Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1661756 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52785 on: October 08, 2020, 01:58:33 PM »

"The [Commission on Presidential Debates] and the media cannot hide Joe Biden forever. Americans deserve to hear directly from both presidential candidates on these dates, October 22 and 29," Bill Stepien said in a statement.

These people are too-fucking-much.

Biden is doing Trump a huge favor giving him a platform he can (try to) use to change political momentum that obviously already heavily favors Biden, when Joe could have just insisted on a remote format that doesn't suit Trump's "debate" style.  And, btw, is risking his own health to do it.

So their response is to turn around and lie about the issue in order to insult...

Just assholes.

Whatever you say this will appear to be Biden ducking a  third debate.

Is there a reason Joe doesn't want to debate so close to the election?  Or do you think he DOES - and his people won't allow him to?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #52786 on: October 08, 2020, 02:00:51 PM »

Trump's first debate performance gives Biden all the reason he needs not to debate any further.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52787 on: October 08, 2020, 02:02:46 PM »

Simply say okay the second debate is off (because of Trump).  Biden doesn't need it.  Or say Biden will show up on screen and answer moderator questions whether or not Trump shows up.  The 2nd outcome would be best -- national TV audience -- but risks Trump changing his mind and taking part.

That isn't all it risks.  Wouldnt be entirely softballish questions

As set up as the latest town hall was, LESTER HOLT actually got in some jabs on Joe.  Amusing.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52788 on: October 08, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52789 on: October 08, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »

I think Trump should do the HOLT town hall which has been offered, by the way

But my guess is an address to the nation is more likely to be on the schedule.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52790 on: October 08, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »

Obviously NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been pouring over the sad TV ratings for its  Championship series:
We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor.

And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

Which puts him ahead of you and Kid, since neither of you are on the same side as Silver.

I dont care about the NBA ratings or the messaging

Or BLM, we know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52791 on: October 08, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »

"The [Commission on Presidential Debates] and the media cannot hide Joe Biden forever. Americans deserve to hear directly from both presidential candidates on these dates, October 22 and 29," Bill Stepien said in a statement.

These people are too-fucking-much.

Biden is doing Trump a huge favor giving him a platform he can (try to) use to change political momentum that obviously already heavily favors Biden, when Joe could have just insisted on a remote format that doesn't suit Trump's "debate" style.  And, btw, is risking his own health to do it.

So their response is to turn around and lie about the issue in order to insult...

Just assholes.

Is there a reason Joe doesn't want to debate so close to the election?  Or do you think he DOES - and his people won't allow him to?

This is a really stupid take.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52792 on: October 08, 2020, 02:11:49 PM »

Given his phone call today, he should wait until the steroid is out of his system.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52793 on: October 08, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »

Last time Trump talked to Lester Holt:

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it!

And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

And the reason they should’ve won it is, the Electoral College is almost impossible for a Republican to win, it’s very hard, because you start off at such a disadvantage. So everybody was thinking they should have won the election. This was an excuse for having lost an election.

Yeah, he might want to skip a town hall with Holt.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52794 on: October 08, 2020, 02:16:23 PM »

The Morning Consult poll the RCP is ignoring for some reason:
https://morningconsult.com/form/2020-u-s-election-tracker/

Over 17,000 likely voters!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52795 on: October 08, 2020, 02:21:02 PM »

Last time Trump talked to Lester Holt:

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it!

And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

And the reason they should’ve won it is, the Electoral College is almost impossible for a Republican to win, it’s very hard, because you start off at such a disadvantage. So everybody was thinking they should have won the election. This was an excuse for having lost an election.

Yeah, he might want to skip a town hall with Holt.

Genuine.

It is true that Dems get the electoral college jump - with CA and NY

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52796 on: October 08, 2020, 02:28:21 PM »

America has a disturbing large number of ignorant toddlers who have never understood conditional freedom.

Is it a lack of understanding, or is it that they see "Civil Liberties!" as a bludgeon against their political opponents, much like they see the "Constitution!"

Because those very same people have no issues restricting the freedom of others to do what they please when it suits them.

Room for both, I'd say.   There are conniving partisans and gullible rubes,  both.

Maybe.  Just that I think even the most unsophisticated rube understands there are societal limits to one's personal freedoms.  You can't walk into a restaurant with no shirt on an expect to be served. 

I think on a certain level most of the idiots protesting masks and other restrictions know that what they are doing is more about signaling support for Trump than standing up for "civil liberties."  I know that is certainly true of some of the rubes here.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52797 on: October 08, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »

What does?  All three debates would still be scheduled.

What the fuck are you talking about?  Biden could have either forced Trump to back out entirely on the second debate, or forced it to be remote.  Instead, his campaign was the one that suggested moving it closer to the election. 

None of this is about Joe Biden trying to duck a debate.  All this is happening because Trump got COVID and holding a fucking Town Hall debate a little over a week after he leaves the hospital would have been idiotic.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #52798 on: October 08, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »

Right now would be a great time to produce "King Lear" by Shakespeare, with Robert DeNiro as King Lear, Kenneth Branagh could direct the movie.

Salute,

Tony V.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52799 on: October 08, 2020, 02:38:25 PM »

It is true that Dems get the electoral college jump - with CA and NY

Another monumentally stupid take.

Democrats don't have an electoral college advantage.  If they did, we wouldn't have had two elections go the Republican's way in the last two decades despite their losing the popular vote.
Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 4288