Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 924794 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Further chapters
« Reply #13605 on: October 03, 2020, 09:19:51 PM »

Senator Ron Johnson

Anybody counting...? Talk about a blow out finish to the tour! Yippppppeee aye aaaaay.............

Every story like this, involving assaults on security, ethics, honesty, legality, norms, and common sense since the advent of trumpistan, the republican junta paradise, has emerged like an iceberg with only ten percent initially visible above the waves.

Sloppiness, dishonesty, and a boundless sense of entitlement on the part of the principals, combined with very basic virology and immunology, suggest this story has further chapters.

Further chapters indeed. They'll install their new SC Justice with a virtual hearing.

We won't have peaceful elections.

And if they don't manage to steal them, they'll contest them and appeal to the 6-3 Supreme Court.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13606 on: October 03, 2020, 11:48:04 PM »

Props to the Heat for not folding.

yup, they didn't..but they're absolutely f'd. Shame about those injuries. Got to savor these last two games before the long wait begins again.

How long do you think the wait will be? 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13607 on: October 04, 2020, 10:09:54 AM »

Don't know, but pretty sure Silver would rather push it out and avoid another bubble. So really depends on how the pandemic is managed. Which depends on sane leadership. Which depends on Nov. 4th. Which depends on whether the steal-the-election tactics succeed.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13608 on: October 04, 2020, 02:52:17 PM »

Don't know, but pretty sure Silver would rather push it out and avoid another bubble. So really depends on how the pandemic is managed. Which depends on sane leadership. Which depends on Nov. 4th. Which depends on whether the steal-the-election tactics succeed.

Wow thats heavy.  I hope they start by Christmas.  Even if they have to do a dystopian bubble again, or maybe two bubbles, one per conference and kinda go old school where you only plan in conference until the finals where each conference winner plays each other.  By then it would be around Jun/July and maybe things have improved enough to have the games attended by fans.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13609 on: October 04, 2020, 02:56:17 PM »

Hield reportedly avoiding Coach Walton.
Hield wants out.  Big contract kicks in next year, 4 years starting at $25M which drops down to $19M the final year.

SAC could trade Hield.  Or Knix could offer Bogdanovich a hefty contract to get him as a FA, so Hield could return as a SAC starter. 

Bogdanovich a more rounded player, with a better handle and passing than Hield. 
Hield might need more structure than the Knix dystopia provides.  Bogman should be cheaper as well.  Hield a knockdown shooter when locked in.

Getting one of Bogdanovich/Hield would give us a credible outside shooter.
Would move RJB primarily to the 3, and squeeze Knox a bit in the rotation.

Then Knix wouldn't draft Halliburton and not sure how Vassell fits.  Though I'd still take him if Okongwu is gone.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13610 on: October 04, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »

Then Knix wouldn't draft Halliburton and not sure how Vassell fits.  Though I'd still take him if Okongwu is gone.

Knicks roster improvement is meaningless without a lead guard - and adding Hield leaves it more certain we dont keep Elf.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: October 04, 2020, 07:07:47 PM »

Knix certainly need a starting caliber PG.
But we also need bona fide starters elsewhere, and shooters and defenders.
One reason I like Bogdanovich is he can create and pass.  So he can help a PG, whereas Hield is primarily just a bomber.

Without moving up, i don't see NYK drafting a PG at 8.  There could be a decent PG available with the later pick.  A number of small quick PG expected to go in the 20's.  But that likely won't yield an immediate starter, if a starter at all.

As for shooters, I think Gallo is too old and injury prone for us, but thought this write-up was interesting.  Two playoffs in a row, Gallo shrank:

The 32-year-old Gallinari put up great numbers in a rare healthy regular season for the Thunder this year but ran into some serious issues in the playoffs. Maybe it was just a bad matchup against the Houston Rockets, but Gallinari all but disappeared for large stretches of games throughout the seven-game series. His scoring average dropped from 18.5 points per game in the regular season to 15 in the playoffs, and his decline in efficiency was catastrophic -- going from 44 percent from the field and 41 percent on 3-pointers during the regular season to 41 percent field goals and 32 percent on 3-pointers.

Gallinari experienced similar struggles last postseason as a member of the Los Angeles Clippers (35 percent field goals, 30 percent 3-pointers), so prospective front offices might think twice about breaking the bank for the 6-10 forward if they're looking to make a deep playoff run.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13612 on: October 04, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »

Knicks roster improvement is meaningless without a lead guard - and adding Hield leaves it more certain we dont keep Elf.

Bogdanovich is a great outside shooter, a level below Hield, but no slouch and reputed to be a significantly better defender, and capable of being a facilitator as well as a scoring wing. 

AND an unrestricted FA.  Hield would cost in terms of assets, and he seems to be something of a....oh, hig maintenance cat.  BUT MY GOD CAN HE EVER SHOOT.   

If [IF] the Knicks were to have a shot at Bogdonavich, he and RJ would give them coverage at the 2 & 3, and Brazdeikis is still to heard from.  Let alone Bullock. 

Haliburton can play at the 2 as well as the lead guard.  I suspect Detroit is going to jump on him. 

At #8 the Knicks could be looking at Okongwu, Vassell, Okoro and Williams. 

If Hayes and/or Haliburton drops to #8, well, that would be a nice problem to have. 

I reckon the Knicks will have some sort of idea as to trades and free agents going into the draft. 

And in terms of a PG, Knicks could wait until #27, or make a move to get another#1 in between #8 and #27, perhaps dangling one of their Dallas picks and cash consideraikons.

I suspect it comes down to Vassell or Okoro.  Thibs' choice.  Vassell is a good defender and can shoot the lights out.  Okoro is considered a great defender, an inch shorter, but perhaps a bit more heft. 

As for Knox?  I suspect in the small ball epoch, he is being tasked with being a 4 and a 3. 

Do we keep Randle?  Who knows.  Wooten will be given a long look as a center and power forward. 

We have options it would seem. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13613 on: October 04, 2020, 07:39:06 PM »

I suspect it comes down to Vassell or Okoro.  Thibs' choice.  Vassell is a good defender and can shoot the lights out.  Okoro is considered a great defender, an inch shorter, but perhaps a bit more heft.

heh

whothefuckknows?

Leon's choice - small correction

A trade down solves some things

You take the PG who would not be there at 27 and is not worthy of the 8.

Hmmmmm - who ever could I mean?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: October 04, 2020, 07:50:40 PM »

Maybe our resident Bostonian has an opinion on moving up from 14

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13615 on: October 04, 2020, 08:05:40 PM »

Trading down form #8 sounds depressing.  You want Cole Anthony?  Double yikes.

I much prefer getting a quality pick at #8 and trying to trade up from 27 and get one of the many PG's slated to go in the 20's.

But if the Knix have a target and feel strongly, I guess you make whatever move you feel is warranted.   In other words, i don't know much about these players to have a strong opinion.

Killian Hayes certainly moved up.  I haven't seen Okongwu dropping below 7 on any mock.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13616 on: October 04, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »

Anthony.  Yes.  On my list.

Has to be a good deal though - and even if Celts gave us 14, no guarantee he or V Carey are there

Aaron Nesmith likely the best sniper in the draft.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: October 04, 2020, 09:55:30 PM »

no matter how f'd they are, still such a pleasure watching Jimmy Butler and this Spoelstra coached team
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13618 on: October 04, 2020, 10:17:48 PM »

Wow thats heavy.  I hope they start by Christmas.  Even if they have to do a dystopian bubble again, or maybe two bubbles, one per conference and kinda go old school where you only plan in conference until the finals where each conference winner plays each other.  By then it would be around Jun/July and maybe things have improved enough to have the games attended by fans.

Mental health. The players. Remember, that was just 8 regular season games inside the bubble + the playoffs and plenty of the players were hurting and cracking. It's not normal. It's hard. No matter how cushy that bubble is. Now think about once you add in the delete 8 and all the soft shells on those rosters. Imagine D. Smith jr. He'd lose it first week. Odds improve greatly for earlier if the traitorous fat orange piece of shit loses or croaks, but Silver will still rather wait for something closer to normal, imho.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13619 on: October 04, 2020, 10:55:53 PM »

Hey Les made a nice point

Fun watching Bank's guys Herro and Olynyk get it done
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 1849