Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121932 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2022, 04:30:00 PM »

Mexico is building new electric trains for the tourists that run through the jungle. Many people are concerned because the trains are running through some very precious jungle, it is important like the Amazon jungle to the south. But, the electric trains will be better for the environment than highways. Running electric trains through the jungle is the best way to do it, and Mexico can make money from the tourism.

I support electric trains.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »

Mexico is building new electric trains for the tourists that run through the jungle...

Salute,

Tony V.

They will call it the John Fogerty Express.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2022, 01:49:49 PM »

KTLA 5 News

1 hour

Sky-high mortgage rates and a construction slowdown could push record rents and home prices even higher, further threatening housing affordability for millions of Americans.

-----------

HUD needs to get busy building, we need to get our homeless people into housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2022, 02:27:30 PM »

Why is there a life-guard shortage?

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wireStory/us-pools-close-lifeguards-amid-labor-shortage-85531867

In some places the lifeguards are union jobs and the pay is great, they get to work on the beach or at a pool, I do not understand the shortage. We live in strange times.

And we have 60,000 homeless people on our streets, and we have refugees pouring in, and we have more people at our Southern Border waiting to come in. There should not be a labor shortage. We need to put our homeless people to work, and our refugees, and our immigrants.

We need to bring back the work ethic of the Americans of the 1950s. And when people do work then they need to be able to afford food and shelter, we need to get the wages up, while providing affordable housing, etc.

One example of a good job now is managing an In N Out Burger here in California, a young person can make $120,000 per year for managing an In N Out Burger, those are good jobs now in the current climate. We need for other businesses to pay fair as well.

For me, the kind of jobs I wanted when I was young was something like acting on The Young and the Restless for $30,000 per week, I had 3 teachers who worked on The Young and the Restless, and I used to watch one teacher early in the day on television on Y & R and then go to class in the afternoon to have her teach me. Hollywood is great if you can succeed here, but of course it is hard. And I never made the big bucks, but on one acting job I was paid $300 for one hour worth of work.

For writers in Hollywood, here is what I know about the going rate of a movie script, I met the guy who wrote "Amistad" and Spielberg made his movie, and he used the money to buy 5 McDonald's restaurants in South Africa, and he hired his family members to work at his restaurants, so that is what a movie script is worth. For sure a movie script is worth enough to open a night club in Rome, and maybe make a down payment on a winery.

Anyhow, I do not see how there can be a worker shortage while we have all of these desperate people who need jobs, and we just need for the jobs to pay fair, and we need affordable housing, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:36:18 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2022, 06:27:32 AM »

Bambu, Orianthi is a musician from Australia who has been paying her dues here in Hollywood, she worked with Alice Cooper, and Michael Jackson, and others. She would be good to play for the workers when they are building the high speed trains, etc. She can sing and play for the workers around the USA, I think the workers would like that.

Here is a video that she did a while back...

https://youtu.be/v8dknNm1xiw

If I was her manager then I would set Orianthi up to travel around the USA playing for the workers.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 26, 2022, 05:07:50 PM »

Bambu, Orianthi is a musician from Australia who has been paying her dues here in Hollywood, she worked with Alice Cooper, and Michael Jackson, and others. She would be good to play for the workers when they are building the high speed trains, etc. She can sing and play for the workers around the USA, I think the workers would like that.

Here is a video that she did a while back...

https://youtu.be/v8dknNm1xiw

If I was her manager then I would set Orianthi up to travel around the USA playing for the workers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Interesting about Orianthi.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2022, 11:11:22 PM »

KTLA 5 News

1 hour

Sky-high mortgage rates and a construction slowdown could push record rents and home prices even higher, further threatening housing affordability for millions of Americans.

-----------

HUD needs to get busy building, we need to get our homeless people into housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

Exactly correct.
Spend 580billion on defence instead of 600billion, and spend 20 billion on shelter from the weather for homeless people who can't afford a van to live in, or any other accom.
I was only saying this to mrs bambu this morning in our kitchen at breakfast when we awoke to very cold and misty weather...and her thoughts were with homeless people suffering in the cold.
Particularly the ones she saw in NYC in winter several years ago.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 11:13:09 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2022, 10:37:22 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2022, 03:47:40 PM »

KTLA 5 News

1 hour

-----------

Salute,

Tony V.

Exactly correct.
Spend 580billion on defence instead of 600billion, and spend 20 billion on shelter from the weather for homeless people who can't afford a van to live in, or any other accom.
I was only saying this to mrs bambu this morning in our kitchen at breakfast when we awoke to very cold and misty weather...and her thoughts were with homeless people suffering in the cold.
Particularly the ones she saw in NYC in winter several years ago.

You are a good man, Bambu, and Mrs Bambu is a good woman.

Yes, and that twenty billion dollars for housing would go a long way in cheap areas such as Battle Mountain, Nevada, where they can buy land for one thousand dollars per acre. They can build nice high density housing like in Santorini, Greece, and then they can do trade with San Francisco.

In the Cities then people can build towers, and the bottom floors can be for the poor people, and the top floors can be for the rich people, they can have penthouses on the top floors for the rich people.

Also, we can allow people to run hostels tax free, to encourage entrepreneurs to open hostels, the poor people can take a nice hot shower and they can sleep in a nice comfortable bed for $15 per night.

We also need to create jobs for the homeless people that are easy to do, such as planting orange trees, and working in the forests, etc. Right now it is fire season here in the USA so we need workers to work in the forests to prevent fires, and to put out fires early, etc. Homeless people can also sell beer and hot dogs at sporting events, etc, I had a friend who raised over one million dollars for charity by hiring homeless guys to sell beer and hot dogs at Angel Stadium, he raised money for a group to feed the hungry people, "Canning Hunger." Another good group to support is "Food Without Borders" which goes into areas where it is against the law to feed the homeless people and they feed the homeless people. My friend hired workers from the homeless shelters, as well as from other groups such as Narcotics Anonymous, and the Mental Health Association, he had over 160 guys working to raise money for charity, they sold beer and hot dogs at Angel Stadium, and at the Rose Bowl, etc. A lot of the guys lived in group homes, they lived in big mansions with like 14 guys in each house, and they worked selling beer and hot dogs at sporting events, etc, and they received Social Security money, etc.

We can also create tourism jobs by building a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas.

Yes, Bambu, we need to spend less on defense, and more on housing for our people. And we need to let people run hostels tax free. 

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »

On the issue of corruption in Anaheim...

My local representative, Dr Jose F. Moreno who attended Harvard, wrote a new proposal that will ban politicians from voting on issues which involve people who gave them money as campaign contributions. If you are voting on an issue which involves a company which gave you money, then you need to recuse yourself from voting on that issue.

So, I suggested that we also include the unions, if they get money as a campaign contribution from a union then they must recuse themselves from voting on that issue. Just the same as we do not want companies to control our politicians, then so too we would not want our politicians to be controlled by unions. But, I was informed that there are collective bargaining laws that would not allow people to be recused from voting on union issues. So, he included a part which says that the people need to be informed when unions are involved, but he cannot recuse people from voting on union issues after receiving union money as campaign contributions.

I also suggested that the City of Anaheim buy the Angels baseball team, and that because of the corruption scandal then the owner of the Angels, Arte Moreno, would be happy to walk away as a free man, I am sure he is being investigated by the FBI, he can walk away as a free man with a profit, the City of Anaheim can pay Arte handsomely for the Angels baseball team.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:08:29 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2022, 04:22:17 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2022, 05:34:14 PM »

The Italian Air Force has been in my hometown at Edwards training with their brand new fighter jets, I tried to find a link but it will not come up, I think the jets are called Tornadoes, they are pretty cool looking. We need for the Italians to be a good strong ally, and we need to make sure that they have all of the best equipment and training.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 06:35:50 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2022, 12:05:34 AM »

Let's go!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/atlanta-suburb-pushes-secede-city-due-surging-crime-war-zone

Buckhead has the right idea;

"We're going to pay them, we're going to give them a take-home car, we're going to welcome them," he continued. "We're going to honor them every day and make up for this dumbest move of the century, this
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 577