Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121946 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2085 on: November 30, 2022, 07:25:40 PM »

Scummo corruptly suckled the coal teat as you gamely fronted turning a blind eye. We see you Bambi, you nasty old fart.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 01, 2022, 06:03:28 AM »

Scummo corruptly suckled the coal teat as you gamely fronted turning a blind eye. We see you Bambi, you nasty old fart.

Coal...the govt needs the revenue from coal exports to fund its operations, including the welfare system...and power the nation...keep the lights on and allow businesses/ industry to function.
Something the leftist govt is slowly beginning to understand.
Meanwhile, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

For the second time in my life I now have to live very frugally.
At the beginning (at age 18)...and now nearly 60 years later.
The ride in between was comfortable...I basically worked 9 to 5 for 5 days a week...for wages.
As luck would have it I wasn't born in USA, where life is tough if you don't graduate college.
Washing dishes for a job my whole life would've been likely...although my Prussian ancestors would likely have settled in German American and I could well have been raised on a farm.
Drafted into the Vietnam war I would most likely have spent the duration in mititary prison or tortured to death by 'code red' supposed buddies.

...or India or some other harsh place.
Luck's a fortune.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 01, 2022, 08:26:21 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/ake8a5/australia-will-actually-get-an-anti-corruption-commission

This will make it much more difficult for conservatives to set up and run their operations. Without corruption there is no conservative politics to multiply violence and racism in society, even a backwards place like Australia.

What a load if hogwash.
Conservatives don't have a mortgage on corruption.
Correct. They own it outright.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 01, 2022, 10:07:01 AM »

Why shrimp moss banana peel is a protest phrase in China....

https://apnews.com/article/technology-health-hong-kong-shanghai-covid-5452012336b1f8bbbd8b4658e87be453

Correct. They own it outright.

Bambi likes to lob softballs right over the plate.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 01, 2022, 11:43:45 AM »

LarryB!

• View Profile

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 01, 2022, 06:13:57 PM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 01, 2022, 07:02:58 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-phoenix-government-and-politics-938a920c848d28ca23435a6d2cb61f98

Puerile twits in Arizona get court order.  Another hissy fit in the culture war concludes.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 01, 2022, 07:07:45 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 01, 2022, 10:04:52 PM »

I went to the supermarket today.
I tried being very frugal...it didn't work out so well. 
Mmm, maybe next time.

The 2020 decline in US college enrolment was 7 times greater for males than it was for women.
Looks like the boys will be living with their parents for much longer now...if not staying forever.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 02, 2022, 12:49:34 PM »

Residents at the Cali Lake RV Park are facing eviction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp-BL2wMVes

We need to keep the people in their homes, and RV parks are a great idea in Santa Clarita, and in Acton, etc. Also, as we build RV parks, then we need to have pharmacies, and doctors, etc, by the RV parks, and libraries, and grocery stores, etc, and 7 Eleven convenience stores, etc.

We can also build Santorini, Greece, style apartments, with swimming pools and tennis courts, etc.

As Christmas approaches let us strive to get the homeless people into housing as soon as possible.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 02, 2022, 06:00:37 PM »

Yes, more people are living in mobile homes, caravans ( a travel trailer is still a caravan and all the pros and cons that come with them), vans, cars than ever before.

Govt owned and run RV parks would be a good idea.

Having 'lived' 'van life' for 2 years now on Youtube thru the eyes and lives of those doing it...some for fun, others out of necessity...I believe one problem the van lifers have is the cost of staying in said parks to get access to water, electricity, showers, toilets...in safety.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 02, 2022, 09:02:23 PM »

GOP coalesces behind nameless, faceless Thing that is not McCarthy

Alexandra Petri

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/02/kevin-mccarthy-speaker-house-alternative-satire/

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 577