Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121939 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1500 on: October 06, 2022, 12:47:25 AM »

So....

about this Georgia abortion clinic overcharging.......

700 bucks?

You pay for the confidentiality if you cower in a hypocrite church as Walker does. Plus the special celebrity rate because of situations like this.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 06, 2022, 12:49:04 AM »

What I learnt from Youtube today:

Take important photos with a camera-SD card as well as with your phone...because if you put your phone in for repair the shop might damage your phone and your photos could be lost forever.

What I know is take my photos on my phone and upload them to my iCloud account.

Though I must say YouTube came in handy when I repaired my front loading washing machine a while back.

Larry,

Consider physical local backup under your own control. There are cheap east solutions that are a snap to set up. I recommend one makes it somewhere on your holiday list. Strong, strong rec.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 06, 2022, 12:50:49 AM »

DT
JM
Oct 5 2022

Thorburn's Church, like pretty much every other church that claims to follow the Bible, says that marriage is between a man and a woman and that sex outside marriage - whether gay or straight - is a sin.

This has been the position, incidentally, of the three monotheistic religions - Christianity, Judaism, and Islam - since time immemorial.
But Christianity is, to the so- called progressive left, a uniquely dangerous doctrine that also underpins Western civilisation and so must be driven from the public square at every opportunity.

#####

Seems to be.
Only if you ignore the tens of millions of professing liberal Christians, like me. Who do not confuse people taking issue with the political implications of my beliefs with oppression.

Or those like me.

Christian principles drive my politics.

Damn near everything practiced and preached by Republican Christian Nationals is antithetical to the teachings of Christ.

You cannot get more anti-Christ than Brett Farve, allegedly.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 06, 2022, 12:54:41 AM »

Jesus was a Commie!

I think it's time for Gulf states and the peninsula to recognize that living on a beach or anywhere on a barrier island is asking for it.  If you are wealthy and want to keep rebuilding, on your own dime, every time your house turns to toothpicks, have at it, but you shouldn't ask taxpayers to fund your idiocy.  Tax money should be helping poorer folk in Dunbar, rather than one percenters on Sanibel.
Rebuilding mansions requires adequate insurance coverage which the one per centers pay handsomely for. Utilities and causeways, etc, are for everyone, rich or poor, hence the need for government funds which  use tax money the one per centers also pay for at much higher rates.

Echolocating off of Wards BS here, I smell serious misappropriation in disaster relief being plotted by thieving cunts on the right. We call them republicans. The all try to look like Brett Farve, noted thieving cunt, allegedly.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 06, 2022, 09:05:01 AM »

He never argues with the point actually made.   No one said someone couldn't choose to live on a barrier island or flood plain.  Just that governments or insurers should not underwrite it, over and over. 
To the point.  Why not?   The expense of that structure being destroyed by nature is borne by the owner and his insurance Company.
The government  has the power to deny building.

Not everyone has a manse on the beach. Folks a mile inland can not get coverage
It is worth noting that the vast majority of people who live in areas prone to flooding in this country are poor.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 06, 2022, 09:23:36 AM »

He never argues with the point actually made.   No one said someone couldn't choose to live on a barrier island or flood plain.  Just that governments or insurers should not underwrite it, over and over. 
To the point.  Why not?   The expense of that structure being destroyed by nature is borne by the owner and his insurance Company.

It is worth noting that the vast majority of people who live in areas prone to flooding in this country are poor.
So you would deny any housing?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 06, 2022, 09:31:34 AM »

People choose where they want to live.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 06, 2022, 09:55:06 AM »

So....

about this Georgia abortion clinic overcharging.......

700 bucks?

It was like 500 and change. The 700 is from the personal check he wrote to reimburse the girlfriend with a dollop of sweetener added.

heheh

yeah, the numbers just do not happen to match

funny
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 06, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »

So.....latest is the woman is the mother of one of Herschel's children

Let me guess -

Christian?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 06, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »

Have to wonder how many followers the younger Walker has added the last few days.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1510 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »

Still missing the point.  Government helps create housing on higher ground.  The fact that I can't build in the Missouri floodplain doesn't mean I've been denied housing.  It means the house I do buy will be insurable and I won't be financially wiped out when Big Mo does jump its banks.  Government banning builds in flood zones must go hand in hand with subsidizing builds of affordable housing on dry land.  Stop trying to assign callous intent on urban planning and zoning that prepares working class people for rising sea levels and more powerful storm surges. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 06, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »

Still missing the point.  Government helps create housing on higher ground.  The fact that I can't build in the Missouri floodplain doesn't mean I've been denied housing.  It means the house I do buy will be insurable and I won't be financially wiped out when Big Mo does jump its banks.  Government banning builds in flood zones must go hand in hand with subsidizing builds of affordable housing on dry land.  Stop trying to assign callous intent on urban planning and zoning that prepares working class people for rising sea levels and more powerful storm surges.
What you described is what already exists.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1512 on: October 06, 2022, 10:44:44 AM »

So.....latest is the woman is the mother of one of Herschel's children

Let me guess -

Christian?

Bzzzt

That guess would be wrong...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 06, 2022, 11:12:32 AM »

Jesus was a Commie!

I think it's time for Gulf states and the peninsula to recognize that living on a beach or anywhere on a barrier island is asking for it.  If you are wealthy and want to keep rebuilding, on your own dime, every time your house turns to toothpicks, have at it, but you shouldn't ask taxpayers to fund your idiocy.  Tax money should be helping poorer folk in Dunbar, rather than one percenters on Sanibel.

Jesus didn't have a mortgage to pay, electricity and gas bills to pay.
No car insurance, house insurance, land taxes to pay.
He didn't have to amass wealth to avoid being homeless and starving...his loaf of bread and other food were never ending.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:26:23 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 06, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »

No. Do you even know the point you are trying to make?
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 577