Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1621259 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20730 on: September 23, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »

POLITICO.COM
Trump claims Nobel Peace Prize is rigged against him

Trump asserted that “I would get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they give it out fairly, which they don't.”

He could be onto something there.
Which Nobel would you award him?
Do they have one for meteorology?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20731 on: September 23, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

There is a statute that defines whether or not a complaint goes to Congress, and the requirements of that statute are met here.
The statute covers members of the Intelligence Committee, not the President.
The statute has no bearing on the real issue, did Trump abuse his presidential powers?
He tweets(again) it is all a hoax pushed by the fake news and the democrats!
Adam Schiff cries (again) Impeachable! 
Point is the matter is in the hands of Congress and another political kerfuffle is on.
One additional addition to the “soup” this time is the presence of Joe Biden in the mix.
The statute only requires that the whistleblower be a member of the intelligence community. There is no restriction on the subject of the urgent concern in 50 USC 3033 (k)(5)(A).  None.

Once the IG found the complaint credible, turning it over to the congressional intelligence committees is mandatory. There are no exceptions to 50 USC 3033 (k)(5)(C).
Except, of course, The DNI has the final say, according to the statute.
But keep beating a dead horse if it pleases you.
No he does not. Allowing for my crappy thumb typing 50 USC 3033 (k) (5) (C) states:

"Upon receipt of a transmittal from the Inspector General under subparagraph (B) the Director shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the congressional intelligence committees, together with any comments the Director considers appropriate."

The DNI does not have final say. He has no say at all on the transmittal, he can only make.additional comments. Shall... forward the transmittal. Shall.

I eagerly await your lol and refusal to admit that the statute says what it plainly says.
LOL
To repeat, the statute applies to intelligence activities by government officials acting under the authority of the DNI. The President is not one of them.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: September 23, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/how-dare-you-greta-thunberg-asks-world-leaders-at-un/ar-AAHJhEp?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

A visibly angry Greta Thunberg berated world leaders as she addressed a UN climate summit on Monday, accusing them of betraying her generation by failing to tackle greenhouse gas emissions and asking "How dare you?"

#####

Gotta love these kids...have never struck a blow in the real world of workforces, mortgages, power bills, survival, overpopulation, transport etc, but they're telling adults what to do.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: September 23, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »

POLITICO.COM

Trump asserted that “I would get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they give it out fairly, which they don't.”

Obama got one for doing not much.
Therefore Trump deserves one for actually standing up to NK etc.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #20734 on: September 23, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »

There is a statute that defines whether or not a complaint goes to Congress, and the requirements of that statute are met here.
The statute has no bearing on the real issue, did Trump abuse his presidential powers?
Point is the matter is in the hands of Congress and another political kerfuffle is on.
One additional addition to the “soup” this time is the presence of Joe Biden in the mix.
The statute only requires that the whistleblower be a member of the intelligence community. There is no restriction on the subject of the urgent concern in 50 USC 3033 (k)(5)(A).  None.

Once the IG found the complaint credible, turning it over to the congressional intelligence committees is mandatory. There are no exceptions to 50 USC 3033 (k)(5)(C).
No he does not. Allowing for my crappy thumb typing 50 USC 3033 (k) (5) (C) states:

"Upon receipt of a transmittal from the Inspector General under subparagraph (B) the Director shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the congressional intelligence committees, together with any comments the Director considers appropriate."

The DNI does not have final say. He has no say at all on the transmittal, he can only make.additional comments. Shall... forward the transmittal. Shall.

I eagerly await your lol and refusal to admit that the statute says what it plainly says.
LOL
To repeat, the statute applies to intelligence activities by government officials acting under the authority of the DNI. The President is not one of them.
To repeat: only the whistleblower has to be under the DNI. Want me to type out subsection (A) too?

Here it is:

"An employee of an element of the intelligence community, an employeeassigned or detailed to an element of the intelligence community, or an employeeof a contractor to the intelligence community who intends to report to Congress a complaint or information with respect to an urgent concern may report such complaint or information to the Inspector General."

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:43:00 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #20735 on: September 23, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »

Walter Gropius:  "The human mind is like an umbrella - it works best when open."

You might as well give up and watch RSW as he tries fencing with the rain.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: September 23, 2019, 08:18:30 PM »

POLITICO.COM

In what fucking universe did Trump stand up to NK?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: September 23, 2019, 08:59:17 PM »

The IG found him of her credible and.the allegation supported. Trump lies and lies about his lies. Follow the law and send the complaint to Congress.

I have never seen a group of individuals that thinks they know so much more than they do.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20738 on: September 23, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »

"I don't think he should've done it but that's a far cry from what some people around here are claiming to know as fact that frankly we don't know as fact," Rubio said, adding that people are talking about impeachment so much the term has "lost all meaning."

Exactly

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/23/politics/senate-republicans-ukraine-whistleblower-reaction/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20739 on: September 23, 2019, 09:07:40 PM »

POLITICO.COM

Still waiting for that WAR you were all so sure Trump was getting us into.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: September 23, 2019, 09:18:47 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/how-dare-you-greta-thunberg-asks-world-leaders-at-un/ar-AAHJhEp?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

A visibly angry Greta Thunberg berated world leaders as she addressed a UN climate summit on Monday, accusing them of betraying her generation by failing to tackle greenhouse gas emissions and asking "How dare you?"

#####

Gotta love these kids...have never struck a blow in the real world of workforces, mortgages, power bills, survival, overpopulation, transport etc, but they're telling adults what to do.

As she said, she shouldn't have to, Bambi.

But since the adults are not heeding the scientists, somebody has to tell them what to do!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20741 on: September 23, 2019, 09:21:38 PM »

The IG found him of her credible and.the allegation supported. Trump lies and lies about his lies. Follow the law and send the complaint to Congress.

I have never seen a group of individuals that thinks they know so much more than they do.

Look in a 3-way mirror.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: September 23, 2019, 09:34:01 PM »

LOL
To repeat: only the whistleblower has to be under the DNI. Want me to type out subsection (A) too?

Here it is:

"An employee of an element of the intelligence community, an employeeassigned or detailed to an element of the intelligence community, or an employeeof a contractor to the intelligence community who intends to report to Congress a complaint or information with respect to an urgent concern may report such complaint or information to the Inspector General."
LOL
Section 3033 does not refer to the president. It only applies to intelligence-community officials. For good reason  since if doing so it would hinder the president’s great latitude of  authority to conduct foreign policy. Why this confuses you is beyond me since the matter is now before Congress.
The issue is whether Trump abused foreign-affairs powers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:36:47 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20744 on: September 23, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »

POLITICO.COM

The one where he basically told NK he would turn it into ash if it fired missiles at the USA or its allies.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 4288