Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 594

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132942 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3000 on: March 04, 2023, 02:38:46 PM »

What's also stupid is pressing China on the Covid issue.
Wisdom dictates that our time would be better spent working out how to win a war against China, as China is expected to invade Taiwan ( and who knows who else) by 2027, when Chinese President Xi is up for re- election.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 04, 2023, 02:50:19 PM »

Blessed are the peace makers.

We need to have peace with China. And China wants money and peace, they do not want war, they want to do business.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 04, 2023, 03:48:41 PM »

Blessed are the peace makers.

We need to have peace with China. And China wants money and peace, they do not want war, they want to do business.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems to bambuworld politicians on the Right, China has changed its attitude unde Xi, and now says Taiwan belongs to China and China will be taking it back, by force if necessary.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: March 04, 2023, 04:01:31 PM »

The way I see it, China wants to do Business, and the people of Taiwan are rich and they are smart at Business. Hong Kong is also smart, and they are doing Business. The Chinese want peace, and they want to do Business.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 04, 2023, 04:47:44 PM »

[Yes, my being intelligent IS predictable.  As is your deliberately lying about the opinions of others here.
You flatter yourself even if no one else shares that egotistical opinion.
Liar.
But opinions are meant to be debatable.
Which gets back to the origin of Covid.
Now after three years we are finally taking seriously the possibility of a lab leak.
Liar.
And the reason?
The Government scientists are leading the way. This theory has the same degree of confidence as all the others
Liar.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: March 04, 2023, 05:00:51 PM »

Peggy Noonan on the Covid Theory that was ignored.

It will have bothered you that month by month the highest scientific and medical authorities in the U.S. government seemed to be discouraging the conversation, or insistently directing it toward natural transmission.
Anthony Fauci, we later found, dismissed the subject in internal emails a few months into the pandemic as a shiny object that will go away.

That was rather patronizing.

People had a right to wonder and were wise to do so. The disease killed millions. It was a world-wide economic, societal and cultural disaster.
Why it happened matters.
Where and how it started matters.
There could be another pandemic tomorrow. What steps must be taken to see that it does not?

And there was a sense emanating from scientific and medical establishments that people who think it started in a Chinese lab think that only because they are racist, they hate Asians, or because they are conspiracists. At this you would have thought: No, buddy, I think it because I am normal.
Murphy s Law.
You have 1,000 safety protocols and one day you satisfy only 998 of them. That is all you need for an accident.

And you likely thought something else:
This is not politics to me, but I gather it is politics to you.

This began to poison things.

Once lies and finagling walk out of the Lie and Finagle Lab, they contaminate everything.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 04, 2023, 05:11:06 PM »

The way I see it, China wants to do Business, and the people of Taiwan are rich and they are smart at Business. Hong Kong is also smart, and they are doing Business. The Chinese want peace, and they want to do Business.

Salute,

Tony V.

If Chinese want peace they're going about it the wrong way.
They seem to have decided that the South China sea belongs to them, and that Taiwan and everything in it, belongs to them.
Saw in depth interviews with Taiwanese politicians and military leaders in the Sky News Are We Ready For War doco recently.

WW2, Churchill said:
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender".

Taiwan is basically saying the same thing.
Stockpiling missiles, arms and ammunition, fuel, food etc.
They intend for fight to the death rather than surrender to communist China.
Taiwan alone will surely lose to China,
Taiwanese politician said "Australia could be next".

Xi closely resembles "Hitler"?
China's goose-stepping troops resemble those of Nazi Germany?

With Nazi Germany there was no warning.
With China today there is plenty of warning that war is coming.
My Right politicians and other experts are saying that China will invade Taiwan then invade Australia...sooner rather than later.
Why does China want Taiwan?
Computer chips...world's largest chip manufacturer...on which the US is heavily dependent.

Why does China want Australia?

. Tens of thousands of working, great farms...usually a few thousand acres each, growing crops, raising sheep and cattle.
. In 2021 Australia supplied half the world's lithium.
. Australia is one of the world's leading producers of bauxite (aluminium ore), iron ore, lithium, gold, lead, diamond, rare earth elements, uranium, and zinc.
Also has large mineral sand deposits of ilmenite, zircon, and rutile.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: March 04, 2023, 07:42:00 PM »

OilCan has hardly been silent but can never explain why it makes any difference HOW the virus was able to spread.

What is the point of knowing where it started if not to track how it spread?

How would you expect to improve your response to contagious disease without understanding how the last virus was spread?

Your brain is only capable of sharting. The body count attached to your own personal bullshit is still a part of the whole sad story wether it began in a lab, a wet market, or in a skylarks asshole.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 04, 2023, 10:39:34 PM »

Dailty Telegraph today

Australia, the US, Japan and India are now in a new counter-terrorism group amid rising threats, while denouncing China

LarryB!

• View Profile
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 05, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »

It is important to have wise old men as leaders, who are peaceful.

There are so many foolish people who benefit from war, they make money from weapons, etc, etc, etc, and the leaders have more power, etc.

We need wise old men who look at the faces of our young Marines, these kids are 18 and 19 years old and they are the ones being sent into battle. Look at the photos of our troops in uniform, they are all just kids. We need wise old men who refuse to send these young kids into battle.

And for instance, with people fighting over water, instead of selling them weapons and trying to start a fight, then we we need to spend money to build dams, and lakes, and acquaducts, so that everyone has plenty of water and so that there is no reason to fight.

A lot of battles are about perceived scarcities, without realizing that the law of the universe is abundance, we can make the peace by coming from a place of abundance. And one person succeeding does not mean that someone else has to be poor. There is room for everyone at the top. When I was clearing my movie with the unions to make my movie, the guy at the Teamsters Motion Picture Division told me that there was plenty of room for everyone to make movies, he told me that I was welcome. There is room for everyone at the top, if I succeed it does not mean that someone else must suffer.

The bad guys come to power by saying there is a scarcity, and that someone else is the reason for their scarcity, and they tell the people to  fight, and then they say they can attain abundance. But, the truth is that abundance is a law of the universe and abundance is already ours, we already own abundance.

And with the USA our good human rights are abundant and are there for all men, as ALL men are created equal. There is no reason to fight for good human rights in America, people have already fought the battles and the good human rights in America are there for all people.

And it is bullshit to try to punish me for some perceived suffering from the past that I never had any fucking part of. If they cannot make war against you for something that you have actually done, then they start making up bullshit to go to war against you over, and they bring up history from the past that I had no part of, those battles have already been fought. The Civil War was already fought and the slaves were freed. We do not need to keep fighting the same war. And I refuse to sit here and be punished for shit that I did not have any part of.

Money and power, that is why they start the fucking wars. We need to convince the people that they can make more money during peace time, and that real wealth is the time you get to spend with your family, and it is valuable to live in a nice community. And we need to convince people that ALL men are created equal and that we already have the power. And whenever people start trying to make me fear someone else, or hate someone else, then I need to examine their motives.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 01:31:59 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: March 05, 2023, 02:51:19 PM »

One of my favorite plays by Shakespeare is "Othello," the Black and White film version of "Othello" by Orson Welles is the best as the cinematography is amazing. In "Othello" Othello has a great life with his wife Desdemona, but their lives are ruined by an evil man named Iago who told lies to bring them down. In real life there are people like Iago who tell people lies to bring them down.

In Psychology class at AVC our Professor taught us how they train the Prison Wardens and about how they run the prisons, a huge part of how they control the prisoners is psychological. If the prisoners were all united then they are harder to control, so they break everyone up into groups based on race, and then they fight the groups against each other. And they put people in the groups who are controlled by them who do what they tell them to create the problems that the Wardens want for the prisoners to have.

There have been times in life where I have seen people do things that did not make any sense, and that was because they were being controlled by someone else outside of the room.

We cannot let people like Iago make us fight among ourselves. Othello and Desdemona had true love, and a good life, but it was all destroyed because of the lies told by Iago. There are real people like Iago in the world who create problems.

Everyone should study how they run the prisons and about how they control the prisoners, and everyone should watch the movie "Othello" by Orson Welles.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 05, 2023, 03:50:13 PM »

It is important to have wise old men as leaders,

Salute,

Tony V.
Res ipsa loquitor.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: March 05, 2023, 04:27:36 PM »

A wise old man is most often a silly old man pulling your leg.

I know because I heard it from a wise old man.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 06, 2023, 11:14:48 AM »

Venice Beach has been named the worst beach in the USA. Tourists come here and they see homeless people all over, and they see the crime, it is horrible. And what makes it really hard is that people in Venice depend on tourists for business.

Helping the homeless is not only important because God asks us to help the needy, but it is also important to keep our streets nice and clean for our tourists.

If you go to Rome, Italy, you will see that they have very few homeless people, because they help the homeless, and also because they have Hostels where you can take a nice hot shower and where you can sleep in a nice comfortable bed for $15 per night. Venice Beach can learn a lot from Rome, and Venice needs to have Hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower.

As Venice Beach helps the homeless and as they clean Venice Beach up then things will get better, and Venice can learn from Rome, Italy.

Salute,

Tony V.

There's a simple solution, but no one in power in CA seems likely to do it.
So what there is now just gets worse by the day.
Sad really.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 594