outlawed most Kurd political parties, closed almost all independent news outlets, locked up many journalists and many Kurdish politicians.  A nasty authoritarian who doesn't tolerate opposition and readily throws opponents in jail. 

No wonder Putin and Erdogan get along well these days.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1849