Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 594

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132826 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2022, 10:44:29 PM »

It is the kind of crap kid uses as garnish for the things he says that are clearly wrong and have no basis in reality.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2022, 09:42:33 AM »

When it comes to having the proper training and self-discipline to own a gun, I have a low opinion of the human race.  And that opinion: the human race has earned it.  Fuck guns and gun culture.  Only highly trained and vetted military and law enforcement
 should have them.  You "arm everyone" fanatics can take your "protecting my children" NRA propaganda bullshit and stick it up your ass.  You are living in a Hollywood fantasy.

There, now I don't have to waste my time trying to be moderate and find some fabled common ground with the idiots who think murder sticks make them safer. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »

Cause I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle (jingle, jangle)
As I go ridin merrily along (jingle, jangle)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »

They cannot even keep heroin out of the maximum security prisons, the convicts are all doing heroin in prison, and they cannot even enforce the gun laws that we have on the books, they need to learn how to enforce the laws we already have before they go about trying to make new laws that we do not even need and which they cannot enforce.

And the world has bad people, child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc, etc, etc, and the good people need to be able to own guns.

I am not going to get into details but there have been multiple occasions in my life when I have been threatened by some real bad people, and owning guns brought me comfort, at least I could shoot back.

And if you live in a rural area, then you need to be able to protect yourself and your family. When my family had a cattle ranch outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada, the police station was 60 miles away, it would take a cop an hour to get there, so we had to provide for our own safety, and we had to provide for our own protection, and so we owned guns. I was just a little kid when my Father taught me how to shoot. Out in rural areas you need to protect yourself, there are not any cops to protect you.

In the cities you have gang members, drug dealers, sex offenders, pimps, mentally ill people, drug addicts, bullies, and other bad people, and I support our right to own guns.

One of my cousins was just stabbed twice in Palm Springs while trying to intervene in a domestic violence situation, he almost died. The world is an evil place, and we need to be able to own guns.

I have been threatened by some real evil people, and I have the right to own guns.

I support the Supreme Court decision to support our right to self defense and to own guns.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2022, 03:23:31 PM »

You can use a bow and arrow as self defense too, I know a lady who does not like guns, but she has a bow and arrows for self defense. It is all about personal choice.

The important thing is that we have a choice, and freedom, and rights, and our right to own guns for self defense is an important right.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »

One thing about a bow and arrow is that you cannot commit suicide with it, it is great self defense for people who have problems with depression or whatever.

Or if you are in a place where they do not allow guns, then you can have a bow and arrows.

Here is a video about a United States Army Special Forces Unit in 1961 that specialized in warfare with a bow and arrow...

https://youtu.be/PMK3y1wIrfs

You can defend your home and family with a bow and arrow.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »

One thing about a bow and arrow is that you cannot commit suicide with it, it is great self defense for people who have problems with depression or whatever.

Or if you are in a place where they do not allow guns, then you can have a bow and arrows.

Here is a video about a United States Army Special Forces Unit in 1961 that specialized in warfare with a bow and arrow...

Salute,

Tony V.

Sorry, Cochise, but you can take yourself out with a bow and arrow.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9539403/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 12, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »

The celebrities need to step forward to help the homeless.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/hollywood-ignores-the-homeless-crisis-in-their-own-backyard/

People need to stop being so self centered and people need to look around at the world we live in, and we need to do as God asks us in Matthew 25: 31-46 and we need to help the orphans, and we need to help the homeless, and we need to feed the hungry, etc.

I once cooked for a group of guys in a Homeless Shelter, it was a holiday and I cooked a huge feast for the guys, and there was a guy there who was a chef for "Food Without Borders" and he said I passed the test, he used to feed the homeless people in Hollywood back when it was against the law the feed the homeless in Hollywood. We need more great people like him to help the homeless in Hollywood.

It is easy to start a 501c charitable organization, and you can have parties to raise money for charity, and concerts, and you can sell items, and you can do raffles, etc. In my neighborhood we have a park with an amphitheatre with 2,000 seats, and with an area where you can sell food and drinks to guests, where people can raise money for charity.

You could have a concert at Angel Stadium with the Red Hot Chili Peppers to raise money for charity, and you can broadcast the concert on television and you can ask people to send in donations, etc. You could do it for "Food Without Borders" to feed the hungry and the homeless.

Also, people can create jobs for the homeless, such as jobs planting orange trees, and making orange juice, to sell California orange juice around the world. Also, it is fire season, and we need to hire people to work in the forests, etc, to reduce fire dangers, etc. There are many easy jobs that we can create for the homeless people.

And we need to bring the jobs back to Hollywood, including bringing a new film and television studio in Anaheim.

People need to care about other people, and we need to help each other.

And there can be Hippy communes for the homeless in Battle Mountain, Nevada, where they can grow flowers for San Francisco, etc.

We have Kiwanis, and the Weingart Center, and other groups helping the homeless, and others can join in.

We need to help the homeless in Hollywood, and the stars can help, and we need to bring the jobs back to Hollywood. Hollywood can still sparkle and shine, we need to bring the shine back.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 01:14:58 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 12, 2022, 01:21:18 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Not like with a gun. A bow and arrow is safer self defense for a person with depression than a gun is.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Not like with a gun. A bow and arrow is safer self defense for a person with depression than a gun is.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, gun's are easier to kill oneself with, and usually don't allow for second thoughts, which is what accounts for so many self-inflicted gunshot wounds. You do realize that is yet another reason to restrict gun ownership?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2022, 07:38:18 PM »

Yes, guns  are easier to kill oneself with, and usually do not  allow for second thoughts

You dont know shit
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2022, 07:41:22 PM »

Hammy is right and you cannot argue with him on this.

Also Kid, you are a bloodthirsty creep.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2022, 08:26:10 PM »

Yes, guns  are easier to kill oneself with, and usually do not  allow for second thoughts

You dont know shit

Why don't you do some research and get back to us and actually prove me wrong?

We'll wait.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2022, 08:39:41 PM »

You dont know shit

Bruh...

That is just plain logic...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2022, 09:14:45 PM »

Gun suicide  do not happen quickly - dont kid yourself.

Jumping off a bridge happens quicker.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 594